Saturday, April 16, 2022

Saturday 9...

 Thanks to Crazy Sam for today's questions!  Join in HERE.



This Is the Way the Bunny Hops

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so to speak. We encourage you to visit other participants' posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: This Is the Way the Bunny Hops
(From the archives)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) Why do you suppose there are so many songs about Santa Claus, yet very few about the Easter Bunny?  I've never thought about it.  Haven't a clue.

2) This song was written by The Kiboomers, two early education teachers who are passionate about the power of music to help kids learn. Tell us about a teacher who had an impact on your life.  Mrs. Everhart (2nd grade) liked me and I especially remember one show-and-tell when she encouraged me to show off my new glasses. I started wearing glasses in first grade. She helped build my confidence.  Don't know why that stuck with me, but it did.  And Mrs. Gablehouse (4th grade), whether she knew it or not, encouraged my handwriting.  I loved the way she made her capital G when she wrote her name on the blackboard. I practiced it over and over.  Silly the things our brains latch on to.

3) Legend has it that the Easter Bunny was introduced to America in the 1700s by German immigrants. These children waited for a magic creature who left colored eggs. Today's kids dye Easter eggs themselvesWhen did you most recently color eggs?  I've never colored eggs as an adult (that I remember) so it had to be 55 years ago, probably.

4) The Easter Bunny is usually shown carrying a wicker basket filled with eggs, toys, and candy. Is there any wicker in the room you're in right now?  There are a few baskets in the hallway on top of cupboards and the magazine holder at my feet is a Longaberger.

5) While marshmallow Peeps are manufactured all year round, they are most popular at Easter. Do you prefer the chicks or the bunnies?  Neither. Ick.

6) A little time in the microwave can do ugly things to a Peep. Have you ever nuked a PeepNope.
 
7) Would you prefer a hollow or a solid chocolate bunny?  Solid!!

8) A traditional American Easter dinner usually includes glazed ham or roast lamb. Which would you rather have as your main course?  I have prepared both but I think I (and we did) prefer ham.
 
9) Easter is considered the season of rebirth. What makes you feel refreshed or rejuvenated?  A good night's sleep and waking up on Saturday with nothing on the calendar!

Peace & hugs!

Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.


14 comments:

  1. I Love your memories of your teachers. I had such great teachers. Raised money for several scholarships in their honor. One teacher (4th and 6th grades) brought me her college books from home...I was an avid reader. She died recently at 100 years old...made an impact on me. When I was six, I decided I would be a teacher...loved first grade teacher..40 years later finished first degree and walked into a classroom...stopped teaching and/or substituting age 70...finished working on degrees age 66...love it...Happy Easter...glad you are enjoying your job also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy to forget the great impact teachers have on us.. especially the early years..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a great Social Studies/History teacher back in the 5th-6th grade, Mr. Potter. My folks did not like him ---only because he was African American---anyways Mr. Potter set me on a lifelong course of learning, smiles. He was such a nice man and very patient and loved to talk about History.

    ANYWAYS---the importance of such teachers and the impact they have on us is often forgotten. I hope you have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it wonderful to remember the good feelings you got from those teachers? The acceptance and the way they bolstered your self-image.
    I hope you have a blessed Easter. xo Diana
    ps. I love Peeps. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless the Encouragers! I totally agree about Peeps ... nasty things! Your bunny avatar is adorable. Happy Easter, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll never understand why Peeps are so popular, Terri. I don't even like looking at them! And give me the solid chocolate any day of the week.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a fan of peeps either. Yuck. I Loved your answers! Have a blessed Easter weekend. Leaving you with my favorite Easter song....Jesus Is Alive by Ron Kenoly.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF_Rl3JRfRU

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely agree with Number 9! I also agree that kids songs are great to help children and even adults learn and retain information.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lamb can be delicious when prepared well, but I'd still pick the ham nearly every time. No peeps for me, either. Yuck! Have a blessed and happy Easter, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I began wearing glasses in the 1st grade too and had no idea there were even leaves on trees until I got glasses. I was almost blind but didn't know it until my first grade teacher alerted my parents. I'm with you on the peeps. Have a most blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your answers. I love leg of lamb, and my grandma used to roast it ever Easter, but I haven't had it in years. The family isn't fond of it, so why spend so much money on something they probably won't eat. There used to be a restaurant where we could get it, "Holiday House", and so that was always my choice when we went there, but I don't think it exists anymore. The teacher I remember most was one of my 4th grade teachers, Mrs. Carr. (she came mid-year because the other one, Mrs. Hansel, moved away, and I liked her too). Anyway, Mrs. Carr encouraged my drawing abilities and allowed me to do most of the drawing on a huge mural we did that year, which had horses (my favorite thing to draw) and covered wagons, etc. I wish I had a picture of that mural. It probably would be funny to see today, but at the time I thought it was amazing. I used to draw a lot, but haven't drawn hardly a thing as an adult. There were no more Mrs. Carr's to encourage me. I hope you have a wonderful Easter tomorrow. Glad you are getting some rest today. You stay so busy, I don't know how you do it!! Of course, you are a year younger than me! That explains it. LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We aren't lamb eaters here and will be having ham.
    I started wearing glasses in 2nd grade.
    Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Peeps are yucky to me. I wont have any around to nuke
    I still remember my kindergaten teacher. I thought she was really old but she probably wasnt.She wore her hair in a beehive bun. I thought it was neat! I was so shy and she was nice to me and helped me feel more at ease. It was scary starting school but soon enough I enjoyed it.My second job which I started after high school was a waitress. Yes,little shy Cheryl waiting tables but I was fine whenI got used to it and I even waited on my kindergaten teacher and showed her my engagement ring. She sent me a wedding card!
    Have a blessed Easter my friend

    ReplyDelete
  14. Regarding Chocolae Bunnies, I prefer hollow milk chocolate.

    Yes, Jesus paid it all; all to Him I owe. Sin had left a crimson stain; He washed it white as snow.

    ReplyDelete