Monday, January 6, 2020

Monday's Weekend Recap...



This past weekend was about as dull as last weekend. My cold is over, with only a cough now and then but Joe is still hacking and blowing and feeling tired.  Now he has stress knots in his left shoulder that are really hurting him. Heating pad and lidocaine rubs are only helping a little. Sigh.  I told him he has two weeks to get well.  My left knee surgery is the 28th and I need him healthy for this one!!  Of course, my threats aren't worth much. My surgery doesn't matter... I just want him well!

So, I saw my doctor on Friday and got the clearance.  Friday night Joe and I both went to the clubhouse to play Nickels.  There were only 15 of us so we split into two tables of 7 and 8. It isn't as much fun with so few. Much more fun with 10 at each table but we persevered and enjoyed the company.


Lakeland has a new Greenwise (Publix) Market store now!  It is very much like Whole Foods.  All organic foods, prepared meals, a huge salad bar, fresh baked goods, etc.  We popped in last week and really liked it.  It is pricey so we won't be doing any major shopping there but will pop in for specialty things now and then.  There is outdoor seating to eat, and a HomeGoods store will open next door in a few months! I'm really excited about that!

On Saturday (yawn) I did laundry and that's about it.  We have been watching old Columbo reruns on YouTube.

I went to Sunday school and church without Joe yesterday.  He was tired and just wasn't up for holding in the coughs yet.  I told him I did my coughing during the singing! LOL  Of course, we had football on the TV all afternoon.  I made a crockpot full of chili on Saturday so we had the leftovers yesterday. A cold front has moved in and it got down into the 40s. That is cold for us!!

Joe has a doctor's appointment today, I go to the dentist tomorrow.  Wednesday we have the farm (Joe's client) in the morning and our small group from church Wednesday night for dinner.  Thursday Joe sees his cardiologist and Friday we will be in Tampa most of the day for my pre-op appointments at the doctor's office, and then at the hospital.  A medical week for us.

Thanks for checking in!  I am blessed to have you all in my life here!!

Peace & hugs!!  God bless!!


21 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty nice weekend to me! Except for the coughing, etc. We will keep praying for Joe and you especially in these upcoming weeks leading to your surgery and beyond. That Publix Greenwise store sounds interesting. But the "pricey" part would probably keep me away. It is nice to know there are those options available, however. We are down to 38 this morning, so it is another chilly day here as well. Your pot of chili sounds good. I made chicken pot pie (actually the chicken mixture over biscuits...easier to do). It was good. Have a good week. Sounds kind of busy! Take care and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are better and pray Joe will be soon. Do you feel you spend days at a time at dr.'s offices and appointments? We do! Have a good Monday an week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your cold is almost gone. Hope Joe gets over it soon too. Sounds as if you are running from one doctor to another this week, but it will all be worth it when you knee is done and you are up and literally running. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you both are feeling better. Coughs are always hard to get rid of.
    I love Columbo.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is a medical week for the both of you, Terri, and I will keep you both in prayer.
    I know this sounds odd, but for Joe's muscle pain, try an ice pack. Our chiropractor suggested this for Danny for his back pain, and it really works well. After using the ice, then try the heat. Sure hope he feels better soon!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous of your Greenwise store! We have to go all the way to Pittsburgh (or farther) to get to a Whole Foods or a Giant Eagle Marketplace. Tim doesn't travel for shopping, let alone groceries, so I haven't gotten to go to either of them yet.

    I sure hope Joe is feeling better soon!

    Have a great week, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope we get a Greenwise here. I hope your cough finishes up and you are great to go to surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fan of YouTube... I send over the oldies over to my smart TV and its great.. Ramar of the Jungle now a really old one I doubt anyone recalls. I use to fight with my brother over it... he wanted Western Playhouse which was on at the same time... those old memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sound just as busy as we are this week, smiles. Keeping you in prayer. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is hard to stay healthy with all the flu going around. When we were in Georgia, the local hospital refused any visitors as they had treated 700 cases of flu. Teachers told parents to disinfect back packs etc before coming back to school today. Hoping Joe is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your cough goes away and Joe gets better.
    Good luck with your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you're both getting on the back side of those pesky colds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Publix/Greenwise sounds so great! We've nothing like that nearby, which is probably a good thing. :) So sorry to hear Joe's cough is coughing him such distress. (Did you ever get 'that' package?)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That new store sure looks nice. I hope we get one here too. Take care of yourself...both of you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Coughing during the singing -- that actually is a good idea, strange as it may sound to some. I'm so glad your surgery date is in sight and things are lining up nicely for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you are going to get the surgery. I will be praying for you and Joe. Coughing is no fun at all.
    A Greenwise Publix. I didn't know that existed. Ours of course has much of that in it and I love my Publix. I do eat a lot of that as it has helped with my Rheumatoid disease a ton. Lots less medicine.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You guys have sure had a hard time with illnesses lately. Praying for both of you. I'm excited that it's almost time for that second knee. You'll be a new woman!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Crock Pot full of chili!! Sounds so wonderful.
    I saw your question on Gloria's blog. I have taken over the Tuesday 4 Meme for Toni.
    https://tuesdaysplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so sorry Joe is still coughing. Dick is FINALLY getting better. It's tiresome to be the person coughing and also tiresome to be the person who has to listen to it. I'm so glad you're cleared for your other knee surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad you got the all clear for your surgery but what a busy week this will be. I hope Joe feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stocks are more than paper used for trading. Stocks represent a collective ownership in the company that you have invested in. satta king

    ReplyDelete