Thanks to Crazy Sam for today's questions! You can join in HERE!
Jose Cuervo
Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so to speak. We encourage you to visit other participants' posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Jose Cuervo (1983)
1) In this song, Shelly West sings that she woke up late on a sunny morning. How's the weather in your part of the world? It is still hot and humid and rainy here in central Florida!
2) She wonders if she started any fights while under the influence. Who's the last person you quarreled with? I truly don't remember. Joe and I rarely quarreled and I tend to be a peacekeeper so quarreling is kind of off my radar.
3) OK, margaritas for everyone! Shelly sings that she likes hers with salt. What's your order? Classic or strawberry? Salt or sugar on the rim? I do like a margarita now and then - classic with salt on the rim, please.
4) Jose Cuervo was a real person. He was one of the first to put tequila in bottles instead of barrels. Since bottles are easier to ship, it was a good decision. Tell us about a recent choice you're glad you made. I am glad I went out to eat with two friends from my church small group, Livia and Wilma. Our group is still meeting on zoom and I really miss socializing with my church friends. It was great fun and was my third dinner out this week. I can't do that every week but it has been nice.
2) She wonders if she started any fights while under the influence. Who's the last person you quarreled with? I truly don't remember. Joe and I rarely quarreled and I tend to be a peacekeeper so quarreling is kind of off my radar.
3) OK, margaritas for everyone! Shelly sings that she likes hers with salt. What's your order? Classic or strawberry? Salt or sugar on the rim? I do like a margarita now and then - classic with salt on the rim, please.
4) Jose Cuervo was a real person. He was one of the first to put tequila in bottles instead of barrels. Since bottles are easier to ship, it was a good decision. Tell us about a recent choice you're glad you made. I am glad I went out to eat with two friends from my church small group, Livia and Wilma. Our group is still meeting on zoom and I really miss socializing with my church friends. It was great fun and was my third dinner out this week. I can't do that every week but it has been nice.
5) This week's featured artist, Shelly West, decided upon a career in music while still very young. She went on the road and sang backup for her mom, country music legend Dottie West when she was still in her teens. When Sam was in her teens, she really didn't give her professional future that much thought. How about you? Did you already have career ambitions when you were in your teens? In high school, I thought I would be an art teacher.
6) In 1983, the year this song was popular, Sally Ride became the first American woman in space. Do you ever fantasize about being an astronaut? Not even for a minute.
7) Also in 1983, quarterback Aaron Rodgers was born. The NFL season is just kicking off. Do you have high hopes for your team this year? Not paying a bit of attention to the NFL this year (or last).
8) In 1983, Motorola introduced the first cell phone. Do you have an easy time adapting to new technology? Yes, I think I do. I have been using computers since they were all DOS. I even did some programming in DOS back in the day.
9) Think of the last potato chip you had. Was it plain, sea salt, barbecue, sour cream, and onion ...? Plain with ridges! Having some as I type this!
Jesus loves us!


This was fun to read. It looks like it’s starting to warm up a little more here. Calling for a high of 81 today. It’s only 57 right now. I much prefer the 57. lol. Hope you have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy your answers...now I want a potato chip! But just one! LOL. I don't think I ever wanted to be an astronaut either...too confining and I'm claustrophobic. Good excuse. I am glad you have so many friends to go out to eat with, etc. That keeps life fun and it is good to interact with others. God has blessed you with many good people around you. I hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend. We have a potluck at church today at noon...they call it an "Agape" group...just for fellowship and good food. I think I am picking up fried chicken at the store and taking it. I don't feel up to cooking today. It will be fun. Talk to you later!
ReplyDeleteI recall my first cell phone.. huge and came with a bag I strapped around my shoulder... memories. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm a peacekeeper, too, Terri, and will go to great lengths to keep conflict at bay. I'm so glad you are able to get out and about with friends, too. It certainly helps to have folks who care about us to talk to.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
I love potato chips...I'll have what you're having! heehee! Pass that bag over here. And I'm not one to quarrel or yell. I raised 4 sons without yelling. I just didn't see the need...I could get a lot done with a look! lol Hugs!
ReplyDeleteLike you on #6 -- have absolutely no desire to go into outer space.
ReplyDeleteI guess I'm a peacekeeper too except for protecting children and the weak from bullies. I will step in and take their ire to protect those who need it without hesitation. But, I don't argue with idiots. As the old saying goes, someone may not be able to tell the difference.
ReplyDelete#8 ~ Me too. I started using DOS in 1977 when I was working for different Financial institutions via ATS Account Staffing in Jax. This modern stuff, though, is getting ahead of me. I hope there won't be many more changes except for the government busting up Big Tech. They've gotten too big for their britches. *wink*
Blessings. xx
Fun Q-and-A! So interesting to read what people wanted to be 'when they grew up'! By the time I left dreams of a horse ranch behind, I'd no idea and little aptitude for technology. I sure admire those of you who aren't/weren't afraid of modern technology! Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteI am sure glad we do not have to program DOS anymore. That was tedious. I hated it.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you got to go out with your friends too. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.
https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
This was a fun one. I'm not a margarita person, but I do like potato chips!
ReplyDeleteAlthough you didn't teach art, you were surrounded by it for much of your working life.