Tuesday, October 31, 2023

The Tuesday 4...

 A big thanks to Annie for today's questions!  You can join the fun HERE!

Fall Traditons & Memories

Welcome to another Tuesday 4 a fun meme started by Toni Taddeo.  

It is Halloween , all Hallows Eve and tomorrow is All Saint's Day. Originally these days were to remember the deaths of Christian martyrs but things have certainly changed and the dark, the scary and remnant of Samhain (So-Win) have been introduced.

 1.  What is your opinion of Halloween?  It is fun for the little kids.  I've been over it for a long, long time.

2.  Memories are important. Some of them are seasonal good times.  What fall memories and traditions can you share with us?  Going WAY back, Thanksgiving at Grandma's with all the aunts, uncles, and cousins.  There would be around 30 people and there were three or four roasters on the kitchen counters, full of yummy food.  I grew up with lots of cousins and cherish the holiday memories.

3. Stews, soups and chili dishes warm the tummy on chilly fall days. Have you a good recipe to share for a good fall dish? I agree that all of those are good but I don't use recipes for soups.  I just throw things together and it comes out good (99% of the time).  Even if it's a new soup and I have a recipe, I probably won't follow it exactly. 

4. Fall is football season. Are you a fan of any teams? Do you watch games?  I will always be partial to the Philadelphia teams because of Joe.  Since he died, I haven't watched a game but I pay attention to how the Eagles and Flyers are doing.  I do like football and hockey, but it isn't fun for me to watch by myself.

Peace and Hugs!

We’ll praise His name forever 
We’ll praise His name forever 
We’ll praise His name forever 
Christ the Lord


13 comments:

  1. Halloween is for the kiddies... and I sure loved it as a kid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your soups are delicious 100% of the time! I'm like you, I don't use recipes for soups or stews...just start throwing things together and it comes out soup (or stew). I don't really watch football either...but hubby does. However, he's not that partial to any one team. He will pick which one he favors for different games, but he's not a die-hard fan of any that I am aware of. He also loves hockey. Baseball...he loves the Rays, but we can't always see them on our TV because of black-outs in areas that are in close range. Makes no sense to me why they do that. Happy Halloween!! Have a happy and fun day no matter what you do!

    ReplyDelete

  3. We had those Thanksgiving get-togethers growing up too and I miss them. I don’t watch football. For some reason I’ve never really figured out the game. lol I’ve never tried making a soup without a recipe. I guess I’m not very adventurous about cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs. Maybe that's why I don't like football. My dad did and it was fun to sit with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Halloween is for the kid's. The whole "holiday" has gotten too "dark" anyway, if you get my drift, so, I stay away from as much of it as possible. I'm more of a Disney kinda person.
    When it turns chilly I like my chili! *lol* It needs to cool off. It's been in the mid 80s here. Too warm for Fall thoughts.
    Can't stand Football or any other stick and ball game. They bore me to no end and it's such a Huge Big Deal here in SE Georgia. *sigh* I prefer racing and most motor sports. Just my preference. I do love all my neighbors very much. We're just so different in that respect.
    Hope your day is wonderful!
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... Racing makes me yawn. Joe Nemechek's parents live here in my community and he visits now and then.

      Delete
  6. I bet your soups are great! I rarely follow a recipe exactly either! I always love reading your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny, I can't remember anyone around my childhood holiday table but my parents and me. More often than not, Thanksgiving took place at a nice restaurant where daddy could order something besides turkey. (lol)
    I'm sure envious of your soup-making; maybe I need to stop being afraid I'll mess something up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love college football, especially the Georgia Dawgs, Terri! The NFL? Not so much. We lived so far from family when I was a kid, I really don't have any memory of huge gatherings at Thanksgiving. At least when my kids were growing up, we had many happy Thanksgivings with my parents.
    Blessings and Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terri: I love chili any time of year, yummy in my tummy.
    We do not celebrate Halloween we do go to Mass on All Saints Day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't love Halloween anymore either. I handed out candy for years here where we live, but once covid hit, I haven't started back up. We do not get many trick or treaters and I just do not enjoy it anymore.
    It is super cold here in Missouri these past few days. Something hot sounds good. Loved your answers! Have a nice week! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Terry! I always loved family gatherings, so much food and so much fun. Hope you're doing well. ☺♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not good at just throwing things in a pot. I wish I was, and every now and then I can pull it off but not often.

    ReplyDelete