Friday, November 25, 2022

Friday Fotos...

 


I have an excuse for no new photos... covid.  But I am much better and have gone to work today.  It is a holiday for everyone so I won't be spreading covid.  My quarantine ends after today, anyway.  I haven't seen Helen in two weeks and won't see her until toward the end of next week, just to be extra careful of everyone in her facility.  She has had her three boosters, too, but no one there needs to get this cold-like thing I've had all week.  I feel much, much better.  The coughing has subsided as has the congestion.  No fever and no flu-like symptoms.  Just a stupid cold that carries covid. I guess we just need to get used to it.

While sitting around, I dragged out a box of photos I hadn't been through yet.  I found some that I had been looking for and was happy to digitize them  Now you get to see them, too!!  LOL (sorry)  This isn't even half of them.  It was quite a day-long project!  Not in any order.


My dad at the fishing camp where we vacationed 
every summer when I was a kid.

Joe and me.  Not sure where but I love the photo.

Our childhood pet, Happy!!

Gr. Aunt Phemie, Gr. Aunt Emma, and my Granny (Leota)

Joe, his mom Julia, and me.
We were at a wedding.

My dad. An Army Veteran.

Bathing beauties... my cousin Peggy and me.

My BFF Elaine and her hubby and three boys
 (one of the guys had a friend there).

Joe with Lauren & Tristan
I think this was at Cypress Gardens.

ME!  I'm not sure where this was taken.

Easter.  Me, Patti, and Randy

My sister, Tammy.

Son Jeff with his VW Bug.
That was their house when Joe & I were dating.

Me, first day of first grade.

Joe and me sitting on the diving board at our pool.

Our cat, Amber, who loved to sit on the very end of the 
diving board.  Yes, she fell in a couple of times.

Me and Tammy at a wedding.

My handsome Joe.  We must have been over at the Cape.

My dad in front of half of his garden... it continued on by
that much again off to the right. The cornfield wasn't ours.

Granddaughter Lauren with Southern Belles at Cypress Gardens.
They were caroling (Christmas) and invited her to join in.

That's me on the end at the right.

The two of us are in front of Joe's office window.

We were gussied up for a wedding.

The Virginia snowstorm that was the last straw for us.
We moved to Florida the July after this!!

Most talented seniors... Terri and Mike
He is beside me in the concert picture above.

Speaking of talented...
That is our son Joey playing drums in his band called
Inside Out.  They were good enough to open for 
a few better known bands a few times and made two tapes (records).

And this is our son, Jeff, who is a really good juggler
and did birthday parties... Patches 

Joe's mom teaching my niece, Sara, how to make gnocchis.
Sara just had her first baby, Ezra.

If you made it this far and aren't yawning, bless you!!  
It was a lovely way to fill a quarantined day.


And so was this... Casper the Tank has
started cuddling with me!!

Peace & hugs!!
God is good!!


13 comments:

  1. Such beautiful memories, thank you for sharing. I am so glad to know you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at old photos! It's wonderful to have them to help with our memories. Glad you are feeling better! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful pictures and I'm glad you were able to get them digitized. I need to work on some of that too. I enjoyed seeing and hearing your memories. Hope you have a great day and I'm so glad to hear you are feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a little walk down memory lane! I was just saying the other day: I am a reformed skeptic: used to think online friends weren't REAL friends, but now I know better! I am so glad you are feeling better!!!
    Della

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mementos.. and glad you are well on your way to recovery. One of the blessings of Florida are the infusions.. One has to fight for them here and few are getting them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so loved the photos you shared here, Terri - great memories of younger days . . .
    When my brother and I were sorting through Mom's things after she passed, I let him take all the family photos with him so he could process them and give me some copies. He's been so busy, he hasn't gotten around to that yet. I sure hope he can send me some sooner than later.
    Blessings, and keep getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love family photos and certainly enjoyed all of yours. That is a great picture of you and Joe at the wedding. Enjoyed visiting with you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terri, these are all SO cool! I hope you had as much enjoyment compiling these as I did seeing them.
    Now I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Somehow, revisiting the times of our lives lends itself to the season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These were so much fun! Very thankful you found them and shared them with us. In spite of COVID, it was a productive week with the precious gift of discovering where these were stored.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed these pictures. It's fun to see you as a kid and those old pics of you and Joe are special. Kudos on getting the most talented award!
    Nice to see Casper cuddling. And I'm so happy you are good enough to go back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved all the pics. Love Casper, so glad he came to live with you and Vinny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 'Tis a season for memories. I enjoyed you pictures. You have a rich history, Terri!

    I'm so glad you are feeling better!!!!!

    Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to hear you are feeling better. Isn’t it fun to look back through old photos? I’ve been itching to do this at my mama’s house!

    ReplyDelete