Here are the questions and my answers for this week:
1. Share one way you think the world has changed for the better since you were
a kid? Advances
in medical care have changed the world!
I am old(er), so have seen lots of changes, and unfortunately many of them
have not been for the good of the world.
2. How 'bout one way it's changed for the worse? The loss of the ‘traditional’ family unit. There is something to be said for gathering at the table as a family for dinner, and starting with grace. Families are too busy these days, and something very important has been lost to all the hurry and stress.
3. Starlight, starfish, starling, Starbucks...your favorite 'star'? Well, lately I would have to say that STARchy is my favorite ‘star’ word. I have been craving pasta, potatoes, and eating way too much bread. Starchy carbs…..
4. Name a song that's overplayed, but you love it anyway. I listen to Spotify at work, and there are rarely songs played twice during the day, and in the car I listen to an oldies station that overplays Beatles songs. I have never been a Beatles fan, but do seem to know all the words to most of their songs and catch myself singing along, anyway.
5. When did you last have home made ice cream? Your latest favorite flavor? We have an electric ice cream machine, but it has been a few months since I bought the heavy cream to make some of that cold, delicious treat. My favorite flavor of ice cream is just plain old chocolate. My favorite store-bought delight is a frozen yogurt we get at Publix, called Espresso Chip (as in chocolate chip!). Yum.
6. What do you think is the best way to inspire or motivate people? Inspire people by your own actions, and motivate them with encouragement. How you encourage really depends on the person and situation, but most of us just need a little push forward sometimes, from a trusted friend or family member.
7. When was the last time you were without power? Two months ago, the electric company was installing new somethings in the neighborhood. The power was out for about three hours. Back in 2004, when three hurricanes blew through almost back-to-back, we were without power for three days. We now have a generator in the garage!
8. Insert your own random thought here. On Monday, I reported that I was “weary”. I am happy to say that the weariness has gone and I am feeling much better. I would love, though, to just be able to replace a battery, or plug in somewhere, to recharge my get-up-and-go!! Know what I mean?
2. How 'bout one way it's changed for the worse? The loss of the ‘traditional’ family unit. There is something to be said for gathering at the table as a family for dinner, and starting with grace. Families are too busy these days, and something very important has been lost to all the hurry and stress.
3. Starlight, starfish, starling, Starbucks...your favorite 'star'? Well, lately I would have to say that STARchy is my favorite ‘star’ word. I have been craving pasta, potatoes, and eating way too much bread. Starchy carbs…..
4. Name a song that's overplayed, but you love it anyway. I listen to Spotify at work, and there are rarely songs played twice during the day, and in the car I listen to an oldies station that overplays Beatles songs. I have never been a Beatles fan, but do seem to know all the words to most of their songs and catch myself singing along, anyway.
5. When did you last have home made ice cream? Your latest favorite flavor? We have an electric ice cream machine, but it has been a few months since I bought the heavy cream to make some of that cold, delicious treat. My favorite flavor of ice cream is just plain old chocolate. My favorite store-bought delight is a frozen yogurt we get at Publix, called Espresso Chip (as in chocolate chip!). Yum.
6. What do you think is the best way to inspire or motivate people? Inspire people by your own actions, and motivate them with encouragement. How you encourage really depends on the person and situation, but most of us just need a little push forward sometimes, from a trusted friend or family member.
7. When was the last time you were without power? Two months ago, the electric company was installing new somethings in the neighborhood. The power was out for about three hours. Back in 2004, when three hurricanes blew through almost back-to-back, we were without power for three days. We now have a generator in the garage!
8. Insert your own random thought here. On Monday, I reported that I was “weary”. I am happy to say that the weariness has gone and I am feeling much better. I would love, though, to just be able to replace a battery, or plug in somewhere, to recharge my get-up-and-go!! Know what I mean?
Wishing everyone a great "hump day"! Downhill to the weekend, now. Thanks for stopping by! Peace, love & hugs.

After reading the HP's today, I'm really wishing we still had our ice cream freezer. We got rid of it when we moved overseas, and never bought another. Happy Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteCheck Amazon, that's where I found ours. Best place to get the best price!
DeleteI haven't made ice cream in a few years. I will have to dig it out and make some soon
ReplyDeleteLet us know what kind you make! Please share your recipe.
DeleteI agree that things have changed drastically since I was a youngster...some good, some not so good. The kids gave us the electric ice cream maker for Christmas and we are enjoying the yummy, fattening stuff more often than we should. I am with you as to plugging in something to get our energy level back up. Have a great Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteI love our electric ice cream machine! Yum.
DeleteI agree on the erosion of the family unit. So sad it's more common than not in most households that dinner time is a drive thru or grazing from the microwave. Glad the weariness is gone for you. Mine is still lingering. I could use prayer. And exercise.
ReplyDeleteHappy to pray for you, Zoanna. Count on it!
DeleteI love your answer to number 6 and think number 8 is a fantastic idea. Maybe science will put number 8 in practice one day. Funnily enough I was a Beatle fan, but don't often listen to them.
ReplyDeleteThe Beatles hit when I was in 5th or 6th grade. I was crazy about them for about 3 years. Then I heard the Rolling Stones. Ahhhhh.
DeleteI like your hodgepodge answers today, as always. I have to agree on many of the things you mentioned. The loss of the family unit is so sad. Too many children will never know the benefits, pleasure and stability that we had.
ReplyDeleteSo true, Carol, and very sad (to me).
DeleteEspresso chip??? Good grief, does that ever sound good! :-) And I agree that it is so sad to see so few intact families these days.
ReplyDeleteSingle parent families are the norm these days, but they can still find time to sit down together for a meal and enjoy family time, no matter if it is two or ten. It's that family time, away from craziness, TV, cell phones, computers, etc. Look at each other. Talk to each other. Hold hands and pray together. Take time to be together.
DeleteHi I do too eat a lot of potatoes and pasta! Hard to resist! ;)
ReplyDeleteYes, they sure are!
DeleteI forgot to write about I hate the family unit being gone. It is so sad that the family lives so far away from one another. I miss our son in Ohio. sandie
ReplyDeleteI agree, Sandie. I grew up with aunts and uncles and cousins all around. It was easy to have 40 people for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I really, really miss that. Really.
Deletemy answer for #1 as well there have been so many changes in health care that we can be very thankful
ReplyDeletecome see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com
Hi Angie. I will pop over and visit your site!
DeleteI splurged and had a chocolate ice cream today! We have had so many thunderstorms this summer, we are w/o power just about every night for a little while.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a restful night.
Mmm,mmmm, good on that chocolate ice cream!!
DeleteGreat post! I agree that society has lost the family structure that was so strong and important when we were growing up. Too many kids are being raised in broken homes and it has a trickle down effect. I want an ice cream maker! Yum!
ReplyDelete