Welcome to Whimsical Wednesday on Thursday!
There is no linky and there are no rules.
Check out the dress and then pick the shoes you like best.
Have fun. It's just a whimsical thing!
(Pictures from The Storybook of Dreams & Beauty)
Arlene Dahl wore this dress in the movie 'My Wild Irish Rose' in 1947.
I wonder which shoes she would have chosen to wear with this dress?
Shoe #1
Shoe #2
Shoe #3
My thoughts: I actually like all three shoes but I think I like #1 the best. I am sure glad we don't have to dress like that today, pretty as the dress is!! What are your thoughts?
----------------------------------------------------------
Today is also Thankful Thursday over at Knit By God's Hand where
Rebecca Jo links us to others counting their blessings today.
I am so blessed that we had such a great birthday celebration for Joe
over the weekend and got to see grandkids, Lauren & Tristan!!
Thank you, Jesus, for family and for another year with Joe!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for coming by today!






It is truly a lovely dress but it would be hard to navigate with that train, wouldn't it? (smile) I think she would wear shoe #1 because it looks more in keeping with that style of dress at the time.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I know from my daughter's professional dancing days that shoes with straps are really helpful on the ball room floor!
#3 for me
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
Oh, would you look at that wasp waist! Not my favorite, but think Shoe #3 looks most like 1947.
ReplyDeleteI choose shoe #1. It looks more like what would be worn during that time.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to go with shoe #1, too, Terri. What a great dress this is!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
I would choose one...love Ms Dahl as we share the same first name. Not many actresses named Arlene.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. I like #1, Terri. smiles
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Joe had a good birthday! And my first thought on this dress is...I can't breathe! heehee! Love the first pair of shoes though!
ReplyDeleteIt would be shoe #1 for me, too.
ReplyDelete#3.... :)
ReplyDeleteWell I think number 1 goes with the time period and dress. Oh my she was tiny!
ReplyDeleteI also chose shoe #1. I was thinking on the same line as you, I wouldn't want to dress like that every day!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful dress! Wouldn't it be fun to play dress-up in such pretty dresses (if we could fit into them, that is, lol). I am debating over shoes #1 and #3. I'm not fond of straps, but someone said they were better for dancing, so maybe #1 would be best. But I prefer a shoe I can get into without having to buckle and fiddle with it.
ReplyDelete