Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wednesday's Hodgepodge!

Thanks to Joyce, at From This Side of the Pond, for another great Hodgepodge of questions!

Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 182

From Joyce:  I guess I won't bother saying that eventually I'll catch up around here, because I'm beginning to doubt it myself. How about I just post the questions for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge, and we'll see how the day goes?

Whether your brain feels too full lately or not full enough, there's always the Hodgepodge to provide a little mid-week focus.


1. The month of July was named for Roman Emperor Julius Caesar. He's quoted as saying, 'Experience is the teacher of all things." So what has experience taught you lately?  To keep calm and carry on! It is what it is.

2. Where did you last 'roam'? Other than to work and home again, I guess the last time we ventured away from Lakeland, was down to Naples, FL, to visit with family.

3. Speaking of 'Rome'...pizza, pasta, gelato...you can only pick one, which would you choose? Who says I can only pick one? (winking!)  Definitely pasta, but I do love pizza and gelato (and Italy).

4. 'Rome wasn't built in a day', 'All roads lead to Rome', 'When in Rome...' which 'Roman' idiom have you most recently encountered? Explain.  Rome wasn't built in a day....trying to get ready for the audit is taking about two days longer than I anticipated.

5. What's a movie you've seen or a book you've read, that makes you want to book a trip to Italy? The book I'm reading right now makes me want to go to Scotland, but there are many, many movies about Italy that make me want to go again... Google lists over 400 titles, by the way (I looked). One that we have in our movie library, and a favorite, is Under the Tuscan Sun and Tuscany was my favorite part of Italy during our visit there in 2007. Love, love, love!

6.  Walt's original Disneyland opened almost sixty years ago, on July 17, 1955  Have you ever been to the California park? How about any of the other Disney parks around the world? What's your favorite amusement park ride or attraction?  We had season passes to Disney World, in Orlando, since we live only 45 minutes away, but the grandkids out-grew it, and we really don't care to go anymore. We preferred Universal Studios and Busch Gardens to the Disney parks, anyway.  I loved the roller coasters, but am too old and fat to enjoy them now. We gave up our season passes for those two parks (and Sea World) too. The kids don't want to go anymore, and when company comes, and they want to go, we tell them what exit to take, off of I-4. We do go to Universal's City Walk, and to Downtown Disney now and then.

7. It's that time of year...when were you last bitten or stung?  I am allergic to stings, so I avoid stinging insects, and have been known to make loud noises and flee the area if I see one!  The last time I was stung was years ago. A wasp got my thumb, and my arm was swollen up past my elbow. I don't go out after dusk, to avoid biting mosquitoes. They are wicked here in Florida.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.  Hoping we can bring our cat, Onyx, home from the Vet today. Not so random, but it is foremost in my mind right now.

Update:  Onyx gets to come home today!!!  Thanks for the prayers and positive energy sent his way this week!  Antibiotics and thyroid meds, but we can deal with that!

Thanks for visiting my Hodgepodge today! I appreciate your time and your comments! Have a blessed day!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Terri! I enjoyed reading your answers to the Hodgepodge questions today...especially #1...it truly is what it is! I hope Onyx can come home from the vet today, also! Have a good remainder of the week, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First and foremost is Onyx, and hoping he gets to come home today. I know you all miss him so much. I also liked reading your questions today. I have been to the California Disney World and it is nothing like Disney Land...of course that was when I was 17 and I am 72 now...it has probably been updated since then. Under the Tuscan Sun is one of my favorite movies too and I would love to go there. Hope all goes well at work today. Thank you my friend for your prayers for me...it worked! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Terri. I am praying that you receive good news about Onyx today! Poor little guy has been through so much. I don't think my family will ever outgrow the Disney Parks..lol. They are all adults now and I think they love Disney parks more now than when they were kids..Lol. I think I would choose pizza and I love Under the Tuscan Sun! Visiting Italy is on my bucket list. Have a wonderful Wednesday...hopefully you can wrap up the audit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think my hubby will ever outgrow Disney/SeaWorld Parks. He loves them. I hope Onyx gets to come home today

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been like 30 yrs since I have been to Disney and my son has never been, too expensive. ANYWAYS--keeping you in prayer. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear that Onyx is going to be ok. Poor little guy.... gonna have to take meds just like his human counterparts.
    I hope the audit goes smoothly after the long days of preparation. You take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because it's hot, I'd probably go for the ice-cream. One of my favourite films about Italy is 'Vacation in Rome' with Audrey Hepburn. When we went to Rome, we tried to visit all the places in the film.
    Hope Onyx doesn't need to see the vet again for a while. Poor baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Living that close to Disney likely brings you lots of company. :) Our son and family plan to go in December, but it's not really my favorite kind of vacation. Not relaxing at all. :) Thanks for stopping by, and happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I try hard to keep calm but that is often easier said then done! I think Under the Tuscan Sun wins today. I was recently at Downtown Disney but sadly most of it is currently under construction. I know your happy to have Onyx home :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most people chose pizza, i know its hard to choose just one! I am not a big fan of some of the cheeses they put on pizza but my favorites are from California Pizza Kitchen or Costco. I like anything with pesto! Anyhow hope you're having a great week. I like your #1 ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh and I hope your cat will be ok!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad Onyx came home today. I'm happy for him and you!
    I'd choose pasta too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved the part about "when company comes and they want to go [to Disneyworld] we tell them what exit to get off of I-4" LOL (I'd do the same thing!)

    So glad to hear that Onyx is coming home :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so thankful for Onyx coming home. This is awesome news.
    I enjoyed your answers today. You have made me hungry for Pasta and Pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Let's go have pasta and talk about Under the Tuscan Sun ( and Outlander). So glad Onyx gets to come home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad your cat was able to come home! When you live in an area filled with tourist attractions, after a while you have to direct your guests how to get there, and leave them to it. Enjoy your day...good luck with all the audit prep!

    ReplyDelete