I don't why I'm writing the day three times, but since I started it, I guess I'll finish the week like that! Who knows...
Do any of you buy shoes through Zappos? I've made a few purchases through them. I have to order my shoes most of the time, because I have a size 12 foot. My grandpa used to tell me that "...you can't build a castle on a foundation only built for a chicken coop..."! I will always remember that. I think I wore a size 9 shoe before I turned 10 years old! But, getting back to Zappos, they are a great company to deal with. Customer service is amazing. You don't pay return postage if you don't like the shoes, or they don't fit. You just slap on the enclosed label, and send them back. They carry lots of brands and have the best selection of bigger sizes that I've found. One of my friends/coworkers will order six pairs of shoes to try on, and she only keeps one or two pair. Zappos doesn't mind.
During the Leadership Forum a few weeks ago, one of the speakers was talking about the 'culture' of a company, and she highlighted Zappos as having a great culture. She mentioned that they do a Culture Book every year for/by the employees, and that they will send you one if you request it. I did just that, and it came today. It has given me some great ideas for something we can do here. They involve the employees and everyone buys into the image and the culture of the company. It's hard for me to express it briefly, but I am enlightened and motivated, just by seeing what they have done. Check them out, if you aren't familiar: http://www.zappos.com/ Powered by service. And they have more than shoes...clothing and accessories, too. I photographed the Culture Book that they sent to me (free!) (note that they are located in Las Vegas). It is almost an inch thick!
Okay, enough about that. Today has been a good day at work. Almost caught up and looking forward to lunch with my friends, Cindee and Shirley, tomorrow. I spoke with Helen earlier today, and she is doing better. She is starting to think ahead a little, and is just looking forward to getting the funeral over, and getting back home from Virginia. Our neighbors are gone through Sunday. Their granddaughter is graduating from the Navy boot camp (do they call it that in the Navy?). We're watching the house and taking care of their cats, Murphy and Millie.
I hope you are all having a good Thursday, Thursday, Thursday! Wishing you a good evening! Peace, love & hugs.


Pretty background - springy! I have never ordered from Zappos, but have heard of it. Glad you got caught up at work, and I know you will enjoy lunch tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI've never ordered shoes but sounds like Zappos has a great system in place!
ReplyDeleteI've ordered from Zappos before, they are a good company.
ReplyDeleteI wear a 5 and the stores hardly ever have anything in my size. Hmmm will have to look into Zappos. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteI've heard of Zappos but never ordered anything. I also have trouble buying shoes, so I usually don't mail order them. I have to try them on first. Not all 6½ are the same, if I can even find them in my size.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're getting all caught up at work. One less burden to carry.
I've been thinking of Helen too. My heart goes out to her.
Hope you have a great Friday, Friday, Friday. hehehe
I'm always happy to hear about a company that offers such good customer service. Unfortunately they're few and far between.
ReplyDeleteI am now officially on holiday for a week. I'll be looking in on a friend's cat too.