Friday, May 26, 2023

Friday Fotos...


I had two more photos but deleted them by mistake.  Good grief!!  One was of the new sign at Southside Cleaners and the other one was of the front of Cheddar's restaurant, where the Mas Verde group ate dinner last night.  The food at our Cheddar's is always delicious.  I had grilled chicken and shrimp with broccoli. 

We were having another pretty heavy rainstorm again last night!  Glad I got home before it started!!

This is from my carport looking west.  The storm was
blowing in from the Gulf of Mexico.


And here is a short video I took so you could hear the rain.  It was LOUD and it really sounded like a hurricane is coming.  I didn't capture any of the thunder, which shook the house a few times. Crazy weather and it isn't hurricane season yet!!



So that's all I've got today.  I am having an early supper at Fred's Market, with my friend Shirley and her son, David, who did buy a house here in Lakeland to be nearer his mom.  I am so happy for Shirley that David is here now.  Tomorrow, Saturday, I am off to Punta Gorda to see the Grands!!  

Peace & Hugs!!

Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God almighty 
Who was and is and is to come...



8 comments:

  1. The sound of those Florida rains! How well I remember them, sometimes being so loud I would have my TV cranked up all the way just to hear! :) Sorry I left Florida but those darn hurricanes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness that IS loud! We have those gullywashers here in Texas, as well. Lots of run-off.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had a few downpours this week too but now it's so much cooler! Looks like a gorgeous weekend ahead! Enjoy your time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was some noisy rain! LOL. Love the metal roofs!! They make it sound much louder! We are getting some rain today too. We really still need it, so I won't complain. Still Waters Pond is happy. Hope you have a wonderful time with your friend and also with your grandkids this weekend. What a blessing to get to see them both together! Have a safe trip!! Take pictures!! Amen to "Holy, Holy, Holy!".

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the best hamburgers I've ever had was at Cheddar's in Dallas. Whew on that storm! So glad your flag didn't take flight. Enjoy your supper with Shirley and David!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That rain truly is loud, Terri, and I could see the wind whipping your flag around. Wow!
    Have a safe trip and a wonderful time tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a bad storm! Glad you were safe and dry. I had to sing the end of your post. Love that song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remember when I spent a couple of nights with you two years ago and how HARD it rained that afternoon when it was time for me to leave? We made memories that weekend, the rain being one of them!

    ReplyDelete