The outpouring of love and prayers and kind thoughts from my wonderful family and amazing friends is overwhelming. I am running out of room to display the cards that keep arriving daily. Many are from my blogging friends here, for which I am so appreciative and grateful. I do feel the love here so thank you from my heart.
Friends continue to come by. Our former neighbors, Bob & Sharon (who moved to NC) were back in town for a doctor's appointment and they stopped in yesterday. So good to see them.
Our son, Joey arrived yesterday afternoon and is already working on his dad's client information. Such a load off my shoulders. My hope is that the file drawers will be empty and I won't have to give the CPA business another thought when Joey goes home.
Our youngest, Jeff and Kali arrive on Tuesday so I am looking forward to having both of our 'boys' here under the same roof for a few days. The Memorial Service has been finalized and will go smoothly. It will be live-streamed on our church's Facebook page if anyone wants to peek in on Thursday the 4th, at 2:00 pm.
https://www.facebook.com/redeemerlakeland
I am doing okay. My heart is broken and I'm not sure how anyone without faith can get through times like this. I rely on our wonderful Savior every minute and know that He is in control. I don't worry because I know this is all part of my life's plan and that it will all work out as it is supposed to. I am still here for a reason and this will all work out. I am still having my moments of tears but I'm not asking why. Someday I will understand. Until then... stay calm and carry on.
Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. Many have been through this and have walked this path I am now on. Your strength strengthens me.
PS: 2:30 pm. We did just get back from picking up Joe's ashes and the death certificates. It is all final and so real now, not that it wasn't before. Made arrangements while at the funeral home to have the ashes interred on Friday, the 5th. Still so hard to believe.

Hey, I just read the news and I am sorry to hear it. Sending good thoughts your way. I think you're right that faith can help you during this time!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you've got so much support at this time, Terri. Prayers and love for you will continue!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you have alot of help at this time. It can be so incredibly overwhelming for just ordinary things that need sorting, but a business on top of it all....well, I can't imagine. Bless Joey for helping you out this week. Keep hanging tough (I know you will). You're right...He does have you in His hands. Hugs...
ReplyDeleteI am glad you have such support. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteThe LORD bless you and keep you;
ReplyDeleteThe LORD make His face shine on you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance on you,
And give you peace.
Numbers 6:24-26
I love that verse Barbara shared - just perfect.
ReplyDeleteSo many cards! You and Joe are very loved. One should be arriving from us soon.
I agree that we need Jesus to get through something like this. I know so many are lifting you in prayer right now.
I'm so glad the boys are there.
I'm so glad to hear Joey's there with you; and Jeff and Kali will be along shortly. You've been on my mind every day, and I wish I was able to help in some way. For now, I hope my prayers will suffice. xoxox
ReplyDeleteSo glad your son is with you and that you will soon have both your sons there. God bless and keep you. Keeping you in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteBless Joey for taking that load off your shoulders. I'm so glad you live near to so many friends who love you. The last part of your post is so sad. But of course we know that his body was not him anymore. He is with the Lord. Death is such a mystery. And so hard for loved ones who can no longer "reach" the one who is not here anymore. Hugs and prayers, Terri.
ReplyDeletePraying for you Mary. You are a woman of strength. I am glad your family will be there for the service.
ReplyDelete*hug*
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear from you Terri. I agree about our faith being the rudder that steers our ships in the storms of life. How do people who have no faith make it? I know you will be glad to have your boys there with you and praying all Joe's accounting business will be taken care of in a timely manner. Wish I could be there to give you a hug in person but here Is a virtual one.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about it feeling more real. Bless your heart. Still wrapping in prayer my friend. Be good to yourself and take it slow. Love xx
ReplyDeleteBless your heart, Terri. This still seems like a bad dream, I am sure. But so thankful for so many dear friends who are reaching out to you and helping to carry the load by prayer and words of comfort. So happy your sons are going to be with you and help you with everything, especially next week. You are very much a part of our prayers every day. Each night we lift you and our mutual friend Barbara up to the Lord. It just doesn't seem possible that you both have had to go through this in such a close period of time. May the Lord give you strength for each new day, and courage for things that you must face without your precious Joe by your side. But we know that the Lord is always with you, and He will not leave you comfortless. Just rest in Him and let Him guide you each step of the way. (((hugs))) and love to you dear friend.
ReplyDeleteSending love and hugs Terri. Good to know you have support while dealing with all of this.
ReplyDelete