Jim, Elaine, and I all went today for a COVID test. I was exposed to Joe and they were exposed to me. I am thrilled that our tests were all negative!! Praise God! We get our second shot next Friday. Being careful, still.
Joe's cardiologist called me today to express his condolences. He is such a good man. He explained that our first vaccine doesn't really protect us until around two weeks. Joe got sick around the 8th day after the vaccine. We still have no idea where he was exposed. The doctor also told me that with Joe's other health issues, the COVID cells just overwhelmed his body.
There is no "what if" because that won't bring Joe back, but he did tell me that if you get medical help within the first day, not longer than the second day, they can give antibodies that help with the fight (that is what President Trump got). So I am telling you this so if you think you might have it, don't wait. Joe was always stubborn about getting help and he had been sick for about four days before he agreed to get help. Don't be stubborn!!
Thank you all for your kind, sweet words and especially for your prayers. This is a difficult journey but one that I have to travel. I love you all and Jesus loves us more!!
Terri, dear friend. Thank you for this post and for this information about the necessity of getting help immediately when COVID is suspected. I did not know these things. We learn from each other. You have done all your readers a service.
ReplyDeleteI am thankful you, Elaine, and her husband all tested negative.
FaceBook has done something strange this week. I have an absolutely terrible time connecting to it and most of the time I have to just quit and try again later. I got your message about the service but have not been able to log onto FB since then. So if there's something you specifically want me to know, please send it via email.
You are in my prayers throughout the days.
Thanks for sharing that information Terri. I will pass it on. What a lovely man to call and express his sorrow at Joe's death. Not many doctors do that. Prayers going up for you. So glad yall were all negative.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this information - even when you are hurting. Hugs. I am glad that you do not have it.
ReplyDeleteOh Terri, I am so happy to hear that you and Jim and Elaine have all tested negative, and I pray that you will stay strong for these days ahead of you. Joe's cardiologist was very kind to call you, and we appreciate that information that he gave you. That may save someone else's life. I know you are still in shock and you have much going on right now. Please know that many are praying for you all over the country, and that we know the Lord is carrying you on His shoulders through this time of sorrow. Just hang in there and take it one day at a time. I wish we were closer so we could give you a hug. Love, Pam, John and "Lily Grace".
ReplyDeleteI'm so thankful you all tested negative. I love that the cardiologist called you. Not too many doctors would do that, but I have a feeling that he thought Joe was special too. We do have our favorite patients! Good advice too.
ReplyDeleteI hope you know what a blessing you are to all of us during this time - sharing info with us while you are grieving is pretty special.
Oh Terri, what an enormous relief! Joe's cardiologist sounds like an exceptional man, and this is a treasure trove of information. We had a teleconference today with Tom's pulmonologist and she was quite specific about what to expect in the way of side effects. Now, I'm wondering about the 'first day' or 'second day' -- and how to tell if it's COVID or a side effect. Better to err on the side of caution, I suppose. Thank you for sharing your journey, dear lady. 💜
ReplyDeleteMy dad is 83, and I have let him know about Joe, mostly because I am concerned about him getting the vaccine. Could it be that Joe didn't get covid out and about, but from the vaccine itself. I was not feeling comfortable about the vaccine before, but I feel even more uncomfortable now. I'm glad you and your dear friends are all negative! Holding you close in prayer.
ReplyDeleteOur doctor told us that you can't get the virus from the vaccine, Patti. It is not a live virus. Think about flu shots. You can't get the flu from a vaccine. The second shot may cause some flu-like feelings but it is just your body responding to the antibodies and means it is working. Talk to a trusted doctor.
DeleteAlso, our 93 year old friend, Helen, got her shot the same time we did and she is fine. Do not be afraid of the vaccine!! Listen to your doctor.
DeleteThank you for sharing in the midst of your grief. So thankful that your test was negative.
ReplyDeleteDearest Terri:
ReplyDeleteSo glad you all tested negative. Joe's cardiologist was
kind to call you.
We are on a waiting list for the Covid vaccine.
Thank you for sharing this information.
You continue to have my prayers during this time.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the update and information. So so sorry for all that you are going through.
Yay on your negative test! *hug*
ReplyDeleteThank the Lord for a negative test, Terri! And thanks, too, for your wise advice shared here. Know you are a blessing to all of us, my friend. Love you!
ReplyDeletePraying for you Terri. Our hearts and thoughts are with you.
ReplyDeleteBlessings. xx
Keeping in prayer, Terri.
ReplyDeleteTerri, Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about Joe. My prayers are with you. Covid is so devastating. My co-worker lost her husband as well. :(
ReplyDeleteMy heart goes out to you and I know how you feel as I just went through the same 1 year ago. I pray for you every day.
ReplyDeleteI'm so impressed that Joe's cardiologist called you personally. Good advice from him too.
ReplyDeleteThank God for the negative tests for all three of you!