Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 291
Here are the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge.
Because nobody has anything else to do four days before Christmas, right?
Of course not. Let's declare next week (Dec. 28) Christmas vacation in the Hodgepodge and come back with a fresh edition in the brand new year (Jan 4). In the meantime, answer today's questions on your own blog then hop back here tomorrow to add your link to the party. See you there!
1. What's left to be done on your Christmas to-do list? I have gifts for four more people to wrap and a couple of little things yet to get. Then I need to do some baking and make a menu list for Christmas dinner and get to Publix. Whew!!
2. The Hodgepodge lands on the first day of winter this year. What's your favorite thing about winter? Winter in Florida is the best time of year. The humidity goes away and we can turn off the AC. We will have four months of delightful weather now!
3. In what area of your life are you immature? I tend to be too trusting. Feel free to elaborate or not. Not much to elaborate...I just tend to believe in people (like a 5-year old) and sometimes it really hurts to find out I shouldn't have.
4. What was the most (or one of the most) important lessons you learned in 2016? Life is precious and should not be taken for granted. Not the first time I've learned that lesson, but it was slammed home when Joe had his stroke in February.
5. It's Fried Shrimp Day...are you a fan? Oh my goodness, yes! What's your favorite way to eat shrimp? Do you remember Bubba Gump's dialog on shrimp....
"...Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it."
Will there be shrimp somewhere in your holiday feastings? Italian's are supposed to have seven fishes for Christmas Eve dinner. Shrimp will most likely be on the buffet!
"...Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it."
Will there be shrimp somewhere in your holiday feastings? Italian's are supposed to have seven fishes for Christmas Eve dinner. Shrimp will most likely be on the buffet!
6. What sound lulls you to sleep? Ocean sounds from our 'sound machine'. We also travel with one.
7. What one word best describes your 2016? Interesting.
8. Insert your own random thought here. 2016 has been "interesting" because of the ups and downs....Joe's stroke, my niece's wedding, we lost our sister-in-law Joan, I turned 65.....not sure if that's an up or down (LOL). Two babies born to a niece & a nephew. I think it is also interesting that Christmas Eve is also the start of Hanukkah this year. Interesting.
Thanks again to Joyce for this Hodgepodge of questions. Thanks to you for your visit today!
Wishing you peace and love as we head into this sacred and holy weekend! Happy birthday to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!


I enjoyed your Hodgepodge, Terri. We finished all our shopping yesterday...have a beautiful day friend.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the reminder of Bubba Gump's monologue on shrimp. I enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Christmas. It's been a delight journeying with you through 2016!
All our gifting is done. Hubby took them to South Florida Monday to give to his sister and her family, so, that is done. I grew up eating fresh fish, shrimp, crab, soft-shelled turtle, etc. and I'm weary of it. My preference is chicken or steak or pasta now. Merry CHRISTmas! ~:)
ReplyDeleteI love fried shrimp and like your quote from Forrest Gump, is there a bad way to eat shrimp??? I think I am done with all my prep. Now to just enjoy a few days by the tree, maybe doing some stitching.
ReplyDeleteI still have to finish up some shopping and I still have to wrap everything.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
Oh....we really should get together some day for a shrimpfest! LOL
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed and merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas Terri!
ReplyDeleteI love shrimp too, anyway you fix it, it's always yummy. Don't have much to do for Christmas, the daughters do it all these days! Merry Christmas
ReplyDeleteFunny, Terri, but I have a sound machine at my bedside and one for travel, too. I can't sleep without them. White noise in my favorite. Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!
ReplyDeleteI do need to hit the grocery store one more time before the weekend, but my list isn't too long. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
ReplyDeletePeace and love sent your way! (I HAVE to have my sound machine too.)
ReplyDeletePhew I hope you get your to do list finished. I'm sure you will. Have a lovely Christmas Terri.
ReplyDeleteGreat answers, Terri ... particularly #4.
ReplyDeleteI used to LOVE shrimp to distraction; then unfortunately, developed a shell-fish allergy about 10 years ago. Have one (or several!) for me, OK?
Merry blessed Christmas!
Oh Terri, you and Joe have had quite a year! Praise God for his mercy and watch care over you and Joe during that scary time. I think you have a good year to look forward to this year. I pray that is so. I have so appreciated your willingness to make your faith in Christ public in many ways, rather than hiding your light under a bushel. Many blessings in the year ahead. xo
ReplyDeleteI'm the opposite of trusting. I don't trust many people at all. I've been burned too many times. Funny, I trust more of my blogging friends than the people I know in 'real' life. I use Bubba Gump to describe my love of shrimp too! LOL Merry Christmas to you, Joe and the family!
ReplyDeleteAlways enjoy reading your hodgepodge! Merry Christmas to you and your family. I pray that 2017 brings you much happiness! xo
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to say "hi"....HOPE after CHRIStmas I can do better at visiting...right now, there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day. :'(
ReplyDeleteI thought about that scene from Forrest Gump when I read the question!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, Terri!
Merry Christmas! :Yes, winter in FLorida is always wonderful! Even today, although it was chilly and gray, it felt more like Christmas! Praying that your 2017 is a much better year. May God continue to give you and your hubby strength, healing, and much joy. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteI've been called naive, and tend to be too trusting, as well. I guess we have that in common.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree with you more, life is precious and shouldn't be taken for granted. I learned that lesson last year.
Wishing you and Joe a very Merry Christmas,
Kathy (Reflections)
I feel better now that I saw your list of things yet to do!! Mine is pretty much the same.
ReplyDeleteHahaha...loved that bit from Forest Gump! I could eat shrimp all of those ways!
ReplyDeleteSeven fishes...wow! What's an epipen? Thank you for your kind words re: My Beloved SWMBO. The sad fact is that her cancer is incurable. The best that they can hope for is to manage it with drugs, etc, so the prospect of living without cancer is unrealistic, a very nice thought though. Merry Christmas to you and yours. All the best in the New Year.
ReplyDelete