Wednesday, November 2, 2022

The Wednesday Hodgepodge...

Thanks to Joyce for today's Hodgepodge!!  You can be a Hodgepodger right HERE! 


Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 482


From this Side of the Pond

1. What about your upbringing are you most grateful for?  Two parents who loved each other and loved my siblings and me and brought us up as believers in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Love was never a question and we were encouraged to grow and blossom and be ourselves. Truly blessed.

2. What are two or three things that bring you comfort?  Jesus, my home, my family, and my friends.

3. Something beautiful you saw today? (or yesterday depending on when it is you're answering this question)  I am writing this on Tuesday night so "yesterday" I saw a beautiful blue sky on my way home from work.  I also saw gas prices around $3.15 a gallon which is also beautiful!  LOL

4. Have you ever used a typewriter?  Yes, indeed!  Tell us a memory associated with that.  I took typing in 9th grade and got an A in the class. I was typing around 70 words per minute.  Later in my working life, I took a typing test on an electric typewriter and did 93 wpm with minimum errors.  The computer has ruined my speed but I sure do like spell check!!  And no more carbon paper and whiteout!!  How's that for a memory?!!  Carbon paper and white out.

5. Something you are grateful for today.  My home, my church, my faith in Jesus, my job, my friends, my family, my pets, my car, my health... so blessed.  I am grateful each day for the time I had with Joe. I miss him somethin' awful but my life goes on and his memory is always with me.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  I have over 100 "followers" here but just a few die-hard friends who read my blogs each day and leave a comment. Thank you, my friends, who stick with me and don't get tired of me.  Your comments are so appreciated.  Thanks to those who read by email and do email me comments now and then. I've been doing this for 15 years now and I'm sure my drivel can be wearying.  It is for me, too, sometimes!! LOL  Just thanks!


Peace & hugs!
Ephesians 1:16
I do not cease to give thanks for you, 
remembering you in my prayers...







16 comments:

  1. Terri: Have you ever seen the cute bracelets that are made with typewriter keys they are adorable.

    Catherione

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog that I like the best is when you write about your week…also the past…I am late to blogs, so I don’t know your growing up story or your love story with Joe…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri, there's no drivel here, I love reading your blog. I bought my Camille a typewriter, a nice electric one, came in a case with the instruction manual, for twenty bucks. I was able to get spare ribbon from eBay. I love hearing her clacking away on that thing. I loved typing in high school, I was trained in word processing when it was brand spanking new.
    Your thankfulness is always good and refreshing. Thank you!
    Della

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and I always feel like we have so much in common...like the white out and carbon paper! lol I was really good at typing in high school too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, are you kidding me? A day without Terri's like a day without smiles.
    Seriously, my life would sure be poorer without my friends.

    93 wpm?!?! Wow. I sure remember that loathsome carbon paper and White-out. And having to change ribbons. Ugh. Then again, we didn't know any better.
    Wishing you more blue skies and blessings! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you ever do the mimeograph machine? It is the one where you put the plastic/vinyl type film over a drum cylinder that has sort of a felt or sponge underneath where the ink bleeds through the typing onto the paper to make the copies? And the machine that did the purple copies and smelled so good when it ran - - the chemical must have been like some things people sniff to get "high".
    I did those machines in high school. I worked in the office as a part-time paying job.
    Without all the details, I took personal typing in summer school in addition to world history - - which needed a higher grade on the NYS Regents exam for college. That typing class paid off in abundant ways. If it had been stock, I would be a billionaire that had more than enough to share with friends!
    Don't stop writing or get too tired of it. You are the friend we like to "talk to" each day!
    PS. I don't miss those corrections we did on the early typing either. They never did look neat. In the personal typing class, we took turns on the manual and "New" electric typewriters. And then - - - - a few years later when we got Selectric machines and could change the font by changing out the ball with the Letters - - - we thought we had "arrived" and were "big-time". We had no clue how much better electronics and computers would become. I don't think the younger generations realize how far we have come in those areas since they have always had most of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used a mimeograph machine but that smell in the classroom usually meant a pop quiz!!

      Delete
  7. I love your blog and it has become a favorite read of mine! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy visiting... it jogs my memory as well for remembering the past and encourages reflexion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't fishing for comments. Just appreciate those who do comment! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still enjoy blogging and reading blogs too. I'm glad you're still at it! I mentioned carbon paper too. You couldn't use it without getting some of the blue ink on your hands. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Because I know you and have read your blog so long - I know God gave you great parents because you are a wonderful Christian woman!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love to read your blog...you are usually the first one I look for! As for typing, etc., yes, I learned on a manual typewriter, and then electric. Yes, I hated those carbon copies and making corrections on them...whiteout...etc. And yes, I have used Mimeograph machines, ditto machines, etc. I was SO happy when we got our first copy machine... and then even happier when we finally got a real computer!! Typing has ruined my handwriting and spoiled me for writing things by hand, but I wouldn't go back now... I enjoyed your post as always. Great answers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could never tire of your blog, Terri. You always have such interesting things to share with us - never boring!
    And yes, I remember learning to type on an actual typewriter. At the time, I hated that class, but in later years, I realized what an invaluable gift our typing teacher gave us. I have thanked her countless times!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love reading your blog and count you as friend. I may be in and out for a bit as I'm on vacation. But I'll still be reading some. I'm catching up on what I've missed. Many of your answers would be mine too. I had such a blessed raising and it sounds like you did too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't always get time to read everyone's blogs but I do enjoy coming to yours when I can Terri and I definitely appreciate all your visits and comments on mine.

    ReplyDelete