Friday, October 25, 2019

Friday Photos...

I don't have too much to share this Friday since I have been spending most of my time in the hospital with Joe.  I did steal a couple of photos from Facebook though that I am so happy to have!!


I often mention my BFF, Elaine.  We have been friends since we were 10/11 or so.
This is her hubby, Jim, her mom (and my 2nd mom), Jerri, and Elaine.


And this is my dear sister-in-law, Jo Anne, on the right, my beautiful niece, Sara,
in the middle, and her hubby, Matthew, on the left.  Great picture!!
Jo Anne just retired from teaching and is enjoying some free time, I think!


I did take this picture last week when we went to Mazzaro's Italian Market
with our neighbors.  This big brown cylinder is a 1,000-pound provolone cheese,
 imported from Italy, that has aged for 2 years.  They call it the Christmas Cheese and will cut it
sometime in mid-December.  We have purchased some in years past and
it is VERY sharp provolone.  Joe loves it.


This is the only photo I took of Joe while he was in the hospital.
This is the Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) where he spent the day
of his surgery and that night.  I took this picture more for the warming
blanket they were using on him.  The big hose fills a blanket with
warm air and keeps the patients warm, rather than continuing to add
warmed blankets on top.  When we first arrived there he had FIVE
blankets on and around him because he was so cold. When we went back
later in the evening, this is what we saw.  He was finally warm.

I am thrilled and delighted to have my sweetheart at home.  He still has healing to do and needs to purge his body of all the nasty dyes and chemicals.  He is bloated and not feeling great just yet but his heart is working so much better, praise God!!

Thanks for your visit!  Peace & hugs!!  God bless!!




16 comments:

  1. Praise be to God!

    Have a beautiful weekend, Terri! And Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good pictures of special people. So happy that Joe is at home and I know he is too. He now has the 'best' nurse to care for him. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri, I am praying for you and Joe. Praying for you have enough energy to care for him and for Joe to fully recover. Glad you had some nice pictures to show. I know it's so hard to get someone warm after surgery, that warm air was a good idea. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God, indeed! Great idea about the warming blanket; as I recall those hospital blankets are terribly thin. I don't recall seeing that Christmas cheese tower when I visited … but man oh man! I'd almost be tempted to take the drive for some really good sharp provolone! Lovely pix of your SIL's family … for a second there, I thought that was Laura Bush. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God Joe is home - one day at a time.
    Lovely relatives and friends and background there.
    That is one heck of a piece of cheese! lol
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...I need one of those blankets Terri. So glad Joe is home and I am continuing to pray that he has the best recovery ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. umm... i want one of those warmers for my bed in winter :) LOL
    Saw Joe made it home & so excited... enjoy your weekend taking care of hiim at home sweet home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WoW on that warming blanket! Most people are cold coming from surgery, this is wonderful for them. Enjoyed the pics of your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That warming blanket this is so awesome! So glad he's home and praying he'll be completely well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am praying for complete healing for Joe. That giant cheese is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praise be to God for Joe coming home! May he get to feeling better with each passing day. Blessings, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank God that he is home and safe. I hope healing continues quickly.
    That cheese is just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joe being home is the best news! Praying he has a good recovery and minimal discomfort.
    Wow - that is a lot of cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such good news about Joe. I have neve seen a warming blanket like that one. That's a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad that Joe is home and recuperating well. I know you will be a loving, caring nurse to him as he recovers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I learned two things of particular interest here:
    1) the 1,000 pound cylinder of Provolone cheese
    2) warming a patient with a huge hose of warm air

    Wow. What an interesting week you've had in addition to Joe's surgery!!

    ReplyDelete