Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Weekend & Holiday Recap on Tuesday... and the Give-away!!



I hope you all had a nice long weekend and if you had to work, I hope it wasn't too busy for you!

Friday evening Joe and I went to dinner at Cheddar's with Al and Theresa. I didn't get a picture but we did have good food and a fun time. We started with their tower of onion rings, and I do mean it is a tower! They are really good.  This picture is from the internet. We ate them all.



Dinner was early so we still had time to get to the Clubhouse for Nickels with our friends. It was my night!!  I never win. Seriously, I never win... until Friday.  I won one game by myself and three games with another person. I was delirious!!  LOL  (not really, but it was fun to win for a change!)  Joe and I took two dozen cupcakes (from Sam's Club) to Nickels because it was Anne and Paul's birthdays.  Anne's was Friday and Paul's (our across the street neighbors) was Saturday. Everyone enjoyed the cupcakes, which we shared with the ladies playing Hand & Foot, and the group playing Texas Hold'em.  

Saturday and Sunday were lazier than lazy. We really did nothing but watch TV.  We got 'hooked' on Foyle's War and watched all 9 seasons in about five days. Good show that takes place in WWII London, 1940-1945.  Excellent.  We found it on Acorn TV.

Monday, Memorial Day, our HOA hosted a potluck at our Clubhouse.  They supplied the ribs, hotdogs, and hamburgers, and residents brought a dish to share. Boy-oh-boy was there food!! 

  
and desserts...

We invited Helen and Cheryl to join us.

There was a nice crowd of year-round residents!!


If you have been following my blog since Friday, you know that I was given a promotional canvas photo from the Canvas Factory and they gave me one to give away on my blog.  Several of you got your name put in more than once for mentioning the drawing on Saturday and/or Sunday too.  I did the drawing the old-fashioned way and had Joe draw the name...



He pulled out Martha Jane Orlando's name!! Congratulations Martha Jane!  Please message me on Facebook with your email address and I will give you the promotional code you will need to get your 16 x 20 canvas photo done!  They do such a good job!  You will love yours as much as we love ours!

That's all I have for this Tuesday! Thanks for stopping by!  Peace & hugs.









20 comments:

  1. Joe looks so happy, Terri, smiles and giggles. Congrats to the winner. WOW, is that a lot of food! smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that I could pass on ordering that onion ring tower. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we LOVE Foyle's War...it is so good!! We are on the second season of The Crown and we are both enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe made the drawing FUN! Very cute! And looks like a nice weekend of food and friends. Ours was very quiet but nice. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Mmm those onion rings look yummy.
    Congrats to Martha Jane!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got done with three years worth of the series "Borgia's" on Netflix. Talk about a binge! I enjoy a historical film and was well worth the time, if one doesn't mind a whole lot of sex...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Foyle's War is quite good TV.

    Well done and congratulations, Martha.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never win anything either, Terri, but it looks like my ship finally came in!!! I will e-mail you today.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a fun holiday weekend with some good food as a bonus! And being a winner is just the icing on the cake! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to Martha Jane Orlando!! How wonderful! I know her hubby is quite the photographer, so I am sure they will have something wonderful to put on that canvas. Sounds like you had a great weekend...that dinner yesterday looks scrumptious!! Hope you are both starting to really feel better. Love to all...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a pot luck : ) We're having one in our neighborhood soon for a friend moving. Congrats on your win! I don't think I know the game Nickels?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those onion rings look delicious!
    Ive always liked potlucks. So many good cooks and its great to try their food.
    Congrats to Martha Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. We LOVE those onion rings and we also LOVE Foyle's War. Wishing it could have gone on and on. Your community certainly knows how to put out a spread! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We don't have a Cheddars, but Red Robin does an onion ring tower to die for! Not really, but I could make a meal on that alone!) ... and that luck dessert table? Oh my!
    Big congrats to Martha Jo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuk, I did it again ... sorry, I meant Martha JANE.

      Delete
  15. Joe looks great! Congrats to Martha.
    We watched all of Foyles War too and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mari, he feels good - if we could just figure out what is wrong with his hip & knee. Seeing a new ortho doc on the 19th... for me too.

      Delete
  16. I see you and Joe had a fun and nice weekend...lots of good food too. I had a very nice weekend. Son and daughter-in-law came yesterday and brought food, we played cards and had a ton of fun. Today they came and picked me up and we went to the cemetery to put flowers in my daughter and husbands urns. Have a great week sweet Terri. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved sharing your weekend with you!
    I especially loved the days spent watching tv.
    Those are the best days!
    Congratulations to your winner!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never heard of that series, but I know I would love it. Boy, you have such fun stuff to do in your community!

    ReplyDelete