Friday, August 28, 2020

Friday Fotos...

 






Farm pictures from the ranch (Joe's client) are all I have (again) this week but they are from a different perspective.  My buddies, Doc and Pistol, were not in their usual pasture. They were in a walk-way where they could eat some 'premium' grass that runs between pastures. It also took me to the pasture with some of the goats.  


I had to duck under these bushes with the beautiful flowers and thorns to get to the horses.


Bottom center is a very blurry dragonfly on the branch, holding onto his lunch... a moth. 
He wasn't moving, even when I ducked under them.  

Pistol and Doc, anxious for their treats.


Goats!  I didn't feed them. Not enough carrots.


Guinea Hens... making a lot of noise!

Majesty

Vanna

Our beautiful Florida sky.

More goats...

More guineas...

That lovely view from the patio... notice the funky looking yellow flower at the base of the palm tree.

Here it is, up close.  Some kind of cactus/succulent.

It reminds me of the flower in The Little Shop of Horrors!

The cactus is growing up the palm.


We went out to dinner for Italian last night, with our neighbor/friends.  It was lots of fun and we had some good laughs.  Next week we go back to Miller's Ale House.  

Joe and I both have haircuts this afternoon. I am also going to do laundry, I think. Joe and I both have food leftover from last night so I will add a salad and dinner will be easy to prepare!

We are still praying for all those in the path of Hurricane Laura.


Thanks for your visit today! 
Peace & hugs!  God bless you!


18 comments:

  1. That flower is like the one in the movie. I always love these pictures because they are classic Florida that many don't think of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, many people think Florida is one big beach but there are many ranches in the center of the state... cattle, sugarcane, phosphate mines. You are so right!

      Delete
  2. I always love your farm pics. Why do they have so many goats? Goat milk for cheese?
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They used to have a lot more goats and did use them for milk and cheese and also meat. The ones they have left are separated and not used for breeding or milk. They are just keeping them comfortable for the rest of their lives. With the exception of the beef cattle, it is an assisted living ranch for animals!

      Delete
  3. Love the pictures of all the animals, especially the goats for some reason. lol Weird flower and yes it does look like the one on Little Shop of Horrors.

    We're going for Italian tonight with my husband's mom. Looking forward to that as we haven't done it in a long time.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics..... love the goats... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen a cactus growing on a tree, Terri. Those are great photos!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a night blooming cereus, and it only blooms at night. My parents had these growing up the pine trees in their back yard, and I can remember many a night going outside to see the flower blooming, because by morning it would be closed up again. They are a very special type of cactus. Loved all your pictures, but this one brought back happy memories. My sister Doris actually has one from our family home that is growing in her yard, and she had pictures of it blooming not too long ago on Facebook. Are you friends with my sister Doris? You might be able to see her flower pictures through me. She has LOTS of flower pictures! She has the green thumb in the family. Thanks for this today. Always a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not connected with Doris but will seek her out! I admire people who can grow plants and flowers. I am not one of them.

      Delete
  7. Gosh, it looks so peaceful there at the farm, smiles. Have a beautiful Friday, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful images! What a great eye you have, Terri! I sure think that first photo is frame-worthy. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures Terri. Y'all have a blessed weekend! Stay cool.
    Love xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What kind of camera do you have? You can't be using your cell.
    GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We used to have that same thorny flowering bush. I loved it, Mr D not so much because it got him every time he mowed. I enjoyed the pictures from the farm, Mr Goat looked like he was wanting a treat too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed the pictures from the farm and especially the cactus growing up the palm -weird.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The flowers are pretty and the one really does look like Little Shop of Horrors.
    I always like seeing the quails.

    ReplyDelete