Monday, August 6, 2018

Weekend Recap on Monday...

Wow... another weekend has gone, with a brand new week ahead. 




I posted about our impromptu Thursday HERE so won't revisit our trip to Brandon and Portillo's.

Friday I had a package to mail and that started another little 'out-of-the-house-adventure'.  We went to a little post office in another part of town where there is never a line.  Got the package mailed and then decided to explore a little. We wandered around, going up and down some streets/roads that we hadn't traveled before just to see what we could see and where it would take us.  Have you ever done that?

We had yet another prescription to pick up at Publix.  By that time, it was lunchtime.  


Lakeland has a new Sonic that opened a few months ago. We have never been to Sonic, so off we went.  What a disappointment.  Joe ordered the Sonic Burger Combo and I ordered a Crispy Chicken Sandwich Combo.  His burger was cold and he said "tasteless".  My chicken was about an eighth of an inch thick (unlike that picture), was also cold and tough.  The potatoes and our iced teas were good but we won't go there again. There was a Sonic in Lakeland five or six years ago and it closed. Now I think I know why.  Is ours just bad? Do you like Sonic?


Saturday was my laundry day.  



We also went to the 4:00 Vigil Mass at St. Joe's.  




Sunday allowed us to sleep a little later than usual.  Maybe I should say the cats let us sleep a little later than usual...

We had plans to meet Al and Theresa for lunch at Glory Days.  This would be our second time eating there. It was good the second time too.  Joe, Theresa and I had the BBQ baby-back ribs.  Al had chicken fingers. I think we were all happy with our meals.  Al even had to take some of his home.




Do you have a Glory Days restaurant near you?  How is it?  

Al and Theresa stopped by later yesterday to bring Joe a pair of brand new cargo pants that Al ordered online.  They didn't fit him and they didn't want to return them.  They fit Joe just fine.  He is happy and loves cargo pants/shorts. Men don't carry purses, but they can sure fill those cargo pockets! LOL

We have a few appointments this week, but nothing today. Maybe we'll find another adventure.  Who knows?!


How was your weekend?  Thanks for your visit today!  Peace & hugs!!


20 comments:

  1. We have a Sonic close to us but I rarely go there...but we dont have a Glory Days. It is fun to drive around in an area that I am unfamiliar with, unless I get lost! lol
    We have no appointments today and the only activity is the physical therapist comes for Jim. It should be a quiet new week around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been rather quiet where you are. Not so quiet where I am though. Plenty happening as I relate on my Blog.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of the Glory Days restaurant but it sounds good. WE had a Sonic that opened a few years ago. I think it was open about a year-maybe two-before it closed. We did not have very good luck with their food, either. My SIL-from the south- loves the one in his area.

    I hope you have a great week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Sonic in these parts, we just now got a Taco Bell in our small town of nearly 10,000. Sonic use to be good, but not anymore from what I gather.

    Hope you have a beautiful day Terri. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri, I love exploring parts of the city that I am not familiar with...I always make sure to be able to retrace my steps. Our Sonic here is a good one...sorry your trip was disappointing. I have never heard of Glory Days cafes. Of course it would probably be in Huntsville and not here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What with GPS now, exploring can be a lot more fun..easier to take the "Road less Travelled" and not worry about how I got from here to there and back again

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love going on adventures...on roads I've never been on before! You just never know what you'll see. I worked at a Sonic when I was a teenager and the food was wonderful. I hate to hear they aren't as good now...especially if it is new! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our Sonic closed. It was only open a year or two. We only went there once. Food was pricey. I doubt I would go to another one.

    I never heard of Glory Days.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Food is definitely not quality at Sonic.
    We did not start exploring roads until retirement. Guess we didn't feel there was time before that. We can pretty much figure out where we are but if not - - - there is Siri GPS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its always fun to travel new roads!! We don't have sonic here,, at least not in our Canadian town, I always hear people talking about In and Out burgers in the U.S, I wonder if they are good?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr D and I 'wander' around all the time, always looking for something new. We do have a Sonic here and it must be good because it stays busy. Sometimes the managers of these type of chains make them successful or not. Apparently that Sonic had an 'or not' manager. lol We don't have a Glory Days Restaurant around here, not that I know of anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been to a Sonic … maybe those 'two-guys' commercials were a turn off? Thanks for the warning; what a crashing disappointment!

    Love the thought of an impromptu drive-about! Already, we've gotten in the habit of visiting the same places. Even if every once in a while, that sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never ate at Sonic either - we had one in town & everyone always talked about their shakes? But they went out of business in like 2 years. Maybe their food isn't all its cracked up to be everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to pick up Sonic burgers for Jay back in the day. He went back and forth between them and Whataburger. I swear his car automatically drove into whataburger when we first met. The kids like the slushes at Sonic. We do not have a GloryDays here. I'm glad you all finally got a "happy meal" at last.
    Teri, I am looking forward to Wednesday. I really appreciate you doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is a Sonic 4 miles from me and one 3 miles in the other direction from me. One of them has good food, the other one not so good on some items. Both of them stay very busy but I rarely go to either of them. I think they are pricey for the food they serve. I have never heard of Glory Days restaurant and know that there is not one anywhere near me. If you find another adventure I hope it is a great one. Have a blessed and wonderful week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes to the cargo shorts. Beloved wears them every day except Sunday mornings when we go to church!

    Sonic- we've never been but their commercials make the food look good. With your report, we'll just go someplace else!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was never crazy over Sonic. We don't have one up here and I don't miss it at all.

    Yes, Dick LOVES his cargo shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. No Sonic or Glory Days near us.
    Nice that Joe inherited those cargo pants. Bob likes them too.
    It was good of the cats to let you sleep in!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a good weekend apart from the Sonic experience. We don't have sonic or glory days here. Yep cargo pants with lots of pockets are very handy. Especially when gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, Sonic stinks. Don't know how they stay in business. Glad the rest of your weekend was fun, Terri. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete