Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Tuesday 4...

 Thanks to Annie for today's questions!  Click on the Tuesday4 below to join in!


Tuesday 4

Valentine's Day

 Welcome to Tuesday 4. I am sure  Toni would be so pleased you are here.

Let's talk about St. Valentine's Day.

1. St Valentine paid for the weddings of poor girls. Today weddings can cost a fortune. What do you think about wedding expenses?  For myself, we spent as little as possible but still had our loved ones with us and made some good memories.  I know younger brides want more, especially these days.  If you can afford a huge wedding event, go for it.  But if that money could be better used to furnish an apartment or for a house down payment, then that makes a lot more sense.

2. Do you or did you send Valentines to people?  I don't send Valentines anymore but do get one for Joe.  Of course, when I was in school we had decorated shoe boxes and everyone got a Valentine. That was always fun.


3. Do you find Valentine's day to be romantic?  I am not married to a romantic guy.  Other than a 
card and profession of love, maybe dinner out, that's as romantic as we get. 

4. Do you do anything special for Valentine's Day with partners or family?  This year will be a bit 
different because my BFF's hubby, Jim, also celebrates his birthday on Valentine's Day so we are 
planning to go out to dinner and come back to our house for some birthday cake.  
Helen and Cheryl are joining us. 

Happy Valentine's Day folks.


Peace & hugs!  Jesus loves you!





15 comments:

  1. Hi Terri:
    I enjoyed your answers today, especially #1, I totally agree with you.
    We had a small wedding with family and close friends.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a small wedding too. It was just what we wanted.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As one of those moms who spent way way too much on my daughter's wedding which was lovely, I am hoping that trend goes away. It was pretty and she had fun, but I had just as much fun at a wedding that cost not much at all. Cake and homemade goodies in the reception hall in the church is good enough for all. That money could go to the house for sure. My son is much more the practical:) That is my two cents. Jeff is very romantic but we made the decision at the beginning to go simple on V Day and anniversaries. IT works for us:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My answers were I doing this would be very similar to yours. We'll do dinner either for Valentines or for our anniversary which is the 18th. Otherwise, we'll just be together as usual which makes me very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband is not very romantic either. It is not a huge day here. We do small things though. Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the olden days - back when I was young - a fine church wedding and a reception in the fire hall was considered great fun and memorable. Money went to setting up the house. But I was from one of those "red" states... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are from the same "old school"...conservative in most everything but still love to have fun! I think it is romantic to still have our sweet hubbies love being with us and doing things together. Going out to eat with or without friends is a treat. Taking a ride somewhere nice together is also a treat, that to me is romantic. We don't need fancy stuff to know we are loved. It's the little things from day to day that say "I love you!". That's what I think! :) Love your cute avatar pic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember those grade-school Valentines! Only ours were white bakery bags hung across the bottom of the chalkboard. Tom's not romantic, either; but like the song lyric goes, I wouldn't change him for a sack of gold. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think dinner out with hubs sounds pretty romantic... at this age, take what ever you can get is what I always say!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have had a few overblown Valentine's Days in the past, but we don't do that any more. It sounds more fun to me to get together with some friends and celebrate a birthday. I have a cousin who celebrates her birthday on Valentine's Day. I don't know if she's a fan or not. As for the weddings, we think alike. Have a great day, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you'll be having a fun Valentine's, Terri. We usually go out to dinner and exchange cards, but with this Covid, not even that is happening this year.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy the birthday dinner!! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a fun week. I hope you are both feeling lots better! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with you on weddings. When we got married, most people just served ham buns, salad, chips and cake. Everyone had fun and it didn't break the bank!
    Joe and Bob are a lot alike! But they are good guys who show their love in different ways. I have a friend whose husband always does the big gestures, but then treats her terrible the rest of the time.
    Our Heather was born on Valentines Day, so for years we celebrated a birthday on the day. Now she is out of the house, so we go out for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your answers, what a fun week :) Gator and I had a very small wedding :) its not about the money

    ReplyDelete