Wednesday, October 29, 2025

October 29th: The Wednesday Hodgepodge...

 Thanks to Joyce for today's Hodgepodge!!  Y'all can join the fun by clicking HERE!

Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 626


From this Side of the Pond


1. Are you a risk taker? To what degree?  Kinda sorta.  Sometimes you know you just have to go for it.  I try to be smart about taking risks, so I will drag my feet until it feels okay to go for it.  Maybe that takes some of the risk away...

2. What's your favorite candy? Would you say you have a sweet tooth?  It is hard for me to resist toffee and caramel.  If one or both have a chocolate coating, it's even better.  I confess that Heath bars will sometimes jump into my grocery cart in the checkout line.  I do tend to gravitate to salty more often than sweet.

3. Somewhere you've been recently that had you a feeling 'like a kid in a candy store'?  It wasn't at the Nordstrom Rack that just opened down the street.  I was disappointed in it.  Can I just say it is when Amazon delivers a box at my front door?  LOL

4. What do you think is the most effective way to make a positive change in the world?  Honesty, trust, and respect.  And honoring God.  Pray.

5. Do you like surprises?  It depends.  I'm usually up for a fun surprise, but not one that costs a bunch of money - like a tire blowing out, or a car battery that stops working, or a broken appliance, etc.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  I'm off to Tampa again today, with Anne and Paul.  He is scheduled for several tests at Moffitt, so it will be a long day for them.  Prayers appreciated!

Peace and Hugs!

Jesus loves us, this I know!


10 comments:

  1. Praying for a safe journey with Paul and Anne today, and certainly none of those "surprises" we don't like to get. I also like the fun and happy surprises, and not the costly ones. We've had a few of those, and I hope there will be no more... Hmm, a "kid in a candy store" feeling...trying to think...probably just being on our trip to the mountains gave me that feeling, enjoying all the sights and beauty around us. The trip to the apple orchard store would've given me that feeling, except on that particular day there was a literal busload (maybe two or more busloads) of tourists there at the same time, and we couldn't even get to the stuff we wanted to see. I was happy to get my apples, apple butter, and apple cider donuts and get out of there alive! LOL. They have a lovely gift shop that I really wanted to look at, but couldn't even get to it for all the people! Oh well, it probably saved me some money! LOL. I hope you have a pleasant day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes sweets jump into my cart too : ) I feel the same about an Amazon delivery. Praying all goes well today for your friend. Have a good day Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Anne and Paul today.
    I love caramel and toffee too - and dark chocolate! I agree on those Amazon deliveries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for Anne and Paul ... and their driver, too! I'm not a big risk taker or fond of surprises. (What a fuddy-duddy!) The last time I felt like a kid in a candy store was Christmas browsing/shopping through the fun Etsy shops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers lifted for Anne and Paul, Terri! Drive safely, my friend. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a sensible approach to taking risks.
    Ohh! I love chocolate coated toffee. Yum!
    Good luck to Paul with the tests, I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying that Paul's tests reveal what needs to be known and that the doctors can treat it effectively. Peace for all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope Paul's tests come out okay.
    I am like you - I am sort of a risk taker sometimes.
    I haven't had a Heath Bar in a long time - but it does sound good.
    Honor God always and in all things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazon gets me too - especially during Prime days. It’s hard to resist a sale. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope all goes well in Tampa. And...isn't it amazing how things (like Heath bars) can just jump right in our carts?!?! "Where did that come from?" :)

    ReplyDelete