Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Tuesday 4...

 Thanks to Annie for today's questions!  You can join in HERE!

Tuesday 4

Occupational Info









Let's talk about your job/former job.

1. What kinds of jobs have you had in life?  Other than high school summer jobs, I have done office work, accounting, human resources, etc.  Enjoy or not?  Yes, especially my 20 years at the art museum.

2.What duties did you perform on your job?  Give us a job description if you please.  Office and business management including accounting and operations... all that goes with that.

3. What training is required to do your type of job (and even a checker in a supermarket needs certain skills such as working well with people and being a bit technical.)  Knowledge of accounting principles, using a 10-key calculator, typing, people skills, organization skills...

4.Is there a dream job you'd like to have or would have loved to have? Tell us about it, won't you?  I had my dream job at Polk Museum of Art. So blessed by the people, the place, and the art. Wow.

Peace & hugs!  Jesus loves us!

Job update:  Well, the office is a mess, really. He fired the last woman after three months and after just five hours, I would say it was justified.  I hope he hangs in there with me while I try to learn his style, his business, the new software, etc. I was making collection calls on invoices that may or may not have been paid.  There are work orders that have been used as invoices.  Payments put in the bank and not recorded on the computer.  It really is a mess and he is not the business office kind of boss.  He is hands-on with the machinery, He kept telling me to just ask questions but he couldn't answer a few of them.  He needs me and I need the job.  I just hope he doesn't get frustrated with me as I try to get it sorted out. Pray for me!! 







16 comments:

  1. Wow! He DOES need you and I will pray that he sees how capable you are and gives you the chance to get things organized and flowing smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are perfect for this job! That reminds me of my last job at a certain big church, where the bookkeeper had made a big mess of things for 5 years, and I had to find all her mistakes and correct them while carrying on the daily duties of new bills, payroll, supervision of staff, yeah...I've been there and done that and it wasn't fun, but it certainly put my brain to work and it was probably good for me in the long run. You can do this. Just take it one day at a time, do what you can, and remember, "Rome wasn't built in a day", and neither was that mess you inherited. It will take some time to straighten it out, but you can do it, with God's help. I remember praying in my office every day for wisdom and strength to get that job done, and God definitely saw me through, and He will for you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh I had taken a job that the former employee left a mess. I feel for you and I know you can get it straightened out.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness,the person who had the job before you was only there three months. Your new boss is lucky to have found and hired you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow, Terri, it sounds like this guy is in dire need of your organizational skills! Yes, I'll be keeping you in prayer for success in sorting it all out. I have every confidence you can handle this.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my, it must be a mess! I've had temp assignments like that, where I would go in and "put out fires". You know, get them organized, up-to-date, etc. in their bookkeeping. I'm very organized. Loved doing that kind of thing. My problem is I get bored once everything is organized and I have to move on. Loved being a temp.
    Prayers that you'll all fit together like a hand in a glove and be very content.
    Proud of ya! Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh(!) on that mess you've inherited! Whether it's in the workplace or at home, disorder seriously messes with my psyche.
    Methinks if anyone can turn that office around, it's you. You go, girl!👏

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you are the perfect person to get things back on track. But what a shame it is in such a mess. We need businesses like this to succeed! I second it....you GO girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have loved working in a Museum -even in an office. Looks like your new boss needs you too. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying you will get it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh he needs you and I think he will see it soon. My mother ran the business side of things for many moons in her and my stepdad's small motors business. IT is a big job. Saying a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much for being able to read a book! Maybe that was the problem with the last one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was thinking the same thing as Bunkerville - no reading for a while! If he's smart he will stick with you and you will get things straightened out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I'd say that he is mighty lucky to have you and I feel sure he will give you time to sort thru the confusion and I'll join you in prayer to that end.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Forgive me for reading your recent blog posts in reverse order. But I still stand by what I said on your Wednesday Hodgepodge post -- you are the gal for the job! May the Lord give you special intuition as to what's been done so you can unravel the mess and set everything in order. You're a jewel of a find for this business and it's going to work out well for all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness that office sounds like a disaster! I was an office manager for many years before becoming ill and if this guy is any kind of a business owner then he'll know how valuable you are just by the questions you ask him.

    ReplyDelete