Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday, Monday....



Joe is feeling better this evening, as far as the cold goes, but - oh my - his face is so swollen from that infected gland.  It has 'grown' around his face and is causing him some real pain.  If it isn't better by Wednesday, he has to see the doctor again (my orders!).  I know the antibiotics take longer than a day to work, but poor baby is hurting.  The only thing I've ever seen that is even close to the swelling is mumps....but we know it is an infected saliva gland.  Whew!

Work was good, though!  I got most of my quarterly reports done today, and can now move on to W2s and 1099s.  I also have the December bank statements and financial reports to do, but I'll have a good productive week.  No worries.

Looking forward to our dinner party/wedding celebration on Saturday.  I need to get to Hobby Lobby some time this week for cake supplies.  I need a cake topper, and I need some colors.  Will also need some supplies from the grocery for the icing (yes, Crisco).  Decorator buttercream is made with Crisco, not butter.  I don't have clear vanilla anymore, so I am planning to make the icing a beige color.  My friend loves carnations.  It's been years since I tried to make icing flowers.  I'll have to practice a bit.  Roses are easier, and that may be what she gets!

My knee is feeling enough better that I am not hobbling/limping as bad.  I see the orthopedic doctor on Thursday.  My insurance company has turned down my appeal about the Synvisc, so I guess I will go ahead and start the Euflexa injections, too.  Grrrrrrr.  I'll keep an open mind, and hope that the Euflexa will work for me.  Not sure what he will say about my left knee and the torn meniscus.  I don't think he will suggest surgery....maybe Euflexa injections in it, too.  That needle is no fun, but will hopefully make a difference.

The week is off and running!  Thanks for checking in.  Peace, love & hugs.





10 comments:

  1. I have no trouble with getting needles if they are doing good stuff. Just don't ask me to do them to another person. On the other hand I never had trouble using a needle on a horse or cow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't watch, Karyn, but can endure. I used to give Joe's mom her insulin shots. When you have to do it, you do it.

      Delete
  2. Sounds so uncomfortable!!!
    Can you get to my blog again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH.. My Goodness.. so much hurting going on in your house... with your knee and his face...

    I have a friend in Reno,NV that has to take shots in her eye.. she is losing her sight.. and the shots are helping her to see.. I feel so bad,, with all the crap she has taken with her Dead Beat Husband,, she is finally going to leave him.. Only not till June.. Its just not soon enough .... She deserves better. And this is the worse Husband she has ever had....

    Hope your knee gets better...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope and pray that both you and Joe get some relief from your ailments.

    I remember making that icing, and I wouldn't imagine that adding vanilla would add that much colour to it - my homemade vanilla wouldn't I'm sure. One of my sisters used to make and sell cakes, so she'd know. Anyway, I know your cake will turn out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, I owned "The Wedding Cake" bakery years ago, and did cakes for a living. I haven't done one in years, so it will be fun for me to give it a try again.

      Delete
  5. Poor Joe, I feel so bad for him. Keep us posted about the swelling...is he in pain? Hate it that your couldnt get the Synvisc...Uncle Sam hasnt been through this or he would approve it. Seeing the picture of the injection makes me think of what I told my back dr.....I told him I had had shots in every other area of my body, knees included, why not just get one in my back - wide awake! lol Sending love and a hug this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I never knew you had owned a bakery and decorated cakes. You are a woman of so many talents.

    Ugh Poor Joe. Hope he feels better soon. Keep us posted on him and your knee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that sounds painful! Both Joe's saliva gland AND your knee. And that photo of the injection....yikes. But I hope it can bring you some relief.

    I'd love to see that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Joe is feeling better soon. Glad you're seeing some improvement...little by little.

    I admire anyone who can decorate cakes. I tried it once and wasn't good at it.

    ReplyDelete