Friday rolled around pretty fast this week! Here we are at almost the 2nd Sunday of Advent already! Wow!
We got to the farm (Joe's client) on Wednesday. It was C O L D!!! We have had the mid-40s at night and only mid-60s during the day. I know... not cold for you folks up north but it is cold for us here in Florida and we don't usually have it this cold until January/February. That said, we didn't see any cattle on the way in or on the way out. They were seeking sunshine somewhere else. The horses all got carrots and there were some cattle in the back pastures...
Joe, opening the front gate...
I also had treats for the cattle dog, Roho, and for the parrots and cock-a-too. Sorry, no photos.
Yesterday, our community was blessed with a Christmas parade by the local Christian school. They were invited to march and sing through the streets here and they graciously accepted. It was so fun to see the kids! The marching band and the chorus all marched by our house, along with some residents in their golf carts and an antique fire truck from one of the Lakeland firehouses. I videotaped it so it could be posted on our HOA Facebook page. Here it is... four minutes long if you have time to watch! Some of you may have seen it already on Facebook or MeWe.



That was so nice to have the band come through. Looks like a wonderful community.
ReplyDeleteHow nice of them to do a parade through your neighborhood.
ReplyDeleteAs always love your pretty farm pics.
Have a great day!
The three amigos really stepped up and posed pretty this week!
ReplyDeleteThe farm looks like a beautiful place, Terri. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteTerri, I am going to freely admit that the parade brought happy tears to my eyes. It is wonderful to see something that seems like real life or life as we knew it. It is wonderful for kids to have an opportunity to play and march and for y'all to see it too. I miss so much like that. Stuff that will never be taken for granted again when and if it returns. Thanks for sharing ---I watched the whole thing and I don't know a single person...just needed to see something sane and familiar. Everything is canceled these days.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun parade and the band sounded really good! Thank you for sharing it here.
ReplyDeleteI loved the parade!! What a treat and that must be a big Christian school to have such a great band. Our children attended a small Christian school with no band at all.:) I know it brought joy to all the residents and most of the young people were so friendly. That was good to see as well.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to see Vanna was feeling well enough to join her friends! Loved that video. Did it bring back good memories?
ReplyDeleteIt sure did. I almost 'whooped' as the trumpets marched by!!
DeleteI loved seeing and hearing the parade. The kids did a great job, and that really helps usher in the Christmas spirit! Loved seeing your farm critters too. They are always such a treat to see. I love that you can do that each week. I know you look forward to it too. (And so do they look forward to your bringing carrots!) Happy Friday!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool parade, Terri! Thanks for sharing with us.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
That's some pretty blue skies at the farm! I watched the parade with you yesterday on facebook, I enjoyed it so much. Hope you have a Fantastic Friday!!
ReplyDeleteHi I would love to follow you on MeWe. Can you post your link? Thank you so much. I loved the parade, a great spirit lifter.
ReplyDeleteGive me yours and I will invite you.
DeleteI like your horse pic today!
ReplyDeleteThe parade is fun!
That certainly lifted my spirits! Our small town's parade was cancelled (Ravena, NY just south of Albany) but the tree in center of town and in the riverside park is lit as well as the decor on the lamp posts. Florida looks beautiful as always! Can't wait to be able to travel again, my parents in Port Richey and Uncle in Hudson. Thank You for sharing and Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete