Thanks to Joyce for today's Hodgepodge!! You can be a Hodgepodger HERE!
Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 515
2. Cat nap-copycat-scaredy cat-curiosity killed the cat-cat got your tongue-like herding cats...which cat phrase applies to your life in some way currently? Cat got your tongue. Explain. None of those really apply but a couple of weeks ago, I was at a small dinner party and the conversation was lively and fun. I spoke up a couple of times but was cut off as another person interjected. I just listened after that and later someone actually said to me... Terri, you are being awfully quiet! I just laughed and said I was listening tonight. It was okay and certainly not important.
3. What's your favorite or most- often-made one-pot meal? I make a lot of one-pot meals now that it's just me for dinner but a favorite was also a favorite of Joe's. There isn't a name or a recipe. I just cut up cabbage, onions, bell peppers, and smoked sausage and cook them all in butter until the veggies are soft. Sometimes I add potatoes or tomatoes. Sometimes I had hot peppers or some Sriracha to it. I can eat on it for three days, usually. Yum.
4. What do you wish you'd placed in a time capsule fifteen years ago? $25,000.
5. Your favorite hour of the day? Tell us why. It depends on the day but I am always happy when 1:00 comes and I can leave work and come home. Bedtime is also a good time of day!! LOL
6. Insert your own random thought here. My boss has covid. I did a test when I got home and I'm negative. He said he doesn't have a fever but just a sore throat and feels bad. Five-day quarantine for him and my fingers crossed that no one else gets it... including me!
Prayers are still needed for my co-worker (CH) who lost his son in that horrid accident last week. Even worse, someone took his son's wallet, jewelry, and keys from the scene. The credit card was used at Walmart less than an hour after the accident. Who does that?

What is the world coming to is all I can say. Good luck with Covid. We are having another round here in my community.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated cat day to your sweet boys!
ReplyDeleteYour one pot meal sounds like a winner.
Praying you stay healthy! Also praying for your coworker is this loss. And what is wrong with whoever stole things from the scene? That is awful!
Some creep would do that - that is so sad.
ReplyDeleteI know you love your cats but I am a dog gal.
Your one pot meal sounds good and has given me a new ideal for dinner!
Garfield is a panic!
ReplyDeleteSorry, but I think those people who 'butted in' over your comment are soooo rude. I've had that happen a couple times. Important or not, yes. It stings.
Prayers, both for your boss and CH. I hope whoever was vile enough to steal his son's personal effects is found and apprehended. Please let us know!
Like you, when I get interrupted much at all, I just close my mouth and listen. Some people just need to feel they've been heard and don't realize others of us have that same need.
ReplyDeleteYour cabbage dish sounds good, healthy, and filling, let alone easy.
Your cats are beautiful! So sorry your boss is sick, but so glad you are not.
ReplyDeleteThis world is going to H*** in a handbasket, Terri. Who would do such a thing??? Praying for your co-worker and his family.
ReplyDeleteHope you don't get covid, and that your boss feels better soon!
Certainly hope you escape Covid. I know a few that have had it in recent months but none have been real sick. Perhaps it has lost some of it's potency. I'm not a cat person but your two sure are cute and I know they are a lot of company for you. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry about your co-worker's son . . .and you are right! Who would steal someone's stuff in that situation?? I hope you can avoid covid. I've had a bad asthma attack and was at the doctor last Friday. He said they had seen an uptick in cases here.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite cat joke is how with dogs we're the master, with cats we're staff. LOL
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about the loss of your co-workers son. How terrible.
We had the coronavirus a month ago. No biggy. Takes a couple of weeks to get over, like always.
Love From Steamy Gawga. (Is it Fall yet??!) :) xx