The Joker
Saturday 9: The Joker (1973)
because Stacy recommended it.
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
because Stacy recommended it.
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Steve Miller claims he's a picker, grinner, sinner, lover, smoker and joker. Do any of those six words describe you? I grin a lot, I hope I'm a lover (of many people and things), and of course I am a sinner praising God for his Mercy and Grace.
2) He maintains he's still a midnight toker. When's the last time you got high? I've never had a chemical high but am usually high on life most of the time.
3) The lyrics include a reference to peaches. Name your favorite fruit. Well, I do love a fresh peach but I guess if I have to name a favorite it would be cherries.
4) This song had a big impact on the character of Joey on Friends, who had an imaginary friend named Maurice with the occupation of space cowboy. Did you ever have an imaginary friend? Not that I recall.
2) He maintains he's still a midnight toker. When's the last time you got high? I've never had a chemical high but am usually high on life most of the time.
3) The lyrics include a reference to peaches. Name your favorite fruit. Well, I do love a fresh peach but I guess if I have to name a favorite it would be cherries.
4) This song had a big impact on the character of Joey on Friends, who had an imaginary friend named Maurice with the occupation of space cowboy. Did you ever have an imaginary friend? Not that I recall.
5) Steve Miller is the pride of Milwaukee, WI. What else is Milwaukee famous for? Beer is the first thing that came to mind.
6) Steve Miller considers himself a serious blues guitarist. When did you last feel like singing the blues? I happen to like blues music, but I can't really think of a time recently when I felt blue or down.
7) In 1973, when this song was popular, you could buy a portable 8-track tape player for $44.50. On what device do you listen to music most often? Alexa/Echo or the car radio.
8) A Curious George book packaged with a Curious George plush toy was a big seller at Christmas 1973. Tell us about a toy -- either given or received -- that brightened a holiday or birthday for you. It's been a long, long, long time since I got toys for gifts (or gave them, for that matter). Maybe a Barbie doll when I was 11 or 12.
9) M*A*S*H was one of TV's top-rated shows in 1973. Who is your favorite M*A*S*H character? I was rather fond of Radar, but really did love that show and catch the reruns when I can.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
Thanks to Crazy Sam for this week's Saturday 9!! Join in and link up HERE if you want to join the fun!
Happy Saturday! Peace & hugs.



I enjoyed your answers, Terri. Have a beautiful day, friend.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteTerri I had to laugh as I saw that song. When I was in nursing school it was a hit. I still enjoy it, though the lyrics are not so great.lol When I hear that song it takes me right back in time.
ReplyDeleteRadar was a fun character...hated it when he left the show. At least they didn't kill him off so I could still imagine him living happily in Iowa.
ReplyDeleteI am always surprised that we don't have more fresh fruit and vegetables here in my neck of the woods here in Florida.. I thought it would be a given... as well as good fresh fish...I think this pertains to one of the questions or did I wander!! :)
ReplyDeleteFun questions today! Hope you are enjoying your weekend.
ReplyDeleteAlexa is my 'go-to' source for music, as well! 'Hope you're enJOYing a wonderful eve with Tristan, Lauren and their mom!
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed all your answers. When my 2 older daughters started school my youngest daughter missed them so much she came up with an imaginary friend named Cathy. Cathy went everywhere with us, I even had to give her a sandwich for lunch. When Peggy went down for her nap I ate the sandwich! lol
ReplyDelete