Sunday, January 20, 2013

Weekend Winding Down...



If it is Sunday night, you can bet I'm sitting here waiting for Downton Abbey to start!  Joe has the football game on, but he is taping it so we can switch over when it's time.  He likes the Abbey as much as I do.  There was an interesting segment on "Sunday Morning" today, all about the real Downton Abbey and the current owners.  They get 1,200 people a day, going through the 'house', thanks to the series.  It is saving their home.  That's a good thing, because its history is certainly worth preserving.

My last load of laundry is in the dryer.  The clean sheets are already on the bed.  For what was to be a lazy day, I did get a good bit done today.  I also made a freezer of home made ice cream.  It is not on the diet, but if I figure the calories into my day, it feels good to have something creamy and good.  There really is a difference between home made and what you buy in the store.  I did not lose this week, though. Sigh.  Sure wish I could just talk myself skinny! 

I mentioned on Facebook, yesterday, that we finally got our Christmas decorations back up into the attic.  They have been sitting in the garage, because Joe got sick and my knees have put me out of commission.  It is nice to be able to walk through the garage again, without dodging tubs of decorations.  Here is a photo, though keep in mind that I did not empty all the boxes this year.  Seems I put out less and less each year, but all the boxes came down, and all had to go back up.


My sister, Patti, called this morning.  My niece, Kelly, graduates from high school this spring, and they finally have a date for us.  It will be Friday, May 24th.  That is Memorial Day weekend, so I will save a vacation day.  Of course, traffic will probably be worse, but no matter.  Our granddaughter, Lauren, will graduate from college this spring, too.  Not sure about the date for hers.  We will have to try to work it all out.

I am having lunch with my friends, Helen and Cheryl, tomorrow.  Looking forward to that.  Tuesday is our Board meeting.  I'm always happy to put that behind us.  Wishing you all a pleasant sleep and a good Monday!!  Peace, love & hugs!



15 comments:

  1. Oh the ice cream sounds delicious to me. Enjoy your show and I hope the week ahead goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have boxes of decorations like you have, but also like you, I've been doing less and less each year. We rare down to 1 tub and the tree box.
    That's interesting about the abbey. I watched the show a couple weeks ago but I couldn't get into it. Maybe because I didn't know what they were talking about.
    You have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home made ice cream....it has been years but it was worth the effort. Personally I would like to lose weight by blogging. Maybe if we had to type with our butts, we would lose. I had the flu and gained a pound and a half. I always tend to feed a sickness trying to get my strength back. My father used to joke about it. My friend lost 3 pounds. Life isn't fair sometimes. My husband says I am like some of his range horses....good keepers. They come through the winter just fine while others are bones. That's me. 'a good keeper' not as a wife but for not needing a lot of food to stay fat...sigh. A friend brought me a folder of 3 Downtown Abbey CD from the first lot. I tried to watch, love British humour and royalty and customs, but just can't do soap operas. I don't know why. Any kind of soap opera makes me want to slap the bullies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sprained my leg a couple of weeks before Christmas; therefore, I didn't do any decorating this year. Luckily, I had already made, bought, and wrapped our Christmas presents. We were invited to our son, Paul's home for Christmas dinner, and I had promised to cook the Turkey and make a dressing to bring with us. I got up onto my feet, gritted my teeth, and spent Christmas eve, and Christmas morning cooking. Then, I suffered with throbing pain in my left knee and thigh through the night.


    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading your comment about talking yourself skinny reminds me of a cartoon I saw years ago in which a man said he was uploading his fat to the internet. I suppose your weather has warmed up some for your ice-cream. It's too cold here for that.

    Hope you have a good Monday. How I hate any type of meeting unless it's social. They're always so boring that I switch off or are shouting matches like our homeowners' meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure got a lot done this weekend, but it has to feel good. Homemade ice cream sounds yummy. I usually like the same tv programs you do, but Downton Abbey is one I cant seem to get into. Are you all closed today for holiday? Enjoy lunch with friends no matter yay or nay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't get this holiday off, Linda. We can use a floating holiday, if we want. We give up MLK and Veterans Day for an extra day at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

      Delete
  7. I didn't use my ice cream maker at all this past year. I'm not sure why. I think I forgot I had it. lol Enjoy your ice cream

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've had a busy weekend. Oh my homemade icecream sounds so great . You are the second of my friends to post about making homemade icecream in the last couple days I want some! Have a blessed week !

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a full and busy weekend. I haven't had homemade ice cream in years...absolutely love it. I bet it tasted soooo good. Bet you were glad to finally get the decorations up in the attic. Graduations are always bitter sweet to me. I enjoy very much seeing members of my family graduate though. I am sure you will get it all worked out for both graduations. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every year I want to organize our decorations better and never get around to it. I have tubs of stuff we never put up that I should purge.

    Planning for spring must give you something to look forward to! I'm anxious for spring to get here as well because I've been told I should be feeling much better by then. I'm looking forward to getting back outside. I've got a good case of cabin fever brewing.

    I've enjoyed making homemade ice cream, but I think my favorite recipe for using my ice cream maker is strawberry sorbet. Down in FL I bet you've got strawberries or they will be ready soon, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, yes, it is almost strawberry season. I would love to have your sorbet recipe! Will you share it?

      Delete
  11. Mmmm..homemade ice cream sound so good! I bet it felt great getting the Christmas decorations all boxed up and back in the attic! Have a great week, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny how everyone in Merika seems to love Downton Abbey. I have never seen it. Sort of wish now that I had but I hate getting too involved in TV because then I get hooked and it takes too much time and I end up reading my book at 3am!

    Do you have an ice cream maker or do you do it yourself. It is one thing that I have never had a go at. May be I will give it a go but I would have to do it myself as I do not have a machine.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete