Thanks to Crazy Sam for today's questions! You can join in right HERE!
Happy Holidays!
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants' posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Happy Holidays! (from the archives)
1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you bypass it all together -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas? I don't remember going to a store to sit on Santa's lap but my grandpa played Santa a few times at my December birthday parties. I know there is a picture somewhere but am not going in search right now.
1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you bypass it all together -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas? I don't remember going to a store to sit on Santa's lap but my grandpa played Santa a few times at my December birthday parties. I know there is a picture somewhere but am not going in search right now.
2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there? I don't think I have ever been on the naughty list but how about this...
3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest? We sent two to Virginia and one to Georgia. Virginia was farther.
4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year? Nope.
5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie? Have you seen it yet this year? I have so many favorites and we have seen most of them by now. Several Scrooge movies, It's A Wonderful Life, The Holiday, The Last Holiday, Christmas Vacation, While You Were Sleeping, Sleepless in Seattle, Christmas Chronicles 1 & 2...
6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day? For quite a few years we did go to the movies on Christmas evening. Our movie theater hasn't opened yet here in our end of town.
7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party? Nope. Our Christmas parties were all family-friendly with kids there and Secret Santa reveals. I miss getting together with my old co-workers. Our parties were always sweet.
8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather? I drink spring water most often but a good cup of coffee is always nice in the morning, no matter the weather.
9. Share a memory from last Christmas. In the two weeks leading up to Christmas last year, we had some great visits with family! Our niece, Sara, and her mother-in-law, Lisa were here over-night. Sara had been at a conference south of us (Sanibel, I think) where she was a presenter and Lisa came with her. We had such a great time with them here.
We also had visits from three great-nieces, a great-nephew in-law, and a great-great-niece! A fun day over at Disney Springs and lunch at The House of Blues...
Then we had a visit from our nephew, and his family... they were at our house for a day and then sent us this picture from their time at Disney...
For Christmas Day we had my friend Shirley (who had just lost her hubby) and her son, David, as well as Helen & Cheryl. We are always happy to share the holidays with dear friends when family can't be here.
Sad that we haven't had any visits like those this year Due to COVID, but the memories are warm in our hearts!! We will have Helen and Cheryl with us this year AND we just found out today that we are getting a visit from Grandson Tristan (and maybe Lauren) on Sunday (tomorrow)!! Can't wait!!






So glad to hear your grandson will be visiting with you all this weekend, Terri! How I miss being with family this Christmas, but am happy that my daughter and son-in-law will be spending Christmas with his mom and dad in NC. The girls will have such fun with their other grandparents.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Enjoy your visit with your grandson. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteShorts on Christmas Day {{{grin}}}. Right now its 8* here, Terri. I think its safe to say, we will NOT be wearing shorts anytime soon, {{{rofl}}}. Just being funny. Have a great day friend. smiles
ReplyDeleteYou had some great visits in the past and so glad you will get to see your grands at least, this year.
ReplyDeleteOh I have a picture of myself with Santa, made at the local Shop Rite. I am leaning as far away from him as I can.lol Last Christmas we went to Oxford MS for an overnight stay and we had such a good time. I am ready to be able to travel again. Thankful to have Grimmwood but I am wanting to head to new places.
ReplyDeleteI can highly recommend Lakeland, FL!!
DeleteYour graphic on #2 is so funny. An attempt was made by me too. I love your memories with family! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
That meme is a hoot! So happy you'll be having Special Visitors tomorrow. I'll bet your hearts are full.
ReplyDeleteCannot believe a year has gone by... But hopefully this year will end all of this nonsense...
ReplyDeleteSometimes our warm memories keep us going. Your #2 graphic gave me a laugh eventho I think it's a great answer!! Merry Christmas
ReplyDeleteGood news at the end. The one thing I have missed is social interaction and this is coming from an introvert. I can only imagine how hard it has been for those that aren't homebodies.
ReplyDeleteMy kids are always wanting to know what I want for Christmas. It is honestly hard to think of things at my age. I don't want anything:)
Yay! A visit from the grands...best Christmas present ever! I have seen a lot of Hallmark and Lifetime Christmas movies this year, but am not doing so well on seeing the rest of my favorites. Everything I search for doesn't seem to be playing on Netflix, Hulu, or Prime Video. I guess I'm going to have to stop being lazy and get out the DVD if I ever want to see Christmas Vacation and a few of the others. Have a great Sunday, Terri!
ReplyDeleteThat is what we finally did. Silly to pay $3.99 when we have the DVD.
DeleteI love your response on #2!
ReplyDeleteWe are big fans of It's a Wonderful Life.
I sent one package out to KY to our son and DIL.
I enjoyed your photos of past celebrations.
How exciting that the grandkids are coming tomorrow! That is truly a blessing and something to be excited about! And I know your Christmas day will be special for you and for your friends Helen and Cheryl. They are truly blessed to have you in their lives. Things will get better soon and we'll be having more company than we can handle again! LOL. Blessings.
ReplyDeleteGreat answers! Our work Christmas party was always a pot luck in our workroom with people coming in and out all day. No chance of being embarrassed with the public around you. How great that your grandkids are coming to visit. Have a lot of fun with them. This year is sure different. I don't think we'll ever forget it.
ReplyDelete