Thursday, February 11, 2021

Whimsical Fashion Fun 2021...

 

There isn't a linky and there aren't any rules.
Check out the gown and pick the right shoes to wear.
Have some fun.  It's just a whimsical thing!
Photos always from The Storybook of Dreams & Beauty.



There is no place I would ever need to wear a gown like this.  Red carpet-worthy and/or regal for sure.  I thought a little glamour was needed this week.  Count down 1-2-3 and tell us which shoes go best with the dress.  



My thoughts:  Oh my goodness, I love the color and can only dream about what it would be like to wear this gown. Wow.  As for the shoes, I couldn't wear any of them but for the model, I will go with the ankle bling and pair #1.  What are your thoughts?

-----------------------------------------------------

Update on our woes:  Joe tested positive for COVID yesterday at urgent care.  They wouldn't test me because I don't have any of the symptoms, even though I still have this head cold thing.  My cough is productive and I am blowing my nose.  COVID symptoms are dry cough and no mucus.  I haven't had a fever and Joe has had a low-grade fever for three days.  Anyway, they had me take him to the ER.  They weren't interested in testing me there, either.  We have to quarantine for 14 days.  They kept Joe overnight because of all his other problems. They just wanted to make sure he stays stable. The CT scan showed no pneumonia and no problems with his lungs.  We are blessed that our first vaccine is probably protecting both of us.  At urgent care, the PA did say that you can still get COVID, just not as bad (like the shingles vaccine and the flu vaccines). So Praise God.  He will come home today and we just get to continue with staying home (no going out for a couple of weeks). This we can do. Your prayers are always appreciated that he gets home today and that he won't get worse!!  Thank you!

UPDATE:  They will keep Joe another day because of congestive heart failure (fluid retention).  He sounds great on the phone. I took a bag of undies, his charger, and his reading glasses to the hospital. Had to leave them at the desk to be picked up by a nurse.  Put a love note in with his things since I can't visit with him on the COVID floor.  Hopefully, they will let him come home tomorrow. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------


Praising God!! Peace & hugs!!  Jesus loves you!


17 comments:

  1. I sure hate to hear about Joe having Covid and hope he doesnt get any sicker - he has a good nurse to care for him. Prayers for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the very best. Prayers as well for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 for me. Sorry to hear about Joe. We all got Covid after Christmas. It wasn't fun. Hope you both feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about Joe. Praying you both get a lot better.
    Such an elegant gown, I choose shoe #3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Joe are in my prayers for recovery.

    As for the shoes, #2 is a style too "edgy" for me. I like the simplicity of #3, but if I'm going to do any dancing, #1 is more practical with that ankle strap to hold the shoe on! Thanks for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pick three....just something simple with that dress! Hope Joe is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think shoe #1 is the classiest, goes with the dress, although #2 is very pretty. I am so sorry to hear about Joe. I hope it's a mild and uneventful next few weeks for you. I'm praying for you both!
    Della

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terri, you and Joe both will be in my prayers. It is odd that some get it and others don't. When Jeff got it -it was me that was sick, but I tested negative and then he was completely surprised that he had it. Take care, take lots of vitamin D. My wellness doctor said anytime you get sick double up on it for a few days.
    #3 on the shoes.
    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, dear, Terri! I will certainly keep Joe and you in my prayers for complete healing.
    Going with #3.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! Thank goodness you acted so promptly. Of course, I'm still praying. I'm going with shoes #3.

    ReplyDelete
  11. #3.
    So Joe got Covid after taking the shot? Do you know where he came in contact with it? I will pray that Joe gets better and that you DO NOT get it. Darn. I am so sorry. Glad they kept him though. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandie, we have no idea where the virus came from. We wear our masks and sanitize always. Who knows.

      Delete
  12. Oh Terri, I was just getting ready to comment on the beautiful dress and shoes #1 like you, when I read the rest of your post about Joe. I am SO sorry to hear that he has tested positive to Covid. That is very disturbing since you both just got the vaccine. Wow. Praying now for him to stay strong and not develop any worse symptoms. Praying he will come home tomorrow as hoped. Praying none of the rest of your friends, etc. will get it. This virus sure is sneaky and nasty. Prayers lifted. Please keep us posted. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks to everyone for the good thoughts and for your prayers! Much appreciated. He remains in good spirits and sounds good. Hoping he has a good night and the tests look good enough tomorrow for him to come home. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is an amazing dress! I agree on shoe number 1.
    So glad Joe is doing ok. I bet he enjoyed getting that love note. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear about this! Praying for you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete