Home Work
Welcome to another Tuesday 4 invented by Toni Taddeo and kept in
memory of her. Keeping a home is what this week's 'homework is all about. It can be fun and rewarding and an outlet for your
creativity.
1. Are you an impulse buyer or do you weigh the
value/cost/ necessity before you buy? I used to be an impulse buyer but we can't afford impulse buys anymore. We have to weigh the value and the necessity before making any purchases these days.
2. What do you really resent having to pay for? Cable TV.
3. Do you have favorite brands of household cleaners, detergents, soaps? No. Can you tell us why you like them? I buy what is on sale or Dollar General brands. Why pay $16 for laundry detergent when you can spend $5 at DG and it cleans as well as Tide? Maybe you will give us better ideas.
4. What is a typical day of housekeeping for you? I have to vacuum every day because of cat hair. I clean the bathrooms once a week or as needed. I dust when I can see dust. I clean more carefully when company is coming. LOL
2. What do you really resent having to pay for? Cable TV.
3. Do you have favorite brands of household cleaners, detergents, soaps? No. Can you tell us why you like them? I buy what is on sale or Dollar General brands. Why pay $16 for laundry detergent when you can spend $5 at DG and it cleans as well as Tide? Maybe you will give us better ideas.
4. What is a typical day of housekeeping for you? I have to vacuum every day because of cat hair. I clean the bathrooms once a week or as needed. I dust when I can see dust. I clean more carefully when company is coming. LOL
Please try to visit the link up to see who participated and then
visit their blogs. This is a great way to make new friends and frankly, it
makes people feel good to know their efforts aren't in vain. You can find Tuesday 4 by clicking HERE.
Thanks for your visit!!
Peace & hugs! God bless!!


I cannot buy like I used to either - have to be careful what I have lasts a month (SS)
ReplyDeleteI shop at the DG every week and buy things like cleaners, even coffee...it is cheaper there. Cleaning - oh my I do it when it needs it only. I having to do a lot of adjusting in everything.
I'm starting to think more about what I spend money on since going part-time, but it hasn't really sunk in just yet. I think I'm the only one who didn't say cable TV. Yes, my best cleaning happens when I know company is coming, it's quite the motivator! Have a blessed day, Terri!
ReplyDeleteUgh I hate paying the cable bill too. I don't impulse buy either.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
I can't use the generic brands, I have sensitive skin. I do like the dollar stores though, smiles. Have a great day Terri.
ReplyDeleteROFL, Terri! I'm the same way about cleaning when company's coming. I'm amazed how little dusting needs done (here in Alabama) v. Arizona. Literally, not an hour afterwards you could see dust in the air starting to collect. Some people compare Arizona to a giant kitty litter box. :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed your answers. I (like Linda) can't use generic brands. Both me and my husband
ReplyDeletehave sensitive skin. We don't have Cable TV, we have everything under Co-Mo Connect here. We save money by bundling these.
I am an impulse buyer...too easily influenced by adverstising. I am trying to do better.
ReplyDeleteCable TV - that's a good one. We remember the days of basic channels on a tv for free where all the shows used to be
ReplyDeleteI have the same issue with cat hair and I yes, I definitely clean WAY more if company is coming! HA HA!
ReplyDeleteI vacuum because of sand. I don't like paying for cable so much that I got rid of it and TV altogether. Just too expensive.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining and the tip about dollar general too!
I don't like the high price of cable either, but it is hubby's favorite thing. I like my Hallmark channel. Hubby teases me about my friends coming over because the house really gets clean! We have the Dollar Tree here and find things I can use cheaper.
ReplyDeleteLike you, Terri, I don't impulse buy; I always think long and hard before parting with my money. And have you tried YouTubeTV? It's cheaper than cable.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Yes, we have a Firestick and Roku but Joe has to have his sports...
DeleteWell I am back to your number one - I was just reading someone else's answers - and we have decided Amazon Prime is our addiction! lol
ReplyDeleteI clean about how you do. My house is spotless when I am going to have company and it is amazing what I can get done is a really short amount of time...however, if I am just cleaning to clean, I can't seem to get much done. Hahahahaha Loved your answers! Have a nice week.
ReplyDeletehttp://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
I hate paying the cable too. It's so expensive and just keeps going up.
ReplyDeleteI also clean more when company comes. It's a good thing they come sometimes so those extras get done! :)
Yes, cable is sooo costly. Our kids use Roku, Hulo, Fubo and all those that require a lot of tech ability as far as we're concerned. :o)) Impluse buying is not good and I am certainly guilty of it more than I care to admit. Have a great week Terri!
ReplyDelete#4 While I used to have a weekly routine for house cleaning, in the past few months I've resorted to more of an "as needed" schedule of cleaning. Like you, when company's coming, I do more.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed reading your answers. I have to be careful with laundry detergents as I am allergic to many of them. Blessings!
ReplyDelete