Joyce is our Hodgepodge hostess! Thanks for the fun, Joyce! Join in HERE!
Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 596
1. No foolin'! April is here. What's one fun thing on your April calendar? This coming Tuesday, I am going down to Sebring, Florida, to see what Ben and Erin got up to doing Hometown Takeover!! It is just now on TV but was actually finished last year. I will have pictures!
2. It's often said, 'A fool and his money are soon parted'...what's the last thing you wasted money on? I asked myself that question yesterday. I have spent nearly $200 on a raised planting bed, potting soil, netting, stakes, and tomato plants. I wondered out loud on my way home from Lowe's how many tomatoes I could buy for that money. BUT, the outlay to get started is always more, and now I have a place to plant things I can eat. Home-grown always tastes better!! I have never been good at growing things. It is time to change that!! Wish me luck! I will have pictures for Friday Fotos.
3. April 2nd is National DIY day. Are you a do-it yourself kind of person or maybe you're married to one? If so, what's the last thing you DIY-ed. If you're not a DIY-er what's the most recent job you had to hire someone to complete? I am and always have been a DIYer. I am older (and wiser) now and have some limitations. I paid to have the guest bathroom and kitchen painted. I will do my own bathroom. I can use a little step stool in there, rather than the ladder. I'm not taking chances with safety these days. I did grow up in a DIY home and I even took a mixer apart once and fixed it, put it back together, and it worked!!
4. Do you eat lamb? If so, do you have a favorite dish that calls for lamb? I have eaten lamb and enjoy it, but it has been off my radar for years. When Joe and I were first married (1985), I did make lamb a few times. I don't really have a reason for not making it anymore. Hmmmm.
5. Do you fit a stereotype in some way? Explain. Gosh, I don't know. I am a typical firstborn, I guess. That includes the bad things, too!! You can Google it.
6. Insert your own random thought here. I have a hair appointment at noon today. It is just down the street and next to Target. I never think to visit Target but plan to pop in today and just see if I'm missing anything! It is so easy to just use Amazon when I need something.
This our hymn of grateful praise.


Good morning - hope you get a great haircut.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for your raised garden bed - I have always wanted one.
I do not eat lamb - unless I take that back it is in gyro meat. I think it is.
I'm excited for your trip to Sebring!
ReplyDeleteBob built a few raised beds for us, and it wasn't cheap even with him doing it. But the fresh tomatoes and herbs from them are wonderful!
I'm also a typical firstborn.
You will enjoy your tomatoes. It was about the only green thumb that worked for me!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to hear about your raised garden beds, Terri, and am looking forward to your photos of that and the remodeled house you plan to visit. Homegrown veggies always taste the best! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteGosh, I've not watched Ben and Erin in years ... that must change! My grandson-in-law's mom works for them (in the Laurel gift shop) and says they're really genuine, good folks. Good for you, taking on that raised garden and tomatoes. The thought's crossed my mind (briefly!), but we've too many scavengers, not to mention the threat of snakes.
ReplyDeleteYes, as your garden is built, planted, and grows, do share the progression of things. I hope your tomatoes are really good! I was never very successful with growing them, except for cherry tomatoes. But the problem with them was that very few ever made it into the house1 I snacked on them while weeding the garden and harvesting the beans!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your planting. Yes home grown tomatoes taste so much better.
ReplyDeleteHi Terri! It was fun to read your answers. I love garden fresh tomatoes and other things from my own garden. I hope your grow boxes work out well. Hope you had a good haircut and enjoyed browsing in Target. I haven't shopped at Target since we moved from Arizona in 2017. Have a good Thursday. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteAs always, I enjoyed your answers! I can't wait to see your photos!
ReplyDeletefun questions. I am definitely a DIYer but have had my wings clipped lately. Hope to be back to it soon. I have never had good luck at Target for shopping.
ReplyDeleteOh I love Ben and Erin. How fun to see their work in person! I will look forward to your pictures of that and the gardening as well. Have a great day Terri!
ReplyDeleteI don’t have cable or satellite TV, so I had to look into this Ben and Eric!
ReplyDeleteBeing a firstborn myself, I found that pretty relatable. Plus, it’s funny that my hair-cutting place is right next to Target too!
I used to love planting a vegetable garden, but our summers get so hot—around 105+ with no rain! It can be quite the challenge. I finally decided to give it a break, so now I enjoy driving to a local farm stand not too far from my house to pick up fresh produce. We might still get a token tomato plant here and there, but we've given up on growing corn, green beans, zucchini, tomatoes, and eggplant.
However, I have to say that growing broccoli was such a rewarding experience! I’d never had homegrown broccoli before, and it was absolutely delicious!
I really enjoy visiting Target! I usually pop in while I’m waiting for my haircut appointment to be called. The dollar spot right by the entrance is my favorite—it’s such a fun treasure hunt!