Here are the questions, we provide the answers, then hop back HERE Wednesday and we'll compare, in a good way of course. Thank you, Joyce, for another fun Hodgepodge!
1. In honor of the date...when were you last sent on a 'fool's errand'?
I don't recall ever being sent on a 'fool's errand'. If I have been, then I am a fool for not knowing it! LOL
2. Peter Rabbit, Bugs Bunny, The Energizer Bunny, The Easter Bunny, Rabbit (Pooh's friend), White Rabbit (of Wonderland fame), or the Trix Rabbit...which of these 'famous' rabbits can you best relate to right now?
Definitely not the Energizer Bunny! Probably the Easter Bunny, since I have been preparing for Easter this week, including dinner and Easter Baskets.
3. When did you last find yourself scrambling to get something done? Explain.
Good golly, I scramble to get something done most days. Sigh. There is always something, either at work or home. Always.
4. Last time you were up at the literal crack of dawn? Why? Last time you stayed up all night? Why?
I am up Monday through Friday BEFORE dawn. My alarm goes off at 5:00 a.m. I am usually driving to work in the dark, too. The crack of dawn happens while I am at my desk. The last time I stayed up all night was so long ago, I can't even remember.
5. Crack a book, crack a bottle, crack a joke, crack an egg...which have you done most recently?
I haven't cracked a book in a long time, since they are all digital now, on my Nexus7 tablet. I crack a bottle of water several times a day, so I will go with that.
Sleeping in and not setting an alarm clock. See #4 above for why!
7. What's something I'd find on a bookshelf in your home? Other than a book I mean!
We only have a couple of book shelves left in the house and they have books as well as little pretties, photos and keepsakes mixed in.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I love how supportive my "digital" friends are, both here and on Facebook. You all come through with prayers and kind thoughts and sweet words all the time, just when I need them most. Thank you for your friendship and compassion. Thank you! (Specifically referring to the loss of our sweet Onyx, but also for the many other times.)
Peace, love & hugs!! Thanks for coming by today!
I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. Pets fill spaces in our homes that are empty when they're gone. Hugs to you xo
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy sleeping in on Sunday mornings too! I get up between 6:00 and 6:30 instead of 4:30 the other six days of the week.
ReplyDeleteSleeping in is the best.
ReplyDeleteI only have a few books in my house too. I love digital books. They don't take up any room and I don't have to dust them. Have a great day!
April 1st is just that around our house. We are not into playing practical jokes. Sleeping late, what is that? Now that I could, I dont! lol I agree on our friends here on the net. Words can mean the world to us and those here seem to always say the right ones. Happy Hump Day!
ReplyDeleteOh, I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday, so I didn't know about Onyx. I'm so sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteFor some reason, I don't enjoy reading digital books as much as an actual paper copy. Call me old fashioned :( I do, occasionally, read a book on my Kindle though.
You're beginning to sound like someone who's getting ready for retirement (no clocks, nothing that HAS to be done quickly)! When the time comes, I hope you enjoy it as much as Ed seems to.
I can see why sleeping in on the weekends is such a treat. I'd do the same thing. I haven't been out that early in the morning in a long while but if I remember correctly, there is something nice about the quietness of it. Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteI suppose most of us have few actual books in our house now. I still have my collection of Harry Potter, some cook books and a few others. I just don't have the physical space as I've mentioned before.
ReplyDeleteI know how much you're missing Onyx. How are the other cats?
Brenda, the other cats are missing Onyx too. He was the top cat, so we have some new dynamics playing out. Lilly seems to be more timid than usual, and Lucy is hiding under the dining room table most of the day and all night. Vinny lost his tomcat mentor. He is spending time sleeping in all the places Onyx used to sleep. Actually, Onyx was placed in a box, waiting for Lasting Paws to arrive and take him away for cremation, and Vinny went up to Onyx and reached out with his paw and touched Onyx's head. It made me cry again. It was like he was bidding his buddy farewell. Very sad. They all know he won't be back. :(
DeleteMy sister's dogs reacted exactly the same way when their dog Alley was run over and died. She was the matriarch of the family and they sure missed her as we humans do.
DeleteThere are a lot of Easter bunnies out here today!
ReplyDeletePraying for your other kitties.
I cracked a book and a lot of water bottles too! And I can't remember the last time I stayed up all night - and when the last time that I got up at the crack of dawn - when is that? lol I do get up at 6:30 in the am.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear about Onyx, Terri. It is so hard to lose these wonderful companions God gave us. So often I marvel at his grace in giving us other creatures to love. It's an amazing thing. BTW I do not envy you driving in the dark! I have terrible night vision!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a wonderful Easter week.
I'm up at 5 most days too. It's too early!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you enjoyed my blog post today. I do try to keep it light!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about your cat. It's hard to lose a pet. I also read most books digitally, but I guess I considered that cracking my Kindle. Ha!
ReplyDelete