Wednesday, December 11, 2024

A Cookies and Milk Wednesday Hodgepodge...

 Thanks to our hostess, Joyce, for today's holiday Hodgepodge!  Join the fun HERE!


Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 581


From this Side of the Pond


1. What's one task you'd like a little Christmas elf to sneak in and take care of tonight?   I could have used some help cleaning up the kitchen after my small group left last night, but it didn't take long to load the dishwasher.

2. What's your biggest challenge during the holidays?  There aren't any challenges for me anymore.  I don't do much shopping and am happy to just chill now.  I like it when folks can be here with me or at least come for dinner, but celebrating the birth of Jesus is all good.

3. Are you a cookie baker this time of year?  I used to bake five or six kinds of cookies when we had lots of company but not anymore.  If your year had to be summed up in the shape of a cookie cutter what shape would it be?  I had to think about this one for a while.  I decided on a heart.  My heart has been full.

4. Santa likes milk with his cookies. Do you like milk?  Yes.  What kind of milk is on tap in your house?  I buy 2%.  (whole, 2%, skim, almond, oat, etc). What's the last thing you made that called for milk?  My bowl of cereal for breakfast yesterday.

5. Share one favorite line from a Christmas carol or holiday tune?  And when you kiss your little baby, You've kissed the face of God, Mary, did you know?

6. Insert your own random thought here.   That song, Mary, Did You Know, always moves me to tears.  Always.


To Me!!  73 years completed!  Good golly!

Mary, did you know
That your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary, did you know
That your baby boy will one day rule the nations?
Did you know
That your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
This sleeping child you're holding
Is the Great I Am

13 comments:

  1. Wishing you a Happy Birthday my friend!!! I hope you have a beautiful day filled with much love, laughter and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that carol too. When you really think about the words it's so moving. While in a different musical genre I also like Faith Hill's A Baby Changes Everything for the same reason. Have a great day Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danny will be singing "Mary, Did You Know" at church this Sunday. It never fails to bring me to tears, too. Blessings, Terri, and enjoy everything Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I caught the movie "The Bishop's Wife" with Cary Grant on YouTube this weekend. For some reason I never saw it before. Perfect for a Christmas view if you have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't make cookies at Christmas much anymore, but I'm thinking of making some today.
    Happy, Happy Birthday to you! Hope your day is as special as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happiest of birthdays Terri! 73 is great. I love Mary, did you know too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Mary, did you know?" is such an emotional piece. Your heart ornament is perfect!
    Happy birthday blessings, from my heart to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that song too - I have always wondered about that. When he was on the cross - did she remember?
    From how you answered you seem very content right now and I am happy for you.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY - today was my brothers' birthday - gone now, and my twin half Neice and nephew's birthday. A lot happening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, this song is wonderful and has made the whole Christmas story more real for us. I love it that you chose a heart-shaped cookie cutter to answer question #3. You have, and maintain, such a positive outlook on life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Terri, Happy Birthday to you, and many more! I hope you've had a wonderful day today. I'm sure it has been special, even if you just stayed home and enjoyed your home and cleaning up after company from last night! I love that you enjoy entertaining so much! You do have a BIG HEART!! And I had that same song on my mind this morning. I love that song so much. Mary did you know...the sleeping child you're holding, is the Great I AM!!! Amen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday!! Hope it was a wonderful day! I love that song. I remember years ago, I had a children's book of the lyrics with beautiful illustrations that I showed to my Kindergarten Sunday school class while I played the song for them. One little girl shivered and said "That's kind of scary!" I think it was the only way she knew to describe the feelings of awe that she had thinking about Mary kissing the face of God! It was a sweet time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually remember the very first time I heard that song. I was with another mother and several of our older elementary age daughters and we were touring an historic home decorated for the holidays. I was so moved by the words. It is a gorgeous song.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, that song, especially that phrase is so tender and powerful. Cannot sing or hear it without tears.

    ReplyDelete