Monday, October 16, 2023

Monday's Weekend Recap...

 


That emoji has nothing to do with my weekend.  I just think it's cute!

I went back to work on Friday (after cataract surgery on Wednesday).  We had a lunch planned for staff to celebrate Boss's Day, which is really on Monday (today).  Two of the guys couldn't be there on Monday, so we decided on Friday the 13th.  Since I was home recuperating on Thursday, I made the chili and the cornbread, ready to tote to the office on Friday.  A couple of the other guys were bringing cheese crackers, cookies, and beverages.  It turned out yummy and fun. Danon got his card signed by everyone and we had a nice time.

On Saturday, I baked pumpkin bread first thing.  I wanted to give my Wisconsin neighbors a loaf.  They were to arrive Saturday evening.  I also wanted to give one to Susan and Chuck.  I was short cornmeal for the cornbread on Thursday and called Susan to see if I could borrow a cup.  She was out and about and going to Publix anyway, so picked some up for me, then wouldn't take money for it - so they got a loaf of pumpkin bread.  My mom's recipe makes the best pumpkin bread!!

Vinny coughed up a hairball ON THE BED Saturday morning.  Probably mad because I was sleeping in and hadn't fed them yet.  So I got up and started the day.  I had lots of laundry to do since it included all of my bedding.  I also hadn't cleaned for a couple weeks, so did some dusting, vacuuming, and mopping.  It felt good to be busy and to have the house cleaned.  I posted on FB that my cats shed enough fur to make another cat.  Seriously.

Sunday school and church yesterday.  Always good.  I went to Publix after church and did some shopping.  Parked myself in front of the TV until I heard DeWayne and Marlene talking to another neighbor next door.  I walked over to welcome them back and talked for 30 minutes or so, catching up.  I didn't want to stay long because they were getting the house situated.  I am so blessed by good neighbors... full-time and snowbirds!!

That was my weekend.  We are enjoying lower temps and lower humidity for a few days!! Loving it!!  My eye is doing well.  I even found an old, old, pair of glasses that works great for me.  My newest glasses are too strong now, so these old ones are much better until I get new ones in a couple of weeks.

Praying for Israel.

Israel, Israel, God is Calling


11 comments:

  1. Always love something from the Mormon Choir....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful your surgeries are done!
    Vinny with the hairball made me laugh. I well remember those moments. And they always do it on the bed, the carpet... never on the hard floor! :)
    You are so blessed with your neighbors - and so are they!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure got busy right after your surgery. I'm so happy for you and I know you feel better being up and about. Have a wonderful week and enjoy this fabulous weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a great weekend. So glad you are doing well with your eyes. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You haven't missed a beat, Terri! I think busy must be your middle name - Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lower temps are SO nice! I'm glad it's cooled off for y'all too.
    Shame on Vinny for hackin' one up on the bed. Cats do have their own ways of voicing displeasure. So do dogs. They start barking. "Thanks a lot! I'm awake now!" Good thing they're so cute. *giggle*
    Your workplace sounds so happy. That makes me happy too that it's so pleasant.
    Have a great week. Don't work too hard.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you spoil Danon and your 'boys', Terri! Never having had a cat, I'm not sure what, exactly, is a hair ball is ... but have my suspicions. Indeed, it sounds like you've the greatest neighbors. Makes one wonder if that's not a prerequisite to live in Mas Verde (*giggle*).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They spend a lot of time grooming and when their tummy gets too much hair in it, they have to expel it. Yes, it's nasty. I do feed them special kibble that is for hairballs so it doesn't happen as often as it used to.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. That chili lunch, etc., sounds really good, and the pumpkin bread sounds even more wonderful! Would be nice to be your neighbor! Love the hairball story. LOL. And the sweeping up enough cat hair for another cat! That helps me appreciate the fact that I do not have a cat or dog to sweep up after. We make enough dust on our own without their help! LOL. Glad you are doing so well! Very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a good weekend and recovery from the cataract surgery is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hairballs -- Gary was coughing a lot the other day. I stroked his back gently and asked him if he had a hairball. He chuckled. But no, no pets here.

    I'm so glad your two cataract surgeries have gone well.

    ReplyDelete