Wednesday, June 2, 2021

The Wednesday Hodgepodge!

 Thank you, Joyce, for today's Hodgepodge!  Fellow Hodgepodgers can join in HERE!

Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 422


From this Side of the Pond

1. Besides the flag, tell us about something red, something white, and something blue from your weekend.  Well, I got to meet blogging friend, Sparky (Pamela) and her husband, Steve, on Saturday night.  They brought me a gift that included a red, white, and blue ornament!!  How cute and how thoughtful!! I love it and the Bible study bookmark/pen holder.  Thank you, Pamela & Steve!

And here is the red, white, and blue state of Georgia
made by a local artist, Michelle Chapman.


2. June is here and it's National Give A Bunch of Balloons Month. Who would you give a bunch to if you could?  Tell us why.  Both of my sisters have birthdays this month.  Patti's was June 1st and Tammy's is June 5th.  Our son, Jeff, has a birthday on June 10th.  My niece, Sara, has a birthday on the 30th!  I would love to give them all a huge bunch of balloons!!

3. What are three adjectives you associate with the month of June?  Bright, Happy, and Hot.  Something you're looking forward to this month? Starting my new job on Friday (June 4th).

4. Tell us about a time (besides the obvious Corona answer) when you felt stuck in second gear.  The entire month of May while trying to sort out my employer's books.  I have never seen such a mess and felt like I would never get to cruise into 3rd gear and enjoy the ride.  I never did, but hopefully, my replacement will be able to make the shift and keep things smoothed out and correct going forward.

5. Sum up your May in fifteen words or less.  I learned QuickBooks the hard way but I learned QuickBooks!  The basics, anyway!

6. Insert your own random thought here.  For those of you who have been keeping my dear friend, Helen, on your prayer list, her nurse called me while I was driving home from Georgia yesterday to let me know that Helen is failing fast.  She is falling at least once a day and has become frailer.  We talked about Hospice care but she doesn't believe we are there yet but she is happy we had the conversation and will keep me posted.  

Peace & hugs!  Jesus loves us!




23 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about Helen and her frequent falls. That is so hard. Do they keep her in a wheelchair during the day? With Nanny, they had her up and out of bed and in her wheelchair all day, out in the dayroom where she could be seen. Of course she also went to all the activities throughout the day, but she was never left alone in her room where she could fall. Also, they put her on "Hospice" care probably a year before she died, because of something she had that was considered terminal, even though it isn't what eventually led to her death. (old age-95) But the designation of Hospice allowed for her to have extra attention by the Hospice care doctor and nurses. The head nurse at the Home said she was very fortunate to have that extra attention. So, it may still be something to look into because it does apparently help in her overall care. Just a thought from our experience. So happy you got to meet Pamela (Sparky) and Steve. And how thoughtful of them to give you a souvenir of Georgia to remember them by, as well as the Bible/pen holder. How very sweet! I love how you have managed to get around and meet so many of our blogging friends. You are such a dear friend to have from Florida! Praying for you as you begin your new job later this week. Hope it will be a lot more fun than the last little job!! Sure looks like it will be in a wonderful place! Will you be doing accounting work there as well? Whatever it is, just enjoy!! Have a great few more days of freedom until then. Praying for your sister Patti, and also wishing her and the others Happy June birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I have more experience with Hospice than a person should have. They are a wonderful organization and helped with my parents, my brother, and my grandmother. Helen will be well cared for if and when we decide to call in Hospice. She has lots of attention in memory care and we discussed a wheel chair. She would not stay in it without restraints and we don't want to do that right now. I appreciate your advice and your experience and always your prayers! xo

      Delete
  2. Isn't it fun to meet fellow bloggers? So glad to hear you had a good time. So sorry to hear about your friend, Helen. I'll keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Helen. That is such a hard situation.
    I learned Quickbooks the hard way too.
    Are you going to do bookkeeping at your new job?
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your friend Helen...don't want to butt in...but good to make sure she is not over medicated or interactions going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is only on a small dose to keep her calm since she was becoming very agitated and even violent. Watching that. Thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry about Helen...we are having similar issues...I shall refrain from furthur comment about my/our situation on your blog.

    I am looking forward to hearing more about your new job adventure, grin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Georgia ornament!! Poor Helen....getting old is hard. Hope you are liking your new job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new job starts Friday. I have these few days off!

      Delete
  7. Your Georgia ornament is precious. Praying for Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's odd to start on a Friday, isn't it. Perhaps it's more of an introduction kinda day where you'll learn all the ins-and-outs of the position. I hope it's a good job for you and they treat you kindly.
    Glad you liked the gifts. They are just little mementoes of the visit. It was fun, wasn't it?!
    Poor Helen. It happens to all of us. May the Lord be merciful and not let her suffer. My BFF's 96 year old dad is failing as I pen these words. It never gets easy to say goodbye to those we love, even though it's temporary. My deepest sympathies.
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, indeed, a fun evening and I love the mementoes!

      Delete
  9. That Georgia ornament is so cute!
    I'm sure sorry to hear of Helen's continued decline. Thank goodness for compassionate caregivers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to hear of Helen's frailty and hope they are able to keep her safe from further falls. I'm so glad you were able to meet a blog friend in person...one of these days we are gonna make it happen! Good luck with the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for letting us know about Helen. I know how hard it is when things keep getting worse. Hope your week goes well! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, poor Helen! It sounds like she and my mom are about in the same place right now. Yes, Terri, I'll keep Helen in my prayers.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Terry, I am so sorry to hear about your friend Helen. You have helped her so much, and I know you will miss her tremendously. How sweet to get to meet another blogger. I liked the gifts. I should’ve posted a meme about pickle ball. I will do that in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hope your new job goes well!! So very sorry to read about your friend Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry to hear about Helen. It's been a rough year for her.
    Praying that all goes well on Friday. I know they are blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Helen! She always looks so beautiful on pictures. I'm sad that these last days of her life are so rough.

    I'm really excited about your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun to meet a blogging friend. I've met a few over the years. Love the ornament. I am so sorry about your friend. Praying for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for meeting fellow bloggers!!! Good luck with the new job...sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

    ReplyDelete