Sunday, February 24, 2019

A Compassionate Sunday Stealing...





Compassion Questions


Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!







These are suggested questions for sponsors of children through Compassion International to ask their sponsored children.









1. What is the most fun thing you have ever done?  Gosh, I've had lots of fun through the years but our trip to Italy stands out as one of the most fun!!

2. Are you left-handed or right-handed?  I am right-handed.

3. What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?  I have wonderful people in my life who bless me all the time but Joe married me!! 

4. What is the biggest animal you’ve seen in the wild?  In the wild...  a Buffalo, perhaps, on an airboat ride.  I have pictures of him...



5. What is the smallest animal you’ve seen in the wild?  Chipmunks.

6. Do you ever have funny dreams at night?  I don't remember my dreams.

7. If you could make a law for your country, what would it be?  Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.   I think that law already exists, though.

8. What would you do if you were invisible for a day?  I'm really not a nosey person so I really can't think of anything.

9. If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be?  I like being me.

10. What would you like to change about yourself?  My metabolism.

11. What is your daily routine?  Get out of bed, feed the cats, shower, get dressed, start the day with coffee and breakfast, either go to work or whatever I have on the calendar, think about dinner, make dinner, watch TV or go out again, feed the cats, clean the litter boxes, go to bed and get ready to start it all again!

12. What would your perfect day be like?  Relaxing at the beach or just a quiet jammie day at home with nothing to do but watch TV and/or read!

13. How old were you when you learned to read?  I probably learned some in kindergarten, but remember getting my Reading Circle sticker in first grade for reading all the books we were supposed to read.  I have always loved to read.

14. What is the most interesting thing you know?  I am pretty well schooled on Joe's heart issues and the decisions facing us in the weeks ahead.  I've watched lots of videos and read lots of articles on the TAVR.  Probably not interesting to anyone else but it has held my interest recently.

15. What makes you nervous?  I don't worry or get nervous anymore. I give it to God. Seriously. I'm not just saying that. Having faith makes such a difference, friends!!

16. What is your favorite flower?  The simple daisy.  But please don't pick them for me!

17. Have you ever ridden on a horse or any other animal?  Yes, I have!  A horse several times and a baby elephant once when I was a little kid.

18. What time do you go to bed?  By 10:00 on a work night.  Later when I don't have to set the alarm.

19. What time do you get up?  Six a.m. on a work day;  8:30 or 9:00 if there is no place to go.

20. Do you know how to swim?  I do and used to be pretty good. I was a qualified, card-carrying lifeguard when I was in high school, though never got to work as one.


Thanks to Bev Sykes for today's meme!! You can visit her and join in HERE!!

Thank you for your visit!  Peace & hugs.  God bless!!






16 comments:

  1. I love the questions as it helps to know you even better. Happy Sunday and hope you didnt have to set that alarm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting questions and answers. It looks as if you and I have similar days -- get up, feed the cat, then feed me, shower and start the day. I learned to read before I started school (my mom taught me) and I couldn't understand why everyone else didn't know how to read too. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy is my fave too. I rode an elephant when I was little too.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri I would rev up my metabolism too.lol We are finally getting Sun here in No ALA....so happy to see it today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful Sunday..... great questions..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your trip to Italy sounds great! I would love to go there too.
    I wish my metabolism was different too. UGH! Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Italy would be amazing!
    I'm having one of those lazy jammies days today. Tim and Colton are snuggle on the couch watching Nick Jr. and I am browsing the excursions available for our cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your answers to the questions. My daughter and family went to Italy. Wish I could go but not in the cards.
    Enjoy your Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having faith makes such a difference ...

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. quiet jammie days at home are the BEST! Metabolism is a great choice. How well I remember being able to devour huge helpings of food and still I weighed 25lbs. less. 'Taint fair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "In the wild... a Buffalo"


    Wow! Where?


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few rogue buffalo left on an island on Lake Kissimmee that fend for themselves "in the wild".

      Delete
  12. We had, of course, a lot of buffalo in Colorado, with a large herd of them in the foothills just west of Denver. I have never thought of buffalo living in Florida. They are so big and have all that fur-- seems too hot for them here. But I guess they (like me) have adapted!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love daisies, and I can't remember a time when I didn't want to read or be read to as a child. Books have always been my friends. And like you, I don't worry, I give my cares and burdens to the Lord. He handles them quite nicely!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved your answers. I saw a buffalo in Kansas, and also they did have some in The Villages, FL., but I think they finally moved them out as it was just too confining for them with all the "Village People". The biggest animal I've ever ridden was a draft horse...actually quite comfortable! I am left-handed. I love roses, but so many other flowers too. I wish I could grow them all like my sister does. We go to bed around 9:30-10:00, and get up around 6 am. I am a morning person, and hate to stay in bed too long. 7:00 is my latest time to get up. I love to read...I keep our library quite busy keeping up with all my book requests. So thankful I discovered that when I retired. I still prefer real books. Perfect day...spending with family/friends at a cabin/lake somewhere in the woods, mountains, etc., and not having to do the cooking...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed your answers. I like daisies too - they are so cheerful!
    I agree on faith. Knowing God is in control makes such a difference.

    ReplyDelete