Backing up to Thursday, our night to go out to dinner with friends from our community, found us at the Italian restaurant, Il Forno. It is one we all enjoy. There were seven of us!! Ginny and John are here from Minnesota and joined us, as did our new neighbor, Susan. Susan and Chuck bought Sharon & Bob's house. Susan has been here getting things done at the house. Her hubby will officially retire from the ministry (Church of Christ) at the end of December. I think she enjoyed dinner and being with us. It is nice to get to know her better.
Joe and I both went to Black & Brew, across from the museum, to have lunch with our friend and my former co-worker, Marilyn. It is good to catch up and we got to talk with two other friends while we were there!!
On Saturday, I worked on Christmas cards. Now we need to buy stamps and get them in the mail. We watched a couple of Christmas movies and a couple more episodes of Virgin River. Good show, by the way, on Netflix.
We went to church yesterday and then spent the rest of the day doing not much of anything other than watching more TV and catching up on email and blogs! Today I will be doing some cleaning. I have sectioned off the house and am determined to do some deep cleaning each week. Kitchen and den today including cleaning out and organizing the two refrigerators/freezers. Trash goes out on Monday nights so it's a good time to get it done. Wish me luck!! LOL
Thanks for your visit!!
Peace & hugs! Jesus loves you!!

Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I hope you get all your cleaning done.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
I've got to start working on my Christmas cards, too, Terri. Would love to send one to Joe and you this year, but I need your address. Could you send it? marthaorlando@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Check your email1
DeleteOne day I want to go to that Italian grocery store and the restaurant you mentioned Terrie. It always sounds so good. My Christmas cards are addressed. Hoping to get them to the post office tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteFun with friends… I love seeing that! With the cleaning… Good for you! If two areas seem too much to clean in one day… Do one or even half of one. The important thing is forward progress. Always great to hear from you!
ReplyDeleteMiss Lynda, I miss your blog posts!! Those boys are probably taller than you now and I "knew" them from birth. I would love a catch-up post from you!!
DeleteWe watched the first season of Virgin River and hubby just informed me last week that Season 2 is out not. We'll probably wait until January to watch it as there are so many Christmas movies to watch right now. lol
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a really nice weekend and I hope you have a really great week.
I'm soooo envious of your going out to eat with good friends. Someday! Because it was the anniversary of my father's death, I attended communion services at church. But because there's NO singing permitted, I think I'm going to revert to on-line participation.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry your church isn't singing. I'm glad ours is 'normal'. I am glad you were able to receive communion in honor of your dad (love). I feel so blessed to be living in Florida with a Governor who is keeping things steady and as close to 'normal' as possible. We sure need to get this mess behind us. I care about you, dear friend.
DeleteWe can't go to restaurants right now, but we still can sing in church. :)
ReplyDeleteHope your cleaning went well!
Ugh! I got the two fridges cleaned out, vacuumed and mopped but didn't do the curtains yet, or any of the cupboards. I DID get cards in the mail though and a little shopping done.
DeleteSo many fun things! I'm sure your new neighbor was delighted to be included with the group.
ReplyDeleteI finally got some cleaning done this past weekend because I decorated for Christmas.
I love Virgin River and I've already watched the entire new season. Now I'm mad at myself because I have to wait until who-knows-when to see what comes out of the cliffhanger! I'm still waiting for new episodes of Sweet Magnolias. That's a good one, too, if you haven't watched it. Tomorrow I'm going to work on Christmas cards and getting things organized so I can start wrapping gifts and in the kitchen baking cookies and making candy.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a busy weekend. I'm just getting around to reading, sorry to be so behind. I did get our Christmas letter written, now I just need to print it and put it in a card and start addressing envelopes...always a chore, but I enjoy getting cards so I best be sending some too! So happy you have two fridges. I used to at our old house, but no room here. I miss the extra space, but our new fridge actually is better organized and I can get more in it. I'm very pleased with it. I am happy you are including your new neighbor in your out to dinner group. I am sure she and her hubby will be very happy to have you and Joe as neighbors. Who wouldn't be? I can imagine you guys being the best neighbors ever!
ReplyDelete