On this last day of February, I thought I should post a catch-up before heading off to church. Joey is going with me!
Joey and I have been busy, which is good. He spent yesterday pressure washing the house. Did a great job. We usually have it done in March so it was ready. Bless him for that hard work.
While he did that I did two loads of laundry, sorted through some of Joe's things, went to Helen's house to help Cheryl get Helen off the floor in the bathroom where she had fallen. Elaine went with me and was a great help. Elaine has a nursing degree from Ohio State and she calmed Helen down and made sure she hadn't broken a hip. We were able to get her up and she walked with her walker from her bathroom to the family room. I am sure she was having some fall-out from her COVID vaccine. She only weighs 100 pounds. Cheryl said she slept most of the day but woke up in time for some dinner.
Speaking of the vaccine (which we got on Friday - our second injection), I am only suffering a very sore arm that travels up my shoulder and into my neck. It is nothing I can't endure. I expect it to go away soon. Elaine said she and Jim both just had really sore arms.
I spoke with Kori, from our church, who is in charge of the dessert reception after Joe's memorial. She is so sweet and I told her I trust her completely to make it nice.
I made a pot of ham and pea soup (from scratch with dried peas) for our dinner. It cooked all day into a delicious thick soup (if I do say so). Joey enjoyed it and the cornbread I made.
So, I am staying busy and I am trusting God and I am honoring my Joe as best I can. I also have a phone interview with Rita Staffing on Tuesday morning.
I feel the love from family and friends and that includes everyone here. Thank you for your continued prayers. I need them.
So glad to hear that Joey is there with you and that he is helping so much. What a comfort. I know Joe would be so proud of him for being there for you. The ham and pea soup sounds great. What is "Rita Staffing"? Are you thinking of going back to work? Praying for you if that is the case. Glad to know Helen wasn't injured in her fall. That is so scary. Glad Elaine was there also to help out. How much longer will she and her hubby be there? How wonderful that they are there now for you. You are very much in my prayers especially this week. May the Lord give you daily strength and peace, and take care of all your needs. (((hugs))) and love to you dear friend.
ReplyDeleteElaine and Jim are here through March. Yes, I have to go to work. Losing Joe's social security will make it hard to get by if I don't get some money coming in. His life insurance vanished when he turned 80. It's okay. I am healthy and won't mind getting out of the house for a part time job. I really enjoyed those 8 months with Dr. Chokshi back in 2019. It's either that or win the lottery!! Thank you for your continued prayers!!
DeleteOh, I am just seeing your reply. I wish blogger would let me know when there are replies to comments...I guess I need to click that button "notify me". Anyway, I am just reading that you are planning to go back to work, and I will be praying for the right job to be there waiting for you when you are ready. I know God will take care of you one way or the other. He never fails, and He knows you need.
DeleteWhat a relief to have Joey with you, Terri, and to know that Helen wasn't hurt in her fall. That happened to my mom several years back, and unfortunately, she broke her femur. That was quite the ordeal! And you certainly don't need any complications in your life at this time. Praying for you, and holding you close in my heart.
ReplyDeleteGlad Joey is there as I know it is hard at this time. The soup sounds so good and would be perfect here with the rainy, dreary weather we are having. Sure glad Helen didnt break anything when she fell. That is what scares me. Know you are being prayed for every day my friend.
ReplyDeleteThese falls are dangerous as we age. I know, I had mine too. Remember the Thorasic Outlet Syndrome I suffered from for years? That was from a fall. I'm glad your friend didn't suffer any ill effects.
ReplyDeleteStill praying for ya my friend. God bless. xx
*hug*
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGlad Joey was there to help. Such a big comfort to you.
DeleteGood thing Elaine was there to help with Helen and Helen
wasn't hurt.
Your ham and pea soup sounds delicious. You kept yourself busy and that
is a good thing.
My continued prayers are with you.
https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/
Terri, keeping in prayer...I am glad Helen wasn't hurt.
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts are with you during this difficult time.
ReplyDeletePrayers and lots of thoughts dear one.
ReplyDeleteTerry, You are in my thoughts and daily prayers. The service you are planning will be a remembrance and will honor your beloved. Peace, Jenny
ReplyDeleteThat is great that you only had a sore arm from the vaccine! My co-workers were all side lined with chills, fever, headaches. They had top take 1-2 days of from work to recover. Most of them only had one day off, but there was one girl that had a hard time. They were all better after a couple of days.
ReplyDeleteI am glad Joey is with you right now. Enjoy church! Have a nice day!
https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
We both had sore arms and a bit of achy muscles but as you said, nothing we cannot cope with. So glad your son is there with you. Lifting you up this week as you prepare for the services.
ReplyDeleteLike others have said, I'm so glad Joey's there by your side. What a scare for Helen and Cheryl, but such a blessing to have Elaine's training and cool hand kick in. Does Jim know you don't plan on letting her go next month? 😉
ReplyDeleteContinuing prayers! xoxox
I agree that it's great that Joey is there and you have friends and family that care about you. We do too and I'm so glad you are keeping us up to date. I'm keeping you in my prayers my friend! Take care of yourself and let everyone help you through this difficult time. Sweet hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteSo glad you have Joey and so many others keeping you company through these days. You are truly blessed with a great family and community of friends. My prayers continue for your comfort, peace, and strength. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! Helen is so fortunate to have such good neighbors nearby!
ReplyDeleteBless Joey!! I'm sure it's so good to have him there taking care of some things. That split pea soup sounds amazing!! I haven't made that in a couple of years, but we love it.
I hope the staffing company finds a good place for you that will be fun and not draining or frustrating. Blessings on this very big week, dear Terri!
The Lord is clearly answering the prayers for you. This is a wonderful illustration of God's lovingkindness for those who love and serve Him.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you are doing well with your second shot. I got my first one on Monday. You are still in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI don't know why I said Monday, I mean Friday.
DeleteHello dear Terri! I have scrolled back a bit to update myself, you sound like a pillar of strength! I honestly don't think I would have such presence of mind to blog during a time as trying as what you're going through. My prayers continue for you. When things settle down, stop by my blog, I am desperately trying to reactivate it and rejoin the blogging community. Hugs and prayers!
ReplyDeleteHello Julie, please send me your new blog. Clicking on you name doesn't take me to your site. I would love to reconnect.
DeleteSo glad you have family and friends to support you, and help you do some of the things that need doing. Take your time and be kind to yourself just now.
ReplyDeleteMy mom and dad (70 and 71 respectively) are getting their shots Thursday and I am hoping they do well with them too. Glad you're making it ok.
ReplyDelete