Let's try for Five on Friday...
- Some weeks fly by, and others just seem to last FOREVER! This has been one of those! Work has been nuts.
- I used Gorilla Glue to put the soles back on a favorite pair of shoes. Hoping the commercials are true and I can get another winter out of them! Have you ever done that?
- We are going up to our son's house, in Georgia, in mid-November. Looking forward to seeing their new place, in Brunswick, and then also seeing their get-away place in St. Augustine! It will be fun!!
- We're getting some work done outside. Some wood needs to be replaced in one spot, a fascia board has rotted out from moisture, and then we will get the outside painted. The painter is coming tomorrow to give us an estimate. Hoping we can do it.
- Did I mention that Joe fell last week, while working in the garage? He climbed up on his workbench and lost his balance. Sprained ankle, with a nasty cut, and two fractured ribs. He is lucky he didn't knock himself out or get impaled on something. He knows better!! I told him his guardian angel was watching over him. It could have been so much worse!
Have any of you been connected to a blogger named Mandi Morlan? She had her own photography business, blogged about her daughter Ava, and frequently posted her menu for the week ahead. I "met" her over on Multiply and then we were connected here. My blogging friend, Kris, found out that Mandi died last week, of a stroke. She was only 37. It's really hard to learn of things like this. Our friendships here are real friendships. We share so much. So very sad. Say a prayer for little Ava, if you would please.
Thanks for stopping by! Your comments are always appreciated! Peace & love.


I have never used Gorilla Glue.I hope it works for you.
ReplyDeleteOuch! on Joe's injuries. He is very lucky. Hope he heals fast.
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.
Gorilla Glue is my friend! I use it for most anything that needs gluing these days. Nothing else seems to hold as well. Have not tried it on shoes yet...probably will. Hope it works for you. No, you didnt tell us about Joe falling....thankful nothing broken, but I know he is sore. Was not a buddy with Mandi but sad to hear of her sudden death....so young and with her little girl to be without her mother.
ReplyDeleteSuch a tragedy about Mandi. I'm so sorry to hear this. Prayers for her little daughter. Also sorry that Joe fractured ribs. That is so painful and takes so long to heal. BTW we've had pretty good success with gorilla glue. Good luck. Hope you have a good weekend, Terri.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about your blogging friend. That is so sad. This week felt really long to me too. I said something to my hubs on Tuesday about the weekend, and he reminded me it was only Tuesday : ) Hope your hubs heals fast! Enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteI have used Gorilla Glue, I like it! Sounds like some awesome plans for November. So sorry to hear about Joe. I don't know what they are thinking doing stuff like that. Hope he feels better soon. That is so sad about Mandi. I didn't know her but I will pray for her family.
ReplyDeleteGorilla Glue is good stuff!
ReplyDeletePoor Joe! Rib fractures are very painful. Hope he heals quickly.
Sorry about the loss of your blogging friend. She was too young.
Just stopping by to say Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI suppose you know Gorilla glue is made in Cincinnati. My sister used her glue gun to glue the sole back on one of my sandals once.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know Mandi and didn't realise she was so young. A 21-year old suffered a heart attack when jogging yesterday. Thankfully he survived. I can't imagine losing my mother at such a young age.
Hope you really told Joe off, but I'm glad too he didn't do any serious damage. Think he's learned his lesson?
Heck no, Brenda. He'll be climbing around again as soon as he is healed. At least the doctor ordered him to take it easy for 5 weeks.
DeleteNow, that's scary!!! Lucky he only had minor injuries....silly man...next time I hope he'll know better. My goodness------to think of what could've been.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I have something that works WONDERS on shoe repair. You can buy it at any drug store [I think Wal Mart even carries it, not sure] ---it's called shoe goo and a bit expensive...but works like a charm on soles, heels, etc.
Thanks, Anni, for the info on shoe goo. I'll look for it, but so far the Gorilla Glue is holding.
DeleteI remember Mandi. We didn't connect here on blogger but I used to read her blogs on Multiply. That's so very sad.
ReplyDeleteI haven't tried gorilla glue yet, but if it holds up a gate in the fence, it should work on shoes.
I'm glad Joe is alright, considering what could have happened. His angel was definitely watching over him.
You both take care and no more climbing, Joe...........
So sorry to hear about Mandi and Joe, too! Give him our love and well-wishes.
ReplyDeleteHi Terri, This is Mildred, formerly of Blackberry Lane blog. I have been on a long break and have started a new blog this week.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry about Joe's fall. Broken ribs are so very painful. That is so sad about Mandi, even tho I did not know her. I had one blog friend to pass away and it left such an empty spot. I know you will enjoy the visit with your son. Have a nice evening.