Thanks to Annie for today's Tuesday 4! You can click HERE to join the fun!
A Cozy Home
Hi Friends! It's another Toni Taddeo Tuesday 4.. even though I keep hitting the 5 when typing.
Here it is a chilly Sunday evening, and summer seems far off, but I hope your home is warm and cozy... Speaking of cozy, here are some questions about a cozy home.
- What’s one feature in your home that makes it feel especially cozy or comfortable for you? My entire home is cozy and comfortable, but my little "nest" with my recliner and in front of the TV, with laptop at hand, is "my space".
- How do you like to personalize your living space to reflect your style or personality? Joe and I chose the furniture and the art on the walls. It reflects both of us, and we both loved our home. I still do.
- Are there any home maintenance tasks you find particularly important for keeping your space comfortable year-round? I have annual and semi-annual services for the HVAC system, lawn pests and weeds, and a quarterly service to keep bugs away. This is Florida. I have a weekly lawn service, too. I don't have a cleaner anymore, but I sure wish I could afford it again.
- What’s your go-to way to unwind or create a relaxing atmosphere at home after a long day? I just chill in my recliner with my favorite TV shows on and my cats around me. I'm retired, so the days aren't so long anymore, and I am really good at relaxing!
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Hi Terri, I unwind and relax just like you do. Thank you so much for sharing, dear friend.
ReplyDeleteI also have my chair by the tv with my computer next to it. It's my cozy spot.
ReplyDeleteI've made myself a cleaning schedule so I just do a few things every day. It's not bad that way and it lets me keep up with it!
Someday I hope to visit your welcoming home! You are so good at practicing hospitality...that is truly a gift! And you are wise to have those regular maintenance tasks taken care of by professionals. It certainly helps to keep things running right, and also to keep those pests from running around! LOL. I know, I live in Florida too!
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing better than being comfortable and happy in your own home!
ReplyDeleteYou forgot to mention your two buddies that sleep on your lap on the recliners. lol Wish I could afford a house cleaning too!
ReplyDeleteLove this song, and especially these words, "Thou my best Thought, by day or by night...." which is the prescription for peace.
ReplyDeleteWe, too, have quarterly pest control and semi-annual HVAC check-ups ... necessary blessings! I sure wish we could justify a periodic professional house cleaning, but that's not in the cards. (First world problems, right? lol)
ReplyDeleteI've lived in far nicer homes, but none came close to the way I feel here within these 4 cozy walls. Blessed!
I want my home to be inviting and comfortable and not a show piece so it all is comfy but for the last 10 months, my bedroom is my own universe!
ReplyDeleteMy recliner is one of my favorite places too. Calling it a 'nest' is perfect!
ReplyDeleteIt's wonderful when you love your space. I love mine too. I just wish it wasn't quite so hard to keep it warm in winter. Enjoy the week.
ReplyDeleteThat is one of my favorite hymns! It feels so good to love your home, doesn't it? I love ours, too. Is that bedroom yours? or did it come with the questions? It looks like a comfy room in a farmhouse.
ReplyDeleteWow, I love that room in the picture. I feel like our home is pretty cozy too. When we're both here some evenings he always has the recliner and the TV. I usually have things to do here at the computer or at the piano.
ReplyDelete