Friday, January 6, 2017

Friday Foto Friends....

Linking up with Debbie, at Breathing in Grace, for Friday Foto Friends!


I am so happy it's Friday!  Of course, the weekend will bring cleaning out and packing, but that's a good thing!  Hopefully, we can start to visit some homes for sale too.

That said, I have not one new photo to share today, but I always love to revisit our trip of a lifetime to Italy back in 2007.  I don't think I have shared a couple of these before and I know some of my newer connections here haven't seen any of these, so....

 Joe's first taste of Gelato.  We had it every day after this.

 This is a home in Venice. I thought it was beautiful as we went by.

 My sweetheart in the gondola on the Grande Canal, Venice.

 A view of St. Mark's from the top of the bell tower.  We attended Mass in the Cathedral.

 They do indeed have pizza in Italy!

 On the roof of our hotel in Florence.

 Joe in front of the Trevi Fountain, in Rome.

 Looking out at Rome from the Vatican steps.

A little restaurant in Rome a few blocks from the Vatican.

My current phone camera is better quality than the point-and-shoot camera I had on our vacation in Italy. My pictures are terrible quality and photos I took inside buildings didn't turn out at all. If I could go back, I would have much better photos!!  But....blessed to have these and the amazing memories of a very special trip with my very Italian husband.

Thanks for your visit!  Please add us to your prayers to find the home intended for us! Peace & hugs.




19 comments:

  1. What lovely photos, Terri...keeping you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been out of the US and it looks doubtful that I ever will travel abroad so I enjoy traveling via arm chair. Yes to Gelato. I love it!! I bet it is even better in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trip to Italy looks amazing. I love gelato too.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos of a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty in peach! :)
    Ohhhh, I'd love to return to Italy someday. (Back in the early 90's, I was seeing a gentleman who lived in viaRegio.)

    Your sampling of photos looks like it was the trip of a lifetime, indeed. What a thrill to ride down the Grand Canal in a gondola!

    Prayers that your sweet new home will be out there waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. How fortunate you were to be able to visit Italy. I hear the people are very friendly. That must be a sweet memory. I would enjoy seeing all of Europe but would especially like to visit the British Isles (my ancestry). At least I can content myself with traveling all over America. With our diverse culture, it's like Europe in miniature, only we have more liberties. Hope your day is blessed and full of joy. Don't work too hard! ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had gelato ... amc urious to see what's so amazing about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca Jo, the texture is different. They use more eggs instead of so much cream. Delicious!!

      Delete
  8. I love seeing your Italian pictures...they are so good of both of you and the sites you saw are amazing. Enjoy your weekend, and hope you find your new home without too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a beautiful trip that was! Thank you for sharing them with us. I have never traveled out of the USA, so I love seeing the world through others' eyes. So happy you had this opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome photos. I'll have to live vicariously through you! I know you can't wait to go back someday. Maybe once you retire...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to go to Italy some day. Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures! I've never had Gelato but it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those photos. How wonderful to go to Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a wonderful trip - and if you have Italian heritage, it's even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing these pictures. I would love to go to Italy someday. However with the way the world is these days, I'm afraid to go anywhere. Praying for you to find your forever home quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such lovely photos! I can see why you enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. In spite of your disclaimer, the pictures are great and I enjoyed them so much. That home in Venice was beautiful -- imagine, a canal for a front yard! No mowing or shoveling!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Terri, What a delightful trip. Praying for you both as you seek the Lord's will re a new home.

    ReplyDelete