Friday, December 12, 2025

December 12th: The Friday Focus (Wedding+)...

 


What a lovely week I have had!!

I will start back on Saturday.  I left Lakeland at 7:30 a.m. for the trip to Naples.  I was meeting with friends in Naples for the last part of my journey to Key Largo, for my granddaughter Lauren's wedding. 

 I arrived at Rob & Jenny's house around 11:30.  It was fun seeing them again, and I was happy to reconnect with their daughter, Skye, too.  She is in college now, but we connected when she was nine or ten years old.  Her brother, Brett, was my grandson Tristan's best friend during high school. They were around often when Joe and I were down there visiting.  I've known them all for many years.  


We arrived in Key Largo around 2:00.  Rob and Jenny are scuba divers and have many memories of dives in Key Largo, as far back as their dating years.  They were excited to see that many of the places they enjoyed visiting were still there and open for business.  We found the Playa Largo Resort and checked in, found our rooms, and I rested for a couple of hours.  My room was very nice, very comfortable, and even had a balcony!

The rehearsal and welcome dinner were to begin at 4:00.  I was escorted down the aisle by Lauren's stepfather, Jim, and was invited to participate in the rehearsal. 

Me, with grandson Tristan

Mother of the bride, Kathy, in pink, and stepdad, Jim


Kathy walked Lauren down the aisle.
My son, Joe, is Lauren and Tristan's dad, but there is some 
estrangement, and he wasn't invited to the wedding. 
The one sad part of the weekend.

Tristan stood up with Lauren, and Jeremy's brother stood up with him.

Tristan, Lauren, and Jeremy

The table decorations were beautiful, especially for a beach setting.


Grandma and Lauren

Tristan, Grandma (me), and Lauren

The sunset while we ate and mingled was breathtaking.



Rob and Jenny

Dinner was served buffet-style, and there was a whole pig and a whole grouper.
This was the grouper station.  It was all delicious!

There were fireworks to end the evening celebration!!



I will stop here for today.  I have lots more photos and lots of fun to share.  This might take three days.  I will also be including my week with my son Jeff and my birthday celebration. Check back tomorrow for the actual wedding!!

Thanks for getting this far!!

Peace and Hugs!

O Come, O Come, Immanuel

13 comments:

  1. So lovely!!! And you looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful set of pictures you shared, Terri! The rehearsal and welcome dinner looked wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful wedding and setting. A beautiful Grandma too!
    I'm so glad you were able to be there and enjoy that time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything and everyone was beautiful. I really enjoyed all the pics, especially the ones of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The perfect setting if I might say! Keep praying…He works on those things. Just takes time, but I am so glad you got to go and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have pulled my chair up to the grouper station : ). I love the flowers in the pineapples! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved each photo. I have never been to a beach wedding. Looks marvelous. I didn't know groupers were that big either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a beautiful wedding! I'm so glad you were able to go. I am sorry I didn't realize Joey wouldn't be there. Some things we don't always understand, but we pray for healing. I'm so glad you were such a big part of the wedding and that you had such a wonderful time with the family. It all looks really beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wow, wow! What a joy-full evening you experienced! Lauren has such a glow about her. I'm sorry Joey was absent, but having/living a similar family situation, I realize these things happen ... it's up to us to focus on what's Good and let go of what's not.
    Those flowers in the pineapple is a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how joy and love exude from your photos, Terri! What a privilege to be a part of your beautiful granddaughter's wedding - you look so lovely. Yes, I can understand the whole estrangement entanglement as we've had our share of that, too. Praying for forgiveness to win the day for both parties. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful pictures!! I really love the pineapple centerpieces! What a clever idea. Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely trip away seeing your friends and of course the wedding. How lovely to have it at a beach setting! What a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pics! I'm glad you had a wonderful time at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete