I make no apologies for re-posting photos of my dad for this Father's Day weekend. I was around five months old (or so) in this picture with my sweet daddy.
If you notice an ornery smile, you got it right. My dad was FUN and loved to show off and make people laugh. Lost him much too soon (December 1989) to the evil cancer. He was only 63. I miss him every day, but know he is directing Angels and helping to protect his family from Heaven. I feel his presence often!
---------------------------------
If you have been reading my blogs for awhile, you will remember that we were hoping to go to Barbados (this week) with a whole bunch of D'Orsaneos, for a fun island reunion/vacation. We decided going out of the country with Joe's health issues was probably not a good idea, so we opted out (and are going to Folly Beach next week instead). Our son, Jeff, was able to go and we are so happy he is there with his cousins having a great time!!
This picture was posted on Facebook this week. There are about a dozen nieces and nephews missing, who also couldn't go, but this is a good showing for the D'Orsaneo side of the family. Our Jeff is standing far left (no tan yet and with a drink in his hand). Our niece, Nikki, is married to Dimitri, who is from Barbados. This vacation was so more of his family could meet more of our family. They are all staying in a few Villas not far from the beach and I think some special events have been planned by Dimitri's family while everyone is there.
I know we are missing out on lots of fun, but this represents two younger generations of the family and they all have a lot more energy than we have!! We'll have fun hearing all the stories when they get back! Love these kids...each and every one of them!
Enjoy your weekend!! Thanks for your visit today. Peace & hugs.




It is sad you are not going, but your spirit will be with them I'm sure. Enjoy the weekend and I love your old photos.
ReplyDeleteThey look like their having fun...smiles...have a beautiful day, friend.
ReplyDeleteAlways love seeing pictures of your family Terri. My family wasnt big like yours and Joes, and I know it was and still is fun when you can be with them. Have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeleteEveryone looks like they are having a great time. Love that ornery smile on your dad. He (nearly) always made me happy....except for the time of the Hampster Incident :)
ReplyDeleteThat at least had a happy ending!! LOL
DeleteThat picture of you and your Dad is priceless...you favor your Dad and surely got your love for life from him. You're gonna have a ton of fun at Folly Beach....that's more my "speed", too. 😊 Thanks for linking up today...happy Friday...have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI have a picture of my Dad on my Facebook page and yo are right, they will never be forgotten!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great pictures of your dad. I love the way he is holding you as an infant. I also like the mischievous smile in the second photo. You look like him!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you and Joe couldn't make the trip to Barbados, but all things considered, we would have made the same decision you did.
Have a good weekend -- it's been a very hard week, and especially for Central Florida.
I love old pictures.. what memories they hold.
ReplyDelete... & I hate cancer. UGH!
let Joe recoup & recover & more trips & fun times will be ahead :)
I don't mind repeats at all. I totally understand the love and being sentimental about our dads. I am hoping to post several tomorrow of my dad and me. What a fun group of people. So wonderful to be part of a big family. Especially one that enjoys being together.
ReplyDeleteLove the picture of you and your dad! I've no longer any baby girls to buy for, but gosh I miss those bonnets.
ReplyDeleteYour father was a handsome fellow for sure. I HATE cancer.
Enjoyed the pictures of the younger generations! Looks like they are having fun. I just want to know, when did we become the older generation? lol Got here much too fast.
ReplyDelete