Thanks to our hostess, Bev, for this week's questions! You can join in HERE!
For those who celebrate Christmas #1
What’s your favorite thing about the holidays? Usually, it is celebrating with family & friends. This year... meh.
Do you send out Christmas cards and if so how many do you send? Yes, and around 100.
Be honest: holiday newsletters. Love ‘em or hate ‘em? Love them!
Be honest: photo cards. Love ‘em or hate ‘em? Love them!
How soon do you start shopping? I don't shop that much anymore but after Thanksgiving.
Real or fake tree? Fake.
When do you put up your tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving.
When do you take down your tree? January 2nd (sometimes before).
Describe your typical tree (size, decorations, type) We have downsized considerably. Six feet this year.
What do you top your tree with? An ornament this year. Sometimes a star. Sometimes an Angel.
Do you put Christmas lights outside your house? Not any more.
Is there a wreath hanging on your door? Yes.
Do you hang up stockings? Yes.
Your favorite Christmas Movie(s). I have answered this so many times!! I like so many Christmas movies.
Be honest: A Christmas movie you hate. Joe hates Elf for some reason. I don't mind it but we don't watch it.
Favorite Christmas Song(s). "Mary, Did You Know" always makes me tear up. Love it.
Be honest: If I hear this/these Christmas songs again I will throw up. Elvis's version of Blue Christmas...
Do you send out Christmas cards and if so how many do you send? Yes, and around 100.
Be honest: holiday newsletters. Love ‘em or hate ‘em? Love them!
Be honest: photo cards. Love ‘em or hate ‘em? Love them!
How soon do you start shopping? I don't shop that much anymore but after Thanksgiving.
Real or fake tree? Fake.
When do you put up your tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving.
When do you take down your tree? January 2nd (sometimes before).
Describe your typical tree (size, decorations, type) We have downsized considerably. Six feet this year.
What do you top your tree with? An ornament this year. Sometimes a star. Sometimes an Angel.
Do you put Christmas lights outside your house? Not any more.
Is there a wreath hanging on your door? Yes.
Do you hang up stockings? Yes.
Your favorite Christmas Movie(s). I have answered this so many times!! I like so many Christmas movies.
Be honest: A Christmas movie you hate. Joe hates Elf for some reason. I don't mind it but we don't watch it.
Favorite Christmas Song(s). "Mary, Did You Know" always makes me tear up. Love it.
Be honest: If I hear this/these Christmas songs again I will throw up. Elvis's version of Blue Christmas...
I can't stand the background singers... da doo de doo da.
Give or Receive? Give.
Eggnog or Mulled Cider? Cider.
Ham or Turkey? Ham for Christmas (turkey for Thanksgiving).
Give or Receive? Give.
Eggnog or Mulled Cider? Cider.
Ham or Turkey? Ham for Christmas (turkey for Thanksgiving).


Uh Oh, I posted Elvis singing Blue Christmas a few posts back with my "Blue Light Special" train village. LOL. It was for fun. Not a big fan of the song either. We are having hamloaf this year, baked by my daughter in love, and also a shrimp/scallop/rice casserole, brought by a friend...you met Paula at our house when you visited. Some times we have lasagna but not this year. Now, if I can just get gifts wrapped and some baking done this week, we will be ready! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteI didn't listen to your song when you posted it! LOL My grandma used to make hamloaf a lot. It is yummy!
DeleteI think my MIL is making baked ziti and meatballs this year. We still have a bit of shopping to do and I haven't started wrapping yet.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
"Mary, Did You Know" is one of my absolute favorites, too, Terri. The way Danny sings it always takes my breath away and brings tears to my eyes. We don't usually hang lights outside, but this year, Danny put some on our deck. I really needed that extra dose of comfort and joy.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Mary Did You Know makes me cry too. It is such a beautiful song and one of my favorites as well. Loved your answers! Have a very Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Good choice for Christmas song.... I too....
ReplyDeleteEvery time I hear Elvis' Blue Christmas I giggle, remembering what you said about his background singers. Funny. When I first read this, I thought "Joe hates Elf" was the name of a movie. Thinking, "Gee, I haven't heard of that one." LOL.
ReplyDeleteWell Terri - I have always liked Blue Christmas, and now I will think of you whenever I hear those background singers. :)
ReplyDeleteWe like Elf too.
I like photo cards and newsletters too, and appreciate every card sent my way.