Thursday, July 17, 2014

Throw Back Thursday....


I am still scanning photos. No rhyme or reason....

My Aunt Dot, and cousin Peggy.

My Uncle Bill and Dad (brothers) showing empty beer cans!

On the left is my Great Grandma Kelly. Not sure who is on the right.  I come from a long line of hefty women!

This is me with my Grandpa James. This photo was in his wallet when he died.
I was in my mid-20s when he passed away. I cried when Grandma gave it to me.

My mom and my Aunt Dot. 

My dear mother.

My mom, ready for a special dance at school.

My mom (again). She was 15 when this was taken. She told me, laughing, that she and her girlfriends took "glamor" shots of each other on the bed, one summer day. My mom's friends, from high school, remained close all through her life. They had a "card club" and got together once a month to play canasta. After we moved 60 miles away, they still all got together (with spouses) for holidays, and several of them came to her funeral. Lifelong friendships are so special.

My mom, Uncle Bob (little guy) with Grandma and Grandpa Cameron. The was a few years before they divorced.

This is an aerial view of my grandparents' farm, in Fayette County, Ohio.
My dad probably took the photo. He flew single engine planes when he was a young man.  The smaller farm to the left is where they lived when Dad was born.  I have many fond memories of this farm, even though they sold it and moved when I was around seven years old.


Thanks for taking this walk down memory lane with me!! Wishing you blessings on this Thursday!

12 comments:

  1. That picture of you with your Grandpa is so sweet! I also loved the ones of your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures all but tell a story of your life. Thanks for sharing today. Our past is what makes us who we are today and what we are. Have a good TBT! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the glamour shot!!!! And the empty beer can photo could very well be my two older brothers. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing your pics. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing your pictures. Thanks for the smiles. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved seeing all of your photos. I like all of them, especially the one of your mother on the bed. It reminds me of a selfie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful photos, Terri! You were obviously very special to your grandpa James. Don't you just love the glamour shots. I wish I had more photos of my parents when they were young. These are precious. And I don't envy you doing all that scanning and filling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was your mother tall? I know you've said you're tall and your mother's legs look very long in the swimsuit glamor shot. I like the one of your mom in her special dress for a dance too - the dress looks pretty. I also love the name Dot - so old-fashioned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots, Terri. So Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWW, you and grandpa!! I love how he carried it in his wallet. Great pics of your mom, especially love the "glamour shot", what a fun story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such great memories! I love the one with you and your grandpa! And I think you look so much like your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was like a slice of American Pie.

    ReplyDelete