I don't have pictures from any day over the weekend so all I can do is write about what entailed and share some older photos, perhaps.
Thursday, after work, Joe and I got haircuts at Reflections of Excellence. We have been going to Teena for years and years. Love her and her family. Her dad was a barber there before he retired and her oldest son has followed in her footsteps and works there. This picture was taken in June...
On Friday morning, I met my friend, Shirley, at Fred's Market for breakfast. Cindee was supposed to come too, but she begged off. She and her hubby just bought a new house and they are in the middle of moving - going back and forth and she had three errands to run that morning. Shirley and I ate and talked for over an hour so we had a nice time catching up. We both got the blue plate special. One trip to the buffet and always enough.
Friday was also the second anniversary of our moving to Mas Verde and our new home here. We still love it!! Joe and I went grocery shopping. Blah, blah, blah. LOL
I had to work on Saturday morning and we were busy. Makes the time go faster. I did laundry on Saturday afternoon.
We went to church Sunday morning and neither of us coughed while there! Whoohoo! It felt good to be back, worshiping with other believers!
Grandson Tristan called us from Texas Sunday afternoon! We get texts but rarely a call. He told us that he is applying for a job in Orlando so, of course, we are hoping it comes through for him!! I think there might be a girl involved in the decision. He told us she is in Tampa. That puts Lakeland smack dab in the middle!! He has been offered a job with Lockheed Martin in Texas but is trying to get them to put him in Orlando. He also told us that he won an award for the top student in Economics. He graduates from SMU in May.
We had Helen and Cheryl over for lunch after church. I made beef stew in the crockpot, deviled eggs, and strawberry shortcake. We were all satisfied! Sunday evening, Al and Theresa stopped by. Al (still works at the Museum) told us about this year's Gala, which was Saturday night. My longer-time friends here will remember me posting about The Gala in years past. It is a premier black-tie formal dinner, dance, and auction fund-raiser for the Museum (where I worked for 20+ years). Joe and I got to go and sit with the guests and have a delicious dinner before I had to work helping to close out the auction purchases. I do miss being there because it was always a fun time to be part of. I stopped myself going there Saturday afternoon, just to peak in at the decorations. The auction is online now and I put a bid in on a couple of things and got them both! Didn't expect to get one and got both. They have already hit the bank account so I need to go by and pick things up this week. It was fun to at least bid on the auction. One was a gift card for our favorite Palance Pizza and the other is a breakfast basket with Champaign and utensils and pancake/waffle mixes. Here are some photos from previous Galas.
I am at work this morning. Joe has pre-admission at the hospital tomorrow afternoon and his catheterization is Wednesday. Your prayers are always appreciated! And speaking of prayer requests, my youngest sister, Tammy's husband, Bruce, had a mild heart attack and they think also a mini-stroke early yesterday morning. He is in the hospital, in Tifton, Georgia. We are waiting to hear the results of his MRI Many of you know that Bruce suffered a major brain-bleed stroke three years ago. He is still recovering from that and this set-back breaks my heart. Hoping he will bounce back from this.
Thanks for your visit! Wishing you a good week ahead!
Peace & hugs! God bless!!







You have been busy this weekend. Best wishes.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Will be praying for Joe's procedure and also will pray for Bruce and Tammy. Bet you did enjoy stopping by the Museum and seeing everything...brought back memories for sure. Hope you have a happy Monday.
ReplyDeleteYou had a busy weekend. Have a nice day!
ReplyDeletewishing you a great day, Prayers for all concerned.
ReplyDeletePraying for Joe and you too Terri as you wait and as y'all make decisions.
ReplyDeleteOh, what a mixed-bag of emotions in just a few days! First and foremost, prayers lifted, both for Joe and Bruce. Congratulations on winning the on-line auction -- woo-hoo!!! Gosh, it seems like yesterday your Tristan was just enrolling at SMU. Won't it be awesome to have him near once more?
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness - keeping your BIL in prayers this morning & especially for Joe on Wednesday!!! Always so much to pray about, isn't there? So grateful God has it all in His knowing!!!!!
ReplyDeletePrayers for Joe and Bruce!!! I have my fingers crossed that the Grandson will get the Florida relocation!!! That would be so awesome for you Terri! Have a great week! Good luck at the procedure for Joe! Hugs
ReplyDeletePrayers lifted for Joe and Bruce, Terri.
ReplyDeleteLoved the photos of the previous gala, and congrats on winning two items in the auction!
Blessings!
I am sorry to hear about Bruce, Terri. I still love that jacket and the photo of you and Joe at the gala. Gorgeous! Glad to hear that miserable cough has finally left. And isn't it wonderful to have a barber you've trusted for years!!
ReplyDeletePrayers for Joe as he goes for a heart cath on Wed. and for Bruce's recovery. We just have to trust the Lord in times like these. May the Lord give all of you peace.
ReplyDeletePraying for Joe and for your sister's husband! Thanks for sharing the pics from previous galas. I always enjoyed the glimpse into that fancy world.
ReplyDeleteHow exciting about Tristan!
ReplyDeleteI do remember the Gala and I've always liked that picture of you and Joe.
Continued prayers for Joe and you too.
Oh no! I'm so sorry about Bruce!! I pray there was not much damage and he can recover completely.
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy reading about your good times with friends.
Wouldn't that be great to have your grandson so close?