Sultans of Swing
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants' posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Sultans of Swing (1978)
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.
1) The song begins by mentioning how it feels to shiver on a rainy night. As you answer these questions, is it chilly ... or rainy ... or dark? Chilly (for FL) 68* but sunny. Will be 80 on Saturday.
2) The lyrics describe a bar at closing time, when the owner announces, "Goodnight, now, it's time to go home." Can you recall a time when you lingered until you closed the joint? It was a very long time ago. A VERY long time ago!
3) This song was written years before it was recorded, back in the days before Dire Straits was a success. Composer/lead singer/lead guitarist Mark Knopfler recalls that, when he was working on "Sultans of Swing," he was worried about paying his gas bill. Is anything troubling you this Saturday? Yes, Joe's shoulder.
4) When this song was popular, Sam often played it on the jukebox because, well, who doesn't like Dire Straits? 40 years later, both that jukebox and the bar it was in are gone. Have you recently been to a restaurant or bar that has a jukebox? No.
5) In 1978, the year "Sultans of Swing" topped the charts, Garfield first appeared in newspapers all around the United States. Over the years, it was revealed that the cartoon cat loved lasagna and hated raisins. What's a food you love? What's one that you hate? I love shrimp, crab legs, scallops, most any Italian food, most veggies, including potatoes. I hate ocra, snails, and oysters (and raw sushi).
6) One of People magazine's top-selling issues of 1978 featured Carrie Fisher and Darth Vader on the cover. The article celebrated the theatrical re-release of Star Wars and announced that the cast was on board for a sequel. How many Star Wars movies have you seen? Just the first three that came out. I'm not a big fan.
7) The most popular movie of 1978 was Grease. What's your favorite song from the Grease soundtrack? Summer Nights.
8) In 1978, Yves St. Laurent made fashion news by putting his female runway models in menswear-inspired suits, complete with neckties and pocket squares. Do you know how to tie a Windsor knot? Yes, I can. Can you fold a handkerchief into a pocket square? Yes, I can.
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.
1) The song begins by mentioning how it feels to shiver on a rainy night. As you answer these questions, is it chilly ... or rainy ... or dark? Chilly (for FL) 68* but sunny. Will be 80 on Saturday.
2) The lyrics describe a bar at closing time, when the owner announces, "Goodnight, now, it's time to go home." Can you recall a time when you lingered until you closed the joint? It was a very long time ago. A VERY long time ago!
3) This song was written years before it was recorded, back in the days before Dire Straits was a success. Composer/lead singer/lead guitarist Mark Knopfler recalls that, when he was working on "Sultans of Swing," he was worried about paying his gas bill. Is anything troubling you this Saturday? Yes, Joe's shoulder.
4) When this song was popular, Sam often played it on the jukebox because, well, who doesn't like Dire Straits? 40 years later, both that jukebox and the bar it was in are gone. Have you recently been to a restaurant or bar that has a jukebox? No.
5) In 1978, the year "Sultans of Swing" topped the charts, Garfield first appeared in newspapers all around the United States. Over the years, it was revealed that the cartoon cat loved lasagna and hated raisins. What's a food you love? What's one that you hate? I love shrimp, crab legs, scallops, most any Italian food, most veggies, including potatoes. I hate ocra, snails, and oysters (and raw sushi).
6) One of People magazine's top-selling issues of 1978 featured Carrie Fisher and Darth Vader on the cover. The article celebrated the theatrical re-release of Star Wars and announced that the cast was on board for a sequel. How many Star Wars movies have you seen? Just the first three that came out. I'm not a big fan.
7) The most popular movie of 1978 was Grease. What's your favorite song from the Grease soundtrack? Summer Nights.
8) In 1978, Yves St. Laurent made fashion news by putting his female runway models in menswear-inspired suits, complete with neckties and pocket squares. Do you know how to tie a Windsor knot? Yes, I can. Can you fold a handkerchief into a pocket square? Yes, I can.
9) Random question: You're visiting a friend. He graciously offers you the use of his super-expensive, brand-new luxury sedan for the duration of your stay. Do you take him up on it? Sure. Why not? He has insurance and so do I. Or do you rent a car instead? If he is that rich and doesn't like my driving, he can rent a car for me instead! LOL
Thanks to Crazy Sam for today's questions. You can find her HERE to join in!
Thanks for your visit! Peace & hugs!
God bless!!


I am not familiar with Sultans of Swing. I love Mexican food and dislike sushi. I saw the first Star Wars movie but that is ....not a big fan. Hoping you have a good weekend - we are to have severe storms.
ReplyDeleteMine will be up shortly. It is rather warm here in Western NY this morning, expecting rain...it seems to be covering the Eastern U.S. Have a great day Terri.
ReplyDeleteOur temps are about the same today! Of course, we're expecting rain and high winds and a big front coming through to drop the temps tomorrow. PA in January. Yay. We could share a meal. I like all your choices...and I like snails, but I don't have to have them. :) Have a great Saturday, Terri!
ReplyDeleteWe got to Texas Roadhouse at least once a month and they have a juke box but I don't think it ever plays anything I like. It's more for decoration, it seems.
ReplyDeletePraying all with Joe's shoulder gets resolved soon. So sorry this issue has come up!
We go to Texas Roadhouse now and then but I don't remember seeing a jukebox there. Will have to pay attention next time! Joe is feeling a bit better and is able to use his left arm more but still in pain with the shoulder and across the back of his neck. Waiting to hear the MRI has been approved by his insurance.
DeleteI always enjoy visiting your blog.
ReplyDeleteWe are supposed to get sleet, snow and freezing rain today.
Our vehicles already have ice on them.
Have a great weekend.
I love fried Okra. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!
ReplyDeletehttp://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
What I wouldn't give to enjoy a big plate of crab legs. (Suppose the ensuing rash would be worth it?) I don't recall ever having seen a single Star Wars movie; not a fan here, either. Prayers continue for Joe's shoulder!
ReplyDeleteWe were close to 80* a few days ago, as always we're having crazy weather. Hot today, cold tomorrow!! Prayers for Joe!
ReplyDeleteWe are in the 70's with the a/c about to becoming on - way too hot for January! Prayers for Joe. We love Star Wars here.
ReplyDeleteI think we must have been separated at birth. Our answers are so similar. Great answers! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!
ReplyDeleteI loved that song, Terri! And I'm right there with you on the likes/dislikes in the food arena. I can still remember the one time I was talked into eating a raw oyster - yuck!!!
ReplyDeleteHope Joe's shoulder is feeling better today!
Blessings!
I'm not a Star Wars fan either. Funny, everyone I know is addicted to it. Me, I couldn't care less.
ReplyDeleteI do like the music of Grease, but I really hate the message of Olivia Newton John's character---change who you are to get the guy. That bugs me!!
Love your answers. I am not StarWars crazy either and Summer Nights is my favorite song from that musical, too. xo Diana
ReplyDeleteI'm not a Star Wars fan either - and guess where Bob took me on our first date? To a Star Wars movie! He told me I should have said something, but that wouldn't have been very nice on a first date. :)
ReplyDeleteI really liked Grease.
Hope Joe is doing better.
Use about two to three inches of organic material as mulch in all of your flower beds. By doing this, you can lock in moisture, discourage weed growth, and nourish your plants. You will also have a gorgeous and finished organic flower bed.
ReplyDeletesatta king
play bazaar
When traveling, if you have to use a public computer for anything, whether it's to check your email, your Facebook, or your bank account, make sure you log out! satta king
ReplyDeleteplay bazaar
To lose weight, you need to be moving. Every person should be getting an average of 10,000 steps per day. Purchase a pedometer to make sure that you are putting those steps in. If you are not, you will know right away to step it up a little and get moving.
ReplyDeletesatta king
play bazaar
If you are trying to lose weight, a great tip is to keep red pepper flakes in your home. Red pepper flakes can help you feel satisfied for a longer period of time. Therefore, if you eat these earlier in the day, red pepper flakes can lower your cravings later in the day.
ReplyDeletesatta king
play bazaar
upcoming movies
ReplyDeletelatest bollywood movies
bollywood movies 2021
Box Office Collection
salman khan upcoming movies
satta king
ReplyDeleteplay bazaar Najar ne najar se mulaqat kar li, rahe khamosh dono aur baat kar li, mohabbat ki fizza ko jab khush paya, en aankho ne ro ro ke barsat kar li
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletenice one
ReplyDeletefitness
fitness model
attractive
ReplyDeleteweight gain
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletesatta king
ReplyDeletePlay Bazaar good earning sites nice sites
akshay kumar upcoming movies
ReplyDeleteShahrukh Khan Upcoming Movies
Salman Khan Upcoming Movies
bollywood movies 2021
Box Office Collection
upcoming movies
latest bollywood movies good sites
train cargo services delhi
ReplyDeleteair freight service air cargo services delhi
air cargo services in india
air cargo services delhi
best warehousing companies in india
warehousing companies in india
warehousing companies in delhi ncr
3pl warehousing companies in india
3pl in warehousing
top logistics company in india
top logistics company in delhi ncr
air cargo services in india
ReplyDelete