Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday Monday Monday....

The start of another week!  All kinds of possibilities, opportunities, and challenges to be met!

I am watching Dancing With The Stars tonight.  It is the one reality show that I really, really enjoy and hate to miss!

I don't think I have ever confessed about my purse habit.... I LOVE purses and have more than one person should have.  I change purses every couple of weeks, if not more often.  I have small ones, medium ones, big ones, and huge ones.  I carry way too much junk.  I've never weighed my purse, but I'm sure it is somewhere between 10 and 15 pounds.  Seriously.  Joe indulges me, bless his heart!

My blogging friend, Jilly, is an amazing seamstress and a very crafty woman.  Her work is for sale, but she also blogs http://pinkduchessofmorton.blogspot.com/2013/03/show-and-tell_18.html.  I fell in love with some fabric, with cats, that I saw on her site.  I asked her to make a purse for me, using the cat fabric for the trim.  It came last week, and I carried the purse all weekend.  I love it.  She does excellent work!  There are pockets inside, the lining is perfect!  I can recommend her work without hesitation!


 
The outside pocket holds my smart phone, perfectly.  Isn't it cute?!

Joe collects ties.  We used to have a deal - he got a new tie, I got a new purse.  LOL   Now, he doesn't wear ties anymore and has actually purged about half of his collection.  I need to thin things out soon!

I see the chiropractor tomorrow afternoon for the last time (for awhile, anyway).  This week needs to be a catch-up week for me.  I need to hit it head-on.

Wishing you a good week!!  Peace, love & hugs.

9 comments:

  1. Yes, Terri, that is darling! I love all the little cats. :-) I never used to carry a purse at all. Then when I started, I seem to carry half of what I own in it! :-) Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new purse; I have a similar collection...the color of the purse needs to match the outfit for me..lol Hope your Tuesday is good. We are headed to the doctor for Jim at 7:30. Will post the outcome when we get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to find one that I like and stick with it for a while. I've also been known to give the ones I no longer carry away too. I guess I don't like change. I love having lots of hats for the winter and necklaces too. I do agree that we carry way too much around. I'm half convinced they put invisible weights inside women's bags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a purse fan as well. I too need to thin out my collection. I should count how many I own...do you know how many you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I've never counted - would probably make me gasp. I'm sure it's over 25. Now I want to get them all out and count...and then purge!

      Delete
  5. I love your new purse. Mine is really heavy too. I carry everything with me. I only have a few though.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I should have said that none of mine are expensive. I shop sales and don't do Coach, etc. I'd have to carry one of those for three years!!

      Delete
  6. I like your new purse. It's cute. I'm also a purse fan. I've always carried one, started in high school, and I feel naked without one. I can carry the same one for months, then go on the prowl for a new one, which is always hard to find that exact one. I'm very picky. All my "stuff" needs to fit in it. Bob comments a lot on the weight I'm carrying on my shoulder, but I can say I'm prepared for most anything. :)
    I'm going to go check out Jilly's line of bags. Thank you for the web site.
    I hope you're having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jilly is very talented! I love the purse..so cute! I have never watched DWTS but I watched it this week. I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete