Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday Night....



Whew!  It has been a crazy day and I am just getting to the computer.  

Woke up, made breakfast, and the new furniture was delivered 45 minutes earlier than they were supposed to be here.  The delivery window was 10:45 - 2:45.  They came at 10:00!  That was great, because I had to meet my friend (and barber) Teena, at 12:30.  We went to lunch, then to a beauty supply place that sells wholesale to licensed barbers, beauticians, etc.  I use products by DevaCurl, and they are quite pricey in the salons.  Teena has been getting them for me (her shop doesn't carry them for resale).  She invited me to go with her today, so I could "shop".  We had a good time.  

I got home just in time to get back into the car, pick up our friend, Al, and get to church.  After Mass, we went to the grocery for some things to take to my boss's house.  I know people were taking dinner things, so I picked up muffins and fresh fruit, for breakfast.  She has three friends staying with her, including the woman who introduced her to Harry, 20 years ago.  I'm glad she has her friends with her.  She is holding up well, at least for now.

After we left Claire's, we got some dinner and went back to Publix to pick up a few things for us.  Run, run, run.  But it is all good.

Red White & the Blues was a good time.  Pictures below.  Tomorrow is laundry and cleaning (as usual).  Hope you are having a good weekend!  Peace, love & hugs.

My co-workers, Sandy, Pal and my Joe. 


Selwyn Birchwood, the opening band.  He is really, really good.


Smokin' Joe Kubick and Bnois King.  They were LOUD, and we didn't enjoy
them as much as we did Selwyn Birchwood.



6 comments:

  1. Whew, I am tired just following you yesterday! lol I know you had a good time tho, and that is what counts. Hope you can rest and relax a little today. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you can watch TV in style. Hope you enjoy your new furniture for many years.
    May Claire receive xomfort and support from her friends and colleagues during this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you had a busy day. Glad you had a nice time at the event. What? no pics of new furniture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are still trying to rearrange - changed it three times already. When we figure it out, I'll take some photos!

      Delete
  4. Wow, lots of running around. Am interested in seeing your new things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure did have lots of running around to do! My prayers and thoughts are with your boss. That is wonderful that she has her friends there to support her during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete