Wednesday, December 4, 2024

The Wednesday Hodgepodge...

 Big thank you to Joyce for today's questions!  You can join the fun HERE!


Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 580


From this Side of the Pond


1. What's the best $5 gift to give someone?  We all have too many mugs, but one that acknowledges the recipient's passion (cat, dog, sewing...) would be well received, especially if it was filled with homemade cookies or candies.

2. What's your favorite way to relax/unwind during the busy holiday season?  Feet up in my happy place (recliner) with a favorite Christmas movie on TV.  Some kettle corn and iced tea would be nice, too.

3. How do you feel about gingerbread?  Just okay.  Love it or no thanks?  In between somewhere.  Are gingerbread houses a part of your holiday tradition?  No, never.  If you said yes, how does that look? Do you like ginger flavor in other kinds of dishes?  I like ginger and keep ginger beer in my 'fridge.  Yum.  I like the ginger you get with sushi.  I don't cook with ginger, other than making gingerbread (once or twice).

4. December 5th is National Blue Jeans Day...will you be celebrating?  I wear jeans most days.  Do you have a favorite brand?  Avenue.  A favorite pair? One of my favorites is from Gabe's, which was $3.00.  Do you have a hard time parting with a favorite pair of jeans?  Since I have two pairs in my closet right now that are worn at the waist and hem... but that is in style, anyway - right?!  Blue jeans-joggers-leggings-yoga pants...which one do you wear most often? I don't wear leggings, joggers, or yoga pants.  That leaves jeans.  Yes!

5. As we head into this holiday season what's your biggest priority or goal for the end of the year?  I have accomplished it with the new floors and all the purging.  Feels so good. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.  I did get my card list updated and printed on labels yesterday.  Need to get them ready to mail soon. 

Peace and Hugs!!

Silent night, Holy night...


8 comments:

  1. Sure is expensive this year mailing the cards... par for the course I guess... Hallmark it is for movies... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea on the personalized mugs!
    Were it not for you recommending jeggings years ago, I might still have an aversion to jeans! We're not beer drinkers, but I think there's an old bottle of ginger beer that needs checking out. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put some lime and tequila in the ginger beer for a Mule!! Yum!

      Delete
  3. I think a mug filled with cookies or candy is a great idea.
    I am with you watching a Christmas movie in my recliner. Popcorn sounds good too.
    I am right there with you about ginger. lol
    I also am a blue jean gal - I love them.
    Lastly - it is hard to start purging but after you start, and you are done - it is an exhilarating feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have switched from iced tea to hot now that December is here. I. have a cup late afternoon pretty much every day. How nice to be done with your big project before Christmas. You can now just enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the subject of gingerbread, years ago I decorated our 7-feet Christmas tree with real, home-baked gingerbread men. One evening after supper all the family went to their rooms to change into nice clothes for the Christmas concert at church. When we came back to the main floor, the Christmas tree was laying on its side and our Basset Hound and Beagle (two partners in crime) were eating the gingerbread men. Lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, that is one of the funniest Christmas stories I've heard!! Thanks for the giggles!!

      Delete
  6. Watching something or other on BritBox with my feet up in my comfy recliner right now. It's the best place to be.
    I wear blue jeans nearly every day, even sometimes to Church. We are casual bunch anyway.
    That's a "no" on any gingerbread for me. Never been a fan.
    Blessings. 🥰

    ReplyDelete