Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday with Grandson & Puppies...


Well, we all slept late this morning, and had breakfast as we got up. Bagels, cereal, toast, and/or blueberry muffins (and coffee, of course).

The puppies take a lot of time and attention. I have cats because they are easy. I love dogs, too, but cats are easy.  It's like having a little child just starting to walk and get into everything....times two!

The boys went out and about, running a few errands off and on. It think they forgot things on purpose, so they could get in the car and go someplace again! LOL

I made pasta for dinner, with sausage & peppers on the side, cut up a big salad, and some good bread. I also baked sugar cookies today.  The first dozen out of the oven was gone by the time the next pan came out of the oven.  I guess they were a hit. It think there might be four or five left.

After dinner, Tristan got his guitar out and gave us a concert of sorts. He has only been taking lessons about a year, and is making good progress.

The dogs have gone to bed, with Darlene and Joey.  Tristan just said goodnight, and now all the cats are beginning to come out... good for them!

We had rain on and off all day today. Hoping for better weather tomorrow, so we can enjoy the pool.

Hope you have had a good day, and I wish you a good Sunday!  Peace, love & hugs.


12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day, even with rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, sounds like you had I a great day.

      Have you done anything about a new reader since google reader is disappearing on Monday? I am in a quandry.

      xo,

      Sheila

      Delete
    2. I switched to Feedly a few weeks ago. I like it okay.



      Delete
  2. I know you had a great time - but didn't realize that the puppies needed to be watched too. sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The puppies chew anything they can get into their mouths - carpet, doilies, cat toys, door jams, furniture. They are very destructive, so stay in a plastic pen that has been constructed. They go for a walk twice a day, and run around the pool first thing in the morning, then back into the playpen. It is working, but I feel bad for them (and the cats).

      Delete
  3. I'll bet the cats will be happy when those dogs have left, but maybe you'll miss them. Hope you enjoy the rest of their stay and can also enjoy the pool. My sister in Ohio was saying how nasty and humid it had been, but it rained and cooled things down. I hope they save me some cool weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice day. Dinner sounds yummy. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet Tristan enjoyed giving you a concert. So nice to have a willing audience. Since Bridger died, our cat is now enjoying the run of the house (except within a few feet of our blind and deaf dog), so I can picture your cats and their sense of freedom after the puppies went to bed. lol

    Have a blessed Lord's Day, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tristan is a nice looking young man. I can imagine he had a great time playing for all of you. Sounds like everyone (except the pups... LOL) are having a good time. Hope the weather turns nice so you can enjoy the pool.
    Have a great day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it was a good day for all! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a perfect day filled with sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have talked about getting another dog but I don't think we are up for raising another pup - - and don't want the commitment of walking a grown one twice a day either. I am glad you encouraged Tristan with the concert. Kids know that grandparents will give them unconditional love and support. It's one of the bonuses God gives them.

    ReplyDelete